2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

MEMBER REVIEWS: BGT Stability Tour Putter Shafts! Read What Members Are Saying!

knudson81

wfiy5lxzbv22.png

We have 10 GolfWRX members testing out the new BGT Stability Tour putter shaft! These members are going to be putting this shaft through the paces and posting their photos and reviews here for the rest of the community. Please feel free to ask them any questions you might have and they will be more than happy to reply.

Learn more about the [breakthrough Golf Technology Stability Tour putter shaft HERE.](https://breakthroughgolftech.com/stabilitytour/ "Breakthrough Golf Technology Stability Tour putter shaft HERE.")

The testers are...

@OffTheDole

@coreyhr

@YoungJedi

@golfinbrad

@cj4501

@balladm

@Wardonation

@kmbean

@hurley999s

@wilymo

We also want to give a big THANK YOU to Breakthrough Golf Technology for putting on this testing event!

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

Big thanks to BGT and GolfWRX for the opportunity to test this shaft!

Scotty Cameron Newport 3

Original Specs: 35", 4.5* loft, 70* lie, 521g, D-8.5 sw

New Specs: 35", 4.5* loft, 70* lie, 504.5g, E-2 sw

**About Me**

I’ve been playing golf for roughly 20 years now. I’m 33 years old and play to a +2.6. Putting has always been something that I believe is the weakest part of my game. My ball striking is my strong suit and I get a pretty decent amount of good looks at birdie per round. I feel like more of those looks should go in than currently do. I have a pretty strong arc in my stroke, with substantial face rotation. I’ve experimented with more of a straight back/straight thru motion, but find myself pulling a lot of putts with that stroke. Strike isn’t always great with my putts either, and I’m hoping this Stability Shaft will help tighten up that strike pattern a bit.

Reviewing this putter shaft is going to be a bit of a challenge and different than anything I’ve ever tried to review in the past. Because in my opinion, nothing just immediately jumps out when rolling putts. There isn’t some “eureka” type moment, not yet at least. Instead, I think this will be something that has to be updated over time. As I believe the true benefit and measurable impact won’t be seen until you’ve got 10, 15, 20 rounds under your belt. When those millimeter differences in strike and face angle at impact start showing up in your overall putts-per-round.

**Looks**

BGT really knocked it out of the park with the updates to the looks of the Tour version. The slimmer look, along with being black from top to bottom, makes this shaft very pleasing at address. Pair it with a blacked out grip and all of your playing partners will be complimenting it. I’ve only played a couple of rounds with mine so far, but durability of the finish appears to be outstanding. It seems like it will hold up well to any bag wear.

**Feel**

I expected this shaft to create a very “head heavy” feel, but that’s not the case at all. It has a nice balanced feel, with the swing weight only increasing slightly. I can really feel where the head is throughout my stroke. The claims of vibration dampening are absolutely valid in my opinion. Even on extreme toe or heel strikes, there seems to be less feedback coming back up the shaft than a traditional steel shaft. This is both good and bad, depending on how much you like feeling your bad strikes and using that feedback to adjust your stroke. I personally love it, as I’ve always preferred a softer feel off the putter face. I never had the chance to roll the original Stability Shaft, so I can’t speak to how much softer the Tour version feels than the original. But there is nothing harsh or clicky about this shaft, it produces a solid, dull impact which I really like.

**Performance**

I’ve had this putter out on the course for 2 rounds so far. I’m going to update this portion as well as my conclusion once I’ve had more time with it. I also will be doing a little competition on my indoor birdie ball putting green over the next few nights in order to compare this shaft to a few other putters I currently have (including one with a KBS CT Tour shaft).

**Conclusion**

Will update

8jy8rsczyj26.jpg

idtjk4oxp24v.jpg

znipdn6k61mv.jpg

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | Ventus TR Blue 6s

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5° | Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19° | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway XR Pro 23° | Tour AD DI 95x
Maltby TS3/TS4 5-PW | Dynamic Gold S300
Cleveland RTX 6: 50° 56° 60° | KBS Tour Custom 120s Black 

L.A.B. DF 3 Counterbalance 37.5" | TPT Putter Shaft 

I am waiting on my putter as we speak. I asked BGT if they could check and my loft and lie and they said "no problem". I have entered many WRX contest before and have never won one, so I am fired up. I am 48 years old carrying a +1 handicap. The ironic thing is I was going to purchase this shaft on my own this offseason, so this perfect. I wanted to provide an update. I have not been able to do my review yet as I was in a car accident and have "whiplash" I am hopeful that I can get this done this weekend for everyone.

