We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.
***11/16/2019 Attention GolfWRX community. If you had to reset your forum password, please see info below. ***

GolfWRX was informed of a potential issue and in an effort to be proactive, passwords were reset for some users. Please use the forget password recovery link: https://forums.golfwrx.com/entry/passwordrequest

Please email [email protected] if further help is required. We're sorry for any inconvenience.

Just where do Ping iBlades fit?

ChipNRun ·  
ChipNRunChipNRun  1793Members Posts: 1,793

My familiarity with Ping has been sporadic. Circa 2009 the Ping S57 irons with DG SL shafts were on my short list for replacement irons.

In 2016 or so, I found an expo and got a lot of Ping shots in. Same thing a couple of months later at a demo day with few attendees. General advice was get the Ping G irons, but I wanted the i200 and actually got very good flight with them using AWT 2.0 R-flex shafts. I also hit some iBlades, but they were a bit much.

But all along the way I keep noticing iBlades and i1e irons in and out of the Ping offerings. In the area golf shops I frequent, of modern Pings the iBlade and i?(whatever) seem to be the most available.

So just where does the iBlade fit? Did it replace the S5* irons? What models in other OEM brands does it compare to?

From what I hear, a new iBlade is coming out this fall.

Posted:
What's In The Bag *...

Driver: Calla XR16 Pro 10.5° (set open) / Fuji Evolution II TS Speeder 665 R-flex 63 gr.
FWs: Tour Edge XRail 4W + 7W / GraphiteDesign G60 R-flex 60 gr.
or Calla Alpha 815, set 16° + 20° / Fuji Motore Speeder 665 R-flex 62 gr.
Hybrid: Cobra FlyZ 3H 19° + 4H 22° / Matrix VLCT Altus Lite flex 73 gr.
Irons: Tour Edge CB Pro Tungsten 4i - PW** / KBS Tour 90 R-flex 101 gr.
       4i refitted with SteelFiber 780 HLS Hybrid shaft R Flex 75 gr.
Wedge: Calla MD3 48°/8.SS + 54°/12.WS + MD.PM 60°/10  | KBS Tour R-flex 110 gr. |
Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne (face-balanced) / 34" w. Ping Pistol PP60 grip (stock)
Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag
Ball: Calla SuperHot - orange
* Either 7W or 3H left out, depending on course and season.
** Wedges: 46°and 48°are competing for bag space.

Comments

• Z4Z3RZ4Z3R Golfing Guy's Guy Cleveland, OH 114Members Posts: 114

Yes, iBlade did replace the S series irons. Before they released the blueprint, it was there least forgiving/players club.

IMO, it doesn't play terrible differently from the i series but with a bit less offset. Overall, a very good iron that I probably should be playing but I just enjoy playing muscle back blades too much.

Posted:
    Blade Day Options:
    • Taylormade P7TW
    • Callaway Apex MB RAW
    • Titleist 670
    • Titleist 690.mb 
    • Mizuno MP 29
    • Mizuno MP 33
    Need 1 more set for every day of the week!

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • ChipNRunChipNRun  1793Members Posts: 1,793

iBlade is well-designed club, but I think the i200 or i210 is about as bold as I could go with Ping irons.

Posted:
    What's In The Bag *...

Driver: Calla XR16 Pro 10.5° (set open) / Fuji Evolution II TS Speeder 665 R-flex 63 gr.
    FWs: Tour Edge XRail 4W + 7W / GraphiteDesign G60 R-flex 60 gr.
    or Calla Alpha 815, set 16° + 20° / Fuji Motore Speeder 665 R-flex 62 gr.
    Hybrid: Cobra FlyZ 3H 19° + 4H 22° / Matrix VLCT Altus Lite flex 73 gr.
    Irons: Tour Edge CB Pro Tungsten 4i - PW** / KBS Tour 90 R-flex 101 gr.
           4i refitted with SteelFiber 780 HLS Hybrid shaft R Flex 75 gr.
    Wedge: Calla MD3 48°/8.SS + 54°/12.WS + MD.PM 60°/10  | KBS Tour R-flex 110 gr. |
    Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne (face-balanced) / 34" w. Ping Pistol PP60 grip (stock)
    Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag
    Ball: Calla SuperHot - orange
    * Either 7W or 3H left out, depending on course and season.
    ** Wedges: 46°and 48°are competing for bag space.
  • agolf1agolf1  1806Members Posts: 1,806

@ChipNRun said:
    iBlade is well-designed club, but I think the i200 or i210 is about as bold as I could go with Ping irons.

I'd think these are probably very similar (the MOI numbers aren't much different). The i210 may have a slightly wider sole and more offset in the 6-iron and up. I'm not sure on the blade length. I'd want a set UW for sure, so that is one constraint on the i-Blade for me.

Posted:
    Titleist 915 D4 10.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 60 S-Flex
    Titleist 915F 16.5* & 21.0*, Diamana S+ Blue 70 S-Flex
    PING G25 5-PW (25*-44*), UW (49*), SW (54*), CFS R-Flex
    PING Zing 2 L/S (57*)
    PING Cadence TR Ketsch Putter
    Backup Lob Wedges:  PING Eye 2+ (58*) or PING Eye 2 XG (60*)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.