We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.

Comparison of Current Blades

CardsChamps11 ·  
CardsChamps11CardsChamps11  591Members Posts: 591

I recently went and got fit for some irons. I hit a bunch of different blades with the same shaft so it allowed me to really compare heads. Below are my findings. Keep in mind, other than the data points, everything else is my personal preference which may be completely different from yours. Feel and look are obviously really subjective. I currently play to a +1 handicap and these were all 6 iron shots.

All stats are averages

PXG 0311t (Gamer)
Loft: 28*
Ball Speed: 134.3
Carry: 201.6
Dispersion (STD Dev): 5.4
Spin: 4933
Height: 115
Decent: 48.7
Feel: I actually like the feel of the PXG irons. It has a bit of a firmer feel but it definitely feels like it comes off hot. Which may be why I struggle with consistent distances.
Looks: These look like a standard CB irons but with a blade like finish. I like the screws on the back. Make it look mean and tough :smiley:

PXG 0311t Gen 2
Loft: 28
Ball Speed: 138.5
Carry: 207.9
Dispersion: 4.6
Spin: 5013
Height: 119
Decent: 49.3
Feel: Kaboom Baby! These feel like rocket launchers. Everything feels insanely hot and obviously shows in the distance. Similar overall feel to Gen 1, maybe a touch softer.
Looks: They look the same to me as the Gen 1.

Honma Rose Proto
Loft: 30
Ball Speed: 136.2
Carry: 198.5
Dispersion: 3.7
Spin: 5634
Height: 128
Decent: 52.4
Feel: Love the feel of these. They are responsive and I feel like I can do anything with them. I wouldn't say "butter" soft but I honestly want my irons to be a touch responsive
Looks: I think these look pretty cool. They are obviously not a traditional look but still very good looking.

Titleist 620 MB
Loft: 31
Ball Speed: 134.4
Carry: 193.5
Dispersion: 7.0
Spin: 5953
Height: 129
Decent: 52.4
Feel: Overall not my favorite. They were less forgiving than most of the other irons and just could never get that feel I like. Feel good when struck perfectly but even a slight miss is pretty penalizing. They're blades so it's to be expected.
Looks: Such a classic look. Maybe my favorite of all the irons. So clean and basic. They didn't overdo it with nonsense.

Taylormade P7TW
Ball Speed: 134.5
Carry: 197.3
Dispersion: 6.3
Spin: 5431
Decent: 52.0
Feel: Best feeling iron of the bunch. Gives you that pure feeling when you strike it. I felt like I knew exactly what the ball was doing when I hit it. Taylormade knocked this one out of the park. However, not very forgiving. Much like the Titleist, you have to be so precise.
Looks: Also has a really classic look. Feels like there's no offset which I like.

Ping Blueprint
Loft: 30.5
Ball Speed: 133.8
Carry: 193
Dispersion: 4.9
Spin: 5803
Height: 132
Decent: 53
Feel: Shockingly these felt great. Didn't know what to expect from a Ping blade but they were really good. I felt that I could work the ball both ways pretty easily.
Looks: I think they are pretty good looking. Not your traditional look but definitely a traditional "Ping" look. Nice and thin top line too.

Taylormade P730
Ball Speed: 129.1
Carry: 184.2
Dispersion: 5.0
Spin: 5930
Decent: 52.3
Feel: Hit these terribly. Numbers are screwed because I went on a hunt for the sweet spot and never really found it. Maybe I was getting tired or they're just not very forgiving but I didn't agree with these.
Looks: Longer heel to toe. Not my preference and obviously couldn't get comfortable with it.

Mizuno MP20 MB
Carry: 195.5
Dispersion: 5.3
Spin: 6107
Height: 124
Decent: 51.4
Feel: Numbers were all pretty good but these didn't wow me. I was most excited to hit these because of how amazing the feel was supposed to be but they just were not my cup of tea. Past Mizunos are definitely "softer" feeling to me.
Looks: Pure as it gets. So classy and understated. Nice thin top line. Definitely inspires confidence.

Miura MC 501
Ball Speed: 135.6
Carry: 201.9
Dispersion: 3.4
Spin: 5112
Height: 123
Decent: 50.3
Feel: These are Miuras... Do I need to say more? They felt great. Loved how pure it felt striking them. More forgiving than I thought.
Looks: At first I thought they were a bit box-ish looking but then I realized it looks like there's a bunch of offset. Not sure if that's the case but I did not like the way they looked. I prefer my blades to have as little of offset as possible.