Previous specs...

34", 3.5 loft, 69 lie 597.5 grams C-2.5 swing weight

New specs...

34", 2 loft, 70 lie, 586.9 grams, C-9.5 swing weight

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

SCOTTY CAMERON T11 BGT POLAR SHAFT SAND BLASTED TO MATCH HEAD... FLATSO 1.0

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

Huge thanks to BGT and @knudson81 for this opportunity. First time winning a contest here, and pretty excited it was this one. I’ll update this thread once I have some thoughts together, but initial impressions with the Stability Tour shaft in my Xenon Element: love the looks and love the feel. I think I’ve got a winner here. More to come...zvjbe45kz5gi.jpeg

1c7y8dry1qnt.jpeg

lpyvkm5wb1yn.jpeg

• Like 1

Congratulations to all of the winners. This was the one I was really excited about, I’m jealous. Can’t wait to hear all of your thoughts. Are there any arm lock users out there?

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM9 54° D, 60° T, KBS TGI 95s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

Thanks WRX and BGT!

Spider X navy

Original Specs: 33.25", 5* loft, 73* lie, 551g, E-2.5 sw

New Specs: 33.5", 5* loft, 73* lie, 535.7g E-6 sw

Had a c taper x 130g for my other shaft so curious how this will stack up. I actually really enjoyed that shaft in my X. Of course it would snow so no I have to wait a few days for it to melt and courses open back up. First impression I LOVE the look of this shaft. Weight is actually lighter but I can feel the head perfectly.

LTDx 9* AD-VR6x 

Cleveland Launcher Xl Halo 15*

Rad Speed 19* Hybrid

ZX5 MKII 5-AW

CBX 2 54*

TM Big Foot 58*

Odyssey Versa 3 T

Chrome Soft X-LS

I want to say a big “Thank You” to Breakthrough Golf Technology for allowing GolfWRX users to review their new Stability Tour shaft. I also want to thank GolfWRX for selecting me. I have been on GolfWRX for over 10 years and this is the first time I was selected. Needless to say, I was very excited. Both were excellent in responding to all my questions very quickly.

**About Me:** My handicap index this season was a 2.8. I was able to play 25 to 30 rounds, which is more than I have the past several seasons. The weather in the Northeast was much more cooperative this year. Putting has always been a weaker part of my game, especially lag putting. I have tried several different putter heads, grips, styles, etc., but never thought about a shaft change. I had never heard of this shaft before this opportunity. I read the research and development behind the shaft, and it does makes sense. I am very interested in see if this helps.

**First Impression:** The shaft was installed in an Odyssey O-Works Black 2M center shafted putter. Right out the box, I loved the flat black finish. It matched the flat black head perfectly. One very distinct feature is that the shaft goes from thick to thin abruptly about 10” from the bottom. This is a big part of the technology within the shaft. I just wasn’t sure if it would be a distraction. Below are the before and after specs:

• Original Specs: 35", 4* loft, 71* lie, 515.5g, F-0.5 sw

• New Specs: 34.5", 4* loft, 71* lie, 497.8g, E-7 sw

w8ro6pikowdb.jpg

89wgrvypisz7.jpg

gyrcwd9c947k.jpg

**Practice Green Session #1:** Monday reached 60* here in PA. I had some time to spare, so I ran to the practice green to give it a try knowing that Tuesday was going to be in the low-mid 30s. First thing, I noticed was the big change in the balance of the putter. While the Stability shaft is lighter than the factory, the Stability shaft gives the putter a heavier overall feel. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, just different. My other putter is the total opposite. It is heavier than factory in the head, giving more of a pendulum from the bottom up. This is more top down. The matte black shaft and head really setup nicely and the shaft was in no way a distraction. I rolled putts for over an hour from different lengths and breaks. Stability is not only the name of the shaft, but also a very accurate description. The ball comes off feeling firmer than the original shaft, similar to the difference between a mid-torque and low torque driver shaft. I also noticed a more muted sound. I really like the firmer feel and quieter sound. I rolled several short and mid-range putts, with good results. The ball does seem to hold its line a little better. It also seemed to roll truer with minimal skidding or bouncing. The real test would be the long putts. Initially, I struggled with the longer putts coming up short. While the putts were short they were all almost the exact same distance from the hole. This isn’t normally the case. This indicated to me that I just needed to increase the length of the stroke. It took a little while, but the feel started to come around. The shaft seemed to improve my distance consistency. After the first putting session, I really like the looks of the shaft, the firmer feel and muted sound. The feel is different and will take some time to get used to. One range session is not enough to give a verdict.

**Course:** Temps are supposed to get up in the 50s next week and I am hoping to get on the course twice. I will posts more updates as I get out.

I want to give a huge Thank You to Breakthrough Golf Technology and Golfwrx for this opportunity. I don’t really enter contests on the site and to say I was astonished and pumped when Knudson81 PMd me would be an understatement. I’ve had interest in this product.

BGT was extremely kind in our exchanges and the turn around time was unbelievable.

I’m stuck in the cold in Chicago currently but am heading to Pursell Farms Sunday for a 4 day golf trip. I will post my review once I return.

My pictures are included, the putter looks stunning. I’m sure my playing partners are going to be like WHAT IS THIS?!

x4vwtk91mip6.jpeg

i3ngnwbsagu7.jpeg

Huge Shoutout to Breakthrough Golf Technology and Golfwrx for this opportunity to test this shaft. It's not every day you get to test a $250 shaft. I can't say thank you enough!

**About Me**

Have been playing golf for 28 years. Won a state title in high school, and played collegiately, setting a couple school records and won a couple of tournaments, DIII albeit. Currently scratch, trying to maintain with 2 kids and building a house. My short game is the strongest part of my game. I'm not the best long iron player, but when I miss greens, I can get up and down from almost anywhere. I heavily rely on the putter. I'd consider myself to have an "Inside, Down the line" stroke. I've been looking for "The Putter" for about 4 years, and have really loved my Bettinardi BB0, but have been wondering about the Stability shaft for quite a while, as I struggle with distance control on longer putts, as well as face angle on said putts due to worrying about distance control.

As other testers have noted, I believe the true benefit and measurable impact won’t be seen until you’ve got some rounds under your belt, and can really see the distance control measured over a period of time and a series of putts, rather than short term anecdotal experience.

**Specs**

Original Specs: 33 1/8", 3.5* loft, 69* lie, 529g, C-6.5 sw

New Specs: 33 1/8", 3.5* loft, 69* lie, 518g, C-9 sw

**Looks**

BGT KILLED IT with the looks of the Tour version. I definitely had my reservations about the **_old_** shaft. The fat body and bold baby blue color was a little much for me. The new slimmer look, along with being black from top to bottom, makes this shaft tick all the boxes for me. Paired with a grip master "Roo" midsize black grip (pending install)...I can't imagine this looking any better.

**Feel**

I didn't really have any presuppositions about the shaft. I heard it was going to be very "stiff" (at least the old shaft), but didn't know how it was going to affect the swing weight, overall weight, or anything really. It has a very well balanced feel. I can really feel where the head is throughout my stroke. A total difference from a "standard shaft." A normal shaft, I've always felt my head to be a little "wobbly" and never really that confident. The stability shaft does exactly what it says. It's provided massive STABILITY, and it's very noticeable...in a good way! I feel the head more, and I can almost see the putter head coming through holding the face angle better, rather than rotating viscously. I know that sounds crazy...but the best way I can put it is when you get off some sort of training aid, and your stroke just feels "right" ...but only temporarily? The stroke with the new stability tour shaft felt "right" all the time!!

**Performance**

While it's now winter in Minnesota, that doesn't stop me from putting nonstop indoors on my indoor putting green. I have some drills I like to do, especially with the Puttout Pressure trainer. My putter with the standard steel shaft often missed inside right (being a lefty). That's definitely my trend on the course, a slight pull due to a closed face. My first 3 putts with the stability tour..."Perfect Putt" holed in the small hole of the Puttout aid from 6 feet. For those with this aid, you can attest, 6 footers are not easy to make a perfect putt, let alone 3 in a row. I rolled about 50 putts with this tonight, and I honestly couldn't be more impressed. I feel like I'm putting with a training aid the whole time, but it's a perfectly legal shaft! So many putts rolling right over the dead center of the cup, rather than inside right edge.

**Conclusion**

From a first impression standpoint, I'm a total believer. All my chips are in.