Apex MB
Ball Speed: 136.7
Carry: 205.3
Dispersion: 9.3
Spin: 4961
Height: 123
Decent: 50
Feel: These shocked me. They felt awesome. One of my favorites. Just a nice soft and smooth feeling. When you hit them, you feel like you're pounding them.
Looks: Classic look. Not a major Callaway fan overall but I loved what they did here. Super nice.

My Takeaways:
Favorite Iron: Honma (Surprise!)
Best Looking: Titleist 620
Best Feel: P7TW
Most Forgiving: PXG 0311t
Least Forgiving: Titleist 620 or P7TW

Ranking of all Irons:
Honma
P7TW
Apex MB
Blueprint
MP20 MB
0311t
MC 501
620 MB
P730

Posted:
Post edited by CardsChamps11 on

Comments

• LowAndLeft32LowAndLeft32  200Members Posts: 200

Great overview. Thanks for sharing.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • AdamStoutjesdykAdamStoutjesdyk Venice FL 53Members Posts: 53

Well done! I've been gaming the Mp20's but ive been very intrigued by the Honma's, ill have to give them a whirl

Posted:

Taylormade M1 ‘17 460 8.5 Tour AD GP 6x “Tourspec Edition”
    Taylormade M3 set at 13* UST Mamiya V2 86x
    Nike VR Pro LTD Edition 18* Diamana 103x
    or
    Mizuno MP18 FLIHI 2 Hzrdus Black 105 6.5
    Mizuno MP 20 3-Pw Dynamic Gold S400
    Mizuno T20 54 Dynamic Gold S400
    Callaway PM Grind 2019 60 $taper 130s
    Scotty Cameron Kombi S BGT Stability Shaft 33.5"
    Volvik S4 Pink

• Buckets2Buckets2  2561Members Posts: 2,561

Bummer Srixon ZForged wasn't in the test. Would also be interested to hear if others who have hit MP20 feel the same about the 'feel'.

Posted:
  • sphna12dsphna12d  537Members Posts: 537

Any reason why everyone seems to skip Wilson Staff when making these tests? Personally, I think the Wilson Staff model blades are gorgeous.

Posted:

On -, @sphna12d said:

Any reason why everyone seems to skip Wilson Staff when making these tests? Personally, I think the Wilson Staff model blades are gorgeous.

Agreed! May be the best looking

Posted:
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16  8301Members Posts: 8,301

Nice write up, thanks. I have only hit the MP20's and I agree they aren't as soft as the older offerings. I feel like though somehow, they are a lot more forgiving than those old offerings. The Blue Prints have me intrigued because of the hydropearl finish and I'm already a pretty big fan of the Glides.

Posted:
    D - Epic SZ | HZRDUS Smoke Black
    4w - '16 Tour Issue M1 | Diamana B Series
    3h - '17 Tour Issue M1 | Accra TZ6
    Irons - MP-20 SEL 4-PW | Modus 120
    GW - T20 50/7 | Modus 120
    SW - T20 54/8 | Modus 120
    LW - T20 58/12 | Modus 120
    P - Bettinardi 360-M
    Ball - Bridgestone BXS

Advertisement
  • swing thoughtsswing thoughts  271Members Posts: 271

nice observations. I have the 730s and agree that they are a terribly finicky club. I would say these are for only the best players, the ones who can figure out the perfect place on the face to maximize distance and trajectory, and then consistently deliver contact to that precise spot (def. not me but I play them anyway). I have stretches where I can and then can't find the sweet spot. Even when I find it, the 7 iron only goes about 165 for me, as opposed to 172 with my mp18 mb and 175-80 with my 919 tours. When I miss the sweet spot even a little, it goes down to 150, and a miss hit off the toe or heel is 125 if I'm lucky. But for some reason, I love them and can't get rid of them. I think I'm still trying to hit the 7 iron 200 yards just one time, you know, like Rory. I'm guessing it isn't going to ever happen.