Time will tell as I collect data putting next season and compare to last year, however if I had to give an itinal review, I'd recommend this shaft to anyone, 10/10!

rlxtcek3ilnb.jpg

ltazhk73e9j6.jpg

4pobtp69qt6c.jpg

> @kmbean said:

> I want to give a huge Thank You to Breakthrough Golf Technology and Golfwrx for this opportunity. I don’t really enter contests on the site and to say I was astonished and pumped when Knudson81 PMd me would be an understatement. I’ve had interest in this product.

>

> BGT was extremely kind in our exchanges and the turn around time was unbelievable.

>

> I’m stuck in the cold in Chicago currently but am heading to Pursell Farms Sunday for a 4 day golf trip. I will post my review once I return.

>

> My pictures are included, the putter looks stunning. I’m sure my playing partners are going to be like WHAT IS THIS?!

>

Getting down to my neck of the woods. Pretty cold down here right now as well, but looks like you're timing the warm up just right. You'll love FarmLinks, such a fun course.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | Ventus TR Blue 6s

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5° | Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19° | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway XR Pro 23° | Tour AD DI 95x
Maltby TS3/TS4 5-PW | Dynamic Gold S300
Cleveland RTX 6: 50° 56° 60° | KBS Tour Custom 120s Black 

L.A.B. DF 3 Counterbalance 37.5" | TPT Putter Shaft 

More practice in this morning. It's honestly amazing how the swing weight change and the Stability (yes pun intended) of the shaft allows my face to stay so much more square through the stroked. It's giving me a much better feel off the face. More solid per say, and I couldn't be happier.

Anyone on the fence about this....pull the trigger. It's fantastic!!

$250 for a putter shaft seems so crazy to me.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> $250 for a putter shaft seems so crazy to me.

Just wondering, did they bump it an extra $50 for the Tour version? I think the original was around $200

Also did any of the testers selected here owned the original Stability? Like to hear any differences in performance

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Cobra Forged Tec X 5 - PW KBS TGI 85 stiff shafts
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48* & Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

> @SwingBlues said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > $250 for a putter shaft seems so crazy to me.

>

> Just wondering, did they bump it an extra $50 for the Tour version? I think the original was around $200

>

> Also did any of the testers selected here owned the original Stability? Like to hear any differences in performance

If you go to there website it is more expensive for the tour. I have watched and read all the test I can on this thing and it seems to me that it is not really better in terms of made putts. Maybe there is a slight statistical improvement in data. I just do not believe (yet) it translates into made putts and better scores. You still have to read break, and speed etc.

It looks cool though and will definitely add some swag appeal to your bag.

I should also add that with putting if you think it helps, It probably does. There is no way to quantify that.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @SwingBlues said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > $250 for a putter shaft seems so crazy to me.

> >

> > Just wondering, did they bump it an extra $50 for the Tour version? I think the original was around $200

> >

> > Also did any of the testers selected here owned the original Stability? Like to hear any differences in performance

>

> If you go to there website it is more expensive for the tour. I have watched and read all the test I can on this thing and it seems to me that it is not really better in terms of made putts. Maybe there is a slight statistical improvement in data. I just do not believe (yet) it translates into made putts and better scores. You still have to read break, and speed etc.

>

> It looks cool though and will definitely add some swag appeal to your bag.

I got the original Stability. And It definitely looks way cool. But cool doesn't buy you putts. But I am not into looks, just what works like my Directed Force putter (which does not get any aesthetic luv here). In my experience, having owned the original Stability for a year now, it does not give any advantage in the short putts..

However, where it shines is the longer putts where speed & accuracy is a premium. I told my putter builder, Bill Presse IV that and he agrees. I think at the end of the day, you are buying percentage improvements with Stability. You are right, you need to read the break and speed etc and thats where my DF lie balance and a super stable shaft like Stability I can just focus on those 2 aspects and not have a putter that will undermine my stroke. If something happens to my putter, I will get another replacement exactly the same with the original Stability shaft.

My interest in this thread is to learn if the Tour is any better than the original other than aesthetics so it would have been good to have someone who owned the original and the new, do a comparison.

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft

> @YoungJedi said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

>

> And 1/2° seems crazy to me too, but if something can give you a competitive advantage, cost is relative in terms of what it actually saves or earns you.