Posted:
    Ping G SL Tec 9* XS
    Callaway XR 15* R

Cobra Bio Cell Fairway 18.5 S
    Titleist 816 H1 21* S
    Nike Vapor Pro 4-9 S <or> Mizuno MP 69 4-9

Vokey SM6[background=transparent] 48* 10 S[/background]
    [background=transparent]Taylormade Tour Preferred EF 52* 10 S[/background]
    Taylormade Tour Preferred EF 58* ATV S

Odyssey Versa #7 35"
    Taylormade Daddy Long Legs 38"
    [background=transparent]Scotty Futura X5 38"[/background]
    [background=transparent]Callaway Bobby Jones blade 35"[/background]

On -, @Z1ggy16 said:

Nice write up, thanks. I have only hit the MP20's and I agree they aren't as soft as the older offerings. I feel like though somehow, they are a lot more forgiving than those old offerings. The Blue Prints have me intrigued because of the hydropearl finish and I'm already a pretty big fan of the Glides.

When you reference older offerings, what do you mean?

Posted:
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16  8301Members Posts: 8,301

On -, @Buckets2 said:

On -, @Z1ggy16 said:

When you reference older offerings, what do you mean?

Irons like MP53/54. I know those are not MB's but they are fairly compact and in the same ball park. May not be considered old per se, but when Mizuno added boron into things... I wasn't really too thrilled with how that felt. In terms for forgiveness...again, the 54's were years ago for me but I don't feel like missing the sweet spot on the 20's result in some catastrophic outcome relative to how the 54's performed, or even my last gamers, P770s.

Posted:
    D - Epic SZ | HZRDUS Smoke Black
    4w - '16 Tour Issue M1 | Diamana B Series
    3h - '17 Tour Issue M1 | Accra TZ6
    Irons - MP-20 SEL 4-PW | Modus 120
    GW - T20 50/7 | Modus 120
    SW - T20 54/8 | Modus 120
    LW - T20 58/12 | Modus 120
    P - Bettinardi 360-M
    Ball - Bridgestone BXS

• aenematedaenemated Los Angeles, CA 416Members Posts: 416

Nice writeup!

The Miuras were the only thing on my radar till I hit the Mizuno MMCs. Can't believe someone didn't like them. ;)

Posted:

Titleist TS4 9.5°
    Titleist TS2 15°, 19°
    Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-7
    Mizuno MP-20 MB 8-PW
    Miura 52° TG, 56° KG
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X 8
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

• TIM929TIM929 Los Angeles 1156Members Posts: 1,156

thanks for sharing, fun read!

0311st are some awesome heads on your next trip.

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 10.5* Driver                  HZRDUS SMOKE 6.0       Tour Velvet std 
    Titleist TS2 15*    3 Wood               HZRDUS SMOKE 6.0       Tour Velvet std  
    Titleist TS3 19*    Hybrid                 HZRDUS SMOKE 6.0       Tour Velvet std 
    Titleist 716 TMB  4-P                      DG S300                          Tour Velvet Align 2 wraps  
    Titleist SM7 52.12F (bent to 49.09)DG S400                           Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SM7 56.10S                         DG S400                          Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SM7 60.12D                        DG S400                           Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SC California Fastback         33" loft 6.5                       SS CounterCore Pistol GT  
    Titleist PROV1                                 ball
    Kirkland sig                                     glove 

WITB:
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1729394-timbo929-witb/

Advertisement
  • herbert7890herbert7890 San Antonio 195Members Posts: 195

On -, @Buckets2 said:

Bummer Srixon ZForged wasn't in the test. Would also be interested to hear if others who have hit MP20 feel the same about the 'feel'.

Definitely not the typical feel response from most players, quite the opposite (again not bashing him, feel is very personal). In my case, I haven't hit a better feeling club than the MP-20s. Agree with him the Titleist feel harsh on most strikes compared to most irons.

Posted:

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 9* (set at 8 Degrees)
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15* (set at 14 degrees)
    Mizuno MP-20 SELs Irons 3-PW with PX LZ 6.0
    Callaway MD5 50 Degree Wedge
    Cleveland RTX4 56 and 60 Wedges
    Scotty Cameron Select 2016 Newport 2

• balls_deepballs_deep Wanna earn 14 bucks the hard way? 1744Members Posts: 1,744

On -, @CardsChamps11 said:

I recently went and got fit for some irons. I hit a bunch of different blades with the same shaft so it allowed me to really compare heads. Below are my findings. Keep in mind, other than the data points, everything else is my personal preference which may be completely different from yours. Feel and look are obviously really subjective. I currently play to a +1 handicap and these were all 6 iron shots.