>

> my0oyo5x2m8p.jpeg

>

Very true. If those numbers are correct.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @YoungJedi said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

>

> And 1/2° seems crazy to me too, but if something can give you a competitive advantage, cost is relative in terms of what it actually saves or earns you.

>

> my0oyo5x2m8p.jpeg

>

So if I'm interpreting this right... basically having your ball start just 1* off line would mean that for a flat putt, it's literally impossible to make anything over 11.5ft? That's pretty crazy. What would really help visualize this is there was a matching chart that showed strike location on a putter face and the corresponding degrees off line it goes. Even better would be 3rd party data showing how or if stab shaft would reduce that number so you can possibly hole longer putts.

> @SwingBlues said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

>

> Just wondering, did they bump it an extra $50 for the Tour version? I think the original was around $200

>

> Also did any of the testers selected here owned the original Stability? Like to hear any differences in performance

I have the original stability in my “second” bag - at the vacation house. For me, the Tour is an improvement in feel over the original. I was fine with the looks of the original, but with the Tour, it gives a more lively, connected sensation at contact.

I played 9 over the weekend and another day on the practice green, so I’m still working on my detailed write-up, but where it really shines is distance control. Like others said, it will take some time to build up enough data to determine improvement in putts made, but with an N of 1 so far, I’ve made an improvement. Casting that aside for the time being, the feel is fantastic and so far everything is positive for me.

• Like 1

**Background**

I’ve been at this game for roughly 29 years and in that time many putters have been purchased, drills practiced, SAM PuttLab and TrackMan numbers generated, and lessons taken. At the next revision, my handicap will be a 1.6.

A nearly terminal case of the yips pushed me from left-hand low to the claw grip almost a decade ago. The switch kept me from giving up the game and effectively made me an average-to-below-average putter from inside ten feet. Longer putts continued to be a challenge due to a tendency to add a bit of hit to my stroke.

It’s only been in the last few months that I could I say I started to feel some confidence in my putter thanks to the combination of a great lesson with a former US Amateur champion and finding a putter that fit my stroke.

That is why I am so pleased to have the opportunity to experiment with the BGT Stability Tour putter shaft.

**The process**

Sending off my putter, an Odyssey Toulon Atlanta, and getting it back was simple and easy. The team at BGT communicated with me throughout the process and sent over the specs when the putter was back on its way:

Original Specs: 38" (held down the grip to 35"), 3* loft, 70* lie, 588.0g, N/A sw

New Specs: 35", 3* loft, 70* lie, 566.6g, G-2.25 sw

**Initial impression**

Having seen the original BGT shaft in person before, I was pleasantly surprised with the thinner profile in the Tour shaft.

spuis0oab78y.jpg

The blacked-out look is sleek and paired nicely with the putter head.

03dlilu2n76k.jpg

mu1meb8lyn7t.jpg

lu6nn06z88vg.jpg

**On-course results: First round**

My first round with the BGT Tour shaft left me scratching my head.

In short, I had a pretty disastrous putting day playing at a course with Bermuda greens that were starting to go dormant, Stimping out at about 8.5 – 9.5. This particular course’s greens hadn’t posed a major challenge the times I’d played there and my reads seemed to be fine; I just couldn’t get the ball to start on the line I picked.

Mid-round I slowed down my whole process, making sure my ball position and setup was consistent with what it had been before, and still struggled to get positive results.

From a feel perspective, the shaft’s properties were generally pleasant, with kind of a solid-yet-dampened feedback effect on longer putts.

**Back to the drawing board**

Today I stopped by Club Champion to show the BGT Tour shaft to a club fitter friend of mine and as he held the putter his trained eyes discovered something was amiss.

Sure enough, the loft of the putter was 4.75 degrees (expecting 3) and the lie angle was 71.5 (expecting 70).

100i6nvtdzpb.jpg

A quick bend put it back to the 3 degrees I was expecting, and I headed out to the course for another round.

**On-course results: Second round**

Today’s round was at a private course with brand new greens and a member-guest tournament starting Friday. Strange rolls and bounces happen with greens so hard and new, so I wasn’t as results-oriented this time. I was just trying to see if the putter worked better now that it was on spec.

Speed control was pretty good and effortless, leading to a decent number of tap-ins from long range. There’s still a different feel for the shorter putts, probably due to the change in weight and increased stiffness in the shaft.

While round two with the BGT Tour shaft saw marginal improvement (thanks to a specs check), I am still uncertain about whether it’s enough of a difference to justify the cost and learning process.

> @Z1ggy16 said:

> > @YoungJedi said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> >

> > And 1/2° seems crazy to me too, but if something can give you a competitive advantage, cost is relative in terms of what it actually saves or earns you.

> >

> > my0oyo5x2m8p.jpeg

> >

>

> So if I'm interpreting this right... basically having your ball start just 1* off line would mean that for a flat putt, it's literally impossible to make anything over 11.5ft? That's pretty crazy. What would really help visualize this is there was a matching chart that showed strike location on a putter face and the corresponding degrees off line it goes. Even better would be 3rd party data showing how or if stab shaft would reduce that number so you can possibly hole longer putts.

>

1° offline you can actually only make a 9’8” putt.

1.5°; you can only make 6’6”

Basically get your putter to +/- .5° and you are golden. And I think the stability only helps that.

> @hurley999s said:

> > @SwingBlues said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> >

> > Just wondering, did they bump it an extra $50 for the Tour version? I think the original was around $200

> >

> > Also did any of the testers selected here owned the original Stability? Like to hear any differences in performance

>

> I have the original stability in my “second” bag - at the vacation house. For me, the Tour is an improvement in feel over the original. I was fine with the looks of the original, but with the Tour, it gives a more lively, connected sensation at contact.

>

> I played 9 over the weekend and another day on the practice green, so I’m still working on my detailed write-up, but where it really shines is distance control. Like others said, it will take some time to build up enough data to determine improvement in putts made, but with an N of 1 so far, I’ve made an improvement. Casting that aside for the time being, the feel is fantastic and so far everything is positive for me.

Thanks for the feedback, looking forward to your details. Any chance for a side by side between the original and Tour?

First of all, I am very thankful for the opportunity to review the BGT Stability Tour Shaft. My handicap is currently a 1.0 but was as low as a +2.2 last year. Unfortunately, work has taken priorities as of late and golf is limited to 1x per week. Ball striking and accuracy has always been my strong suit and short game has tended to be the weakest link of my game. That is not to say I have a poor short game, it is just the part that could be improved upon the most.

I had the Breakthrough Golf Technology Stability Tour Shaft put on my Scotty Cameron T22 Newport putter. I will say that I love the way this putter looks and feels and I was hesitant about sending the putter in to have anything changed on it. The only thing I didn’t care for was the weight of the putter as I thought it felt too heavy, especially on super fast greens. Additionally, I have always been a huge skeptic about this putter shaft from the view that it is just a putter shaft and I’m not certain any tangible benefits can come from spending $200+ on a putter shaft.

VISUALS

The shaft came in and it looks amazing! It has a great all black look and I cannot even tell that one part is thicker than usual when addressing the ball. I actually like the look of this shaft with the black putter head more than the original. They did a great job with the aesthetics of this shaft!

425pogb8s2bu.jpg

1gxar3rverze.jpg

FEEL

This is a tricky area to explain to people. So, as the name says the most prominent thing you will notice about this shaft is it feels extremely stable and even stiff. The part where this came into play the most that I noticed was on off-center strikes. I hit putts off the center, toe, and heel sides on purpose to see the results. If you do this with a normal putter, you will notice significant distance loss on heel and toe strikes leading to very poor distance control from any real length. However, this shaft definitely mitigates the loss of distance on poor strikes. In fact, I felt like center and toe strike traveled the same distance and it seemed that heel strikes may have traveled further? This will take some additional testing but that was the conclusion I came to after day 1. (Also, it was a bit cold for us in Augusta this time of year.)

I very much liked the feel of my SC T22 with the normal shaft. It had a feeling of softness and specific sound to which I had grown accustomed. The stability tour shaft definitely changed the feel and sound. Also, the stability tour shaft mitigated vibration and feedback. That initial feedback you generally get with a putter head was decreased by a lot. The sound was slightly different as well, which is what equated to feel in most cases, so that makes sense. I may grow to like the feel and sound of this shaft over time but as of this moment, I am not sure. Additionally, the weight of the putter is different than before. It is certainly feels lighter than it was before but in my case, that is a good thing as I thought it was too heavy with the normal shaft. I cannot be certain if the weight actually changed, only feel.