All stats are averages

PXG 0311t (Gamer)
    Loft: 28*
    Ball Speed: 134.3
    Carry: 201.6
    Dispersion (STD Dev): 5.4
    Feel: I actually like the feel of the PXG irons. It has a bit of a firmer feel but it definitely feels like it comes off hot. Which may be why I struggle with consistent distances.
    Looks: These look like a standard CB irons but with a blade like finish. I like the screws on the back. Make it look mean and tough :smiley:

PXG 0311t Gen 2
    Loft: 28
    Ball Speed: 138.5
    Carry: 207.9
    Dispersion: 4.6
    Feel: Kaboom Baby! These feel like rocket launchers. Everything feels insanely hot and obviously shows in the distance. Similar overall feel to Gen 1, maybe a touch softer.
    Looks: They look the same to me as the Gen 1.

Honma Rose Proto
    Carry: 198.5
    Dispersion: 3.7
    Feel: Love the feel of these. They are responsive and I feel like I can do anything with them. I wouldn't say "butter" soft but I honestly want my irons to be a touch responsive
    Looks: I think these look pretty cool. They are obviously not a traditional look but still very good looking.

Titleist 620 MB
    Ball Speed: 134.4
    Carry: 193.5
    Dispersion: 7.0
    Feel: Overall not my favorite. They were less forgiving than most of the other irons and just could never get that feel I like. Feel good when struck perfectly but even a slight miss is pretty penalizing. They're blades so it's to be expected.
    Looks: Such a classic look. Maybe my favorite of all the irons. So clean and basic. They didn't overdo it with nonsense.

Taylormade P7TW
    Ball Speed: 134.5
    Carry: 197.3
    Dispersion: 6.3
    Feel: Best feeling iron of the bunch. Gives you that pure feeling when you strike it. I felt like I knew exactly what the ball was doing when I hit it. Taylormade knocked this one out of the park. However, not very forgiving. Much like the Titleist, you have to be so precise.
    Looks: Also has a really classic look. Feels like there's no offset which I like.

Ping Blueprint
    Loft: 30.5
    Ball Speed: 133.8
    Carry: 193
    Dispersion: 4.9
    Feel: Shockingly these felt great. Didn't know what to expect from a Ping blade but they were really good. I felt that I could work the ball both ways pretty easily.
    Looks: I think they are pretty good looking. Not your traditional look but definitely a traditional "Ping" look. Nice and thin top line too.

Taylormade P730
    Ball Speed: 129.1
    Carry: 184.2
    Dispersion: 5.0
    Feel: Hit these terribly. Numbers are screwed because I went on a hunt for the sweet spot and never really found it. Maybe I was getting tired or they're just not very forgiving but I didn't agree with these.
    Looks: Longer heel to toe. Not my preference and obviously couldn't get comfortable with it.

Mizuno MP20 MB
    Carry: 195.5
    Dispersion: 5.3
    Feel: Numbers were all pretty good but these didn't wow me. I was most excited to hit these because of how amazing the feel was supposed to be but they just were not my cup of tea. Past Mizunos are definitely "softer" feeling to me.
    Looks: Pure as it gets. So classy and understated. Nice thin top line. Definitely inspires confidence.

Miura MC 501
    Ball Speed: 135.6
    Carry: 201.9
    Dispersion: 3.4
    Feel: These are Miuras... Do I need to say more? They felt great. Loved how pure it felt striking them. More forgiving than I thought.
    Looks: At first I thought they were a bit box-ish looking but then I realized it looks like there's a bunch of offset. Not sure if that's the case but I did not like the way they looked. I prefer my blades to have as little of offset as possible.

Apex MB
    Ball Speed: 136.7
    Carry: 205.3
    Dispersion: 9.3
    Feel: These shocked me. They felt awesome. One of my favorites. Just a nice soft and smooth feeling. When you hit them, you feel like you're pounding them.
    Looks: Classic look. Not a major Callaway fan overall but I loved what they did here. Super nice.

My Takeaways:
    Favorite Iron: Honma (Surprise!)
    Best Looking: Titleist 620
    Best Feel: P7TW
    Most