RESULTS

At this time, I only have 1 round with the new BGT stability tour shaft. I did not putt particularly good or bad today but I did notice that mishits are no longer a concern on longer putts. My lag putting seemed pretty normal and I hit a lot of good putts from 8-20 feet, I just misread most of them. I will put together more time over the coming weeks and if the rain stops tomorrow, Ill try to get to the practice green for an hour and get some work in.

OVERALL IMPRESSION

The price tag is a bit hefty but these are targeting a specific market and golf is generally an expensive sport anyways. Driver shafts average $350+ now so this shaft is in line with other high end golf products in the market. Honestly, I haven’t even thought about buying one of these shafts but I am definitely happy to have been chosen for this review. I am definitely keeping the shaft in my putter for the winter and giving it a real chance as I don’t think it can cost me any strokes. Overall, I think the BGT Stability Tour shaft could be monumental for any golfer that has trouble with consistency and striking the center of the putter face. Also, if you play competitive golf at an amateur level I think this shaft could possibly save you a stroke or 2 per round, especially for 15+ handicappers. It definitely wont cost you any strokes and I have spent $200 in worst ways than a golf shaft.

v9eavq7tj657.jpg

7ipaqjdxkght.jpg

If you have any questions or requests, don't hesitate to ask.

> @SwingBlues said:

> > @hurley999s said:

> > > @SwingBlues said:

> > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > $250 for a putter shaft seems so crazy to me.

> > >

> > > Just wondering, did they bump it an extra $50 for the Tour version? I think the original was around $200

> > >

> > > Also did any of the testers selected here owned the original Stability? Like to hear any differences in performance

> >

> > I have the original stability in my “second” bag - at the vacation house. For me, the Tour is an improvement in feel over the original. I was fine with the looks of the original, but with the Tour, it gives a more lively, connected sensation at contact.

> >

> > I played 9 over the weekend and another day on the practice green, so I’m still working on my detailed write-up, but where it really shines is distance control. Like others said, it will take some time to build up enough data to determine improvement in putts made, but with an N of 1 so far, I’ve made an improvement. Casting that aside for the time being, the feel is fantastic and so far everything is positive for me.

>

> Thanks for the feedback, looking forward to your details. Any chance for a side by side between the original and Tour?

The standard one is 2 hours away and I won’t be there until after Thanksgiving, but that said if I remember to bring my Tour with me, I’ll snap some side by sides. The Tour is basically the same size as a regular shaft. I’ll try to get side by sides with my old FST stepless tomorrow.

• Like 1

> @OffTheDole said:

> **Back to the drawing board**

>

> Today I stopped by Club Champion to show the BGT Tour shaft to a club fitter friend of mine and as he held the putter his trained eyes discovered something was amiss.

>

> Sure enough, the loft of the putter was 4.75 degrees (expecting 3) and the lie angle was 71.5 (expecting 70).

>

> 100i6nvtdzpb.jpg

>

> A quick bend put it back to the 3 degrees I was expecting, and I headed out to the course for another round.

**An update**

Certain things have come to light.

I was informed that because the tapered connector on the shaft was in contact with the Mitchell gauge, the reading can be off for putters like mine with a slant-neck.

This situation now leads me to wonder if a putter with the BGT Tour shaft need less loft or should I change my ball position to account for the stiffer profile? :o

> @OffTheDole said:

> > @OffTheDole said:

> > **Back to the drawing board**

> >

> > Today I stopped by Club Champion to show the BGT Tour shaft to a club fitter friend of mine and as he held the putter his trained eyes discovered something was amiss.

> >

> > Sure enough, the loft of the putter was 4.75 degrees (expecting 3) and the lie angle was 71.5 (expecting 70).

> >

> > 100i6nvtdzpb.jpg

> >

> > A quick bend put it back to the 3 degrees I was expecting, and I headed out to the course for another round.

>

> **An update**

>

> Certain things have come to light.

>

> I was informed that because the tapered connector on the shaft was in contact with the Mitchell gauge, the reading can be off for putters like mine with a slant-neck.

>

> This situation now leads me to wonder if a putter with the BGT Tour shaft need less loft or should I change my ball position to account for the stiffer profile? :o

>

That’s very interesting because when they did my install and measured the specs, my putter read -1.5*...yes, negative loft! I didn’t have issues rolling it before and don’t now, so not really sure what to make of it. Because there’s no issues at this point I’m leaning towards leaving it alone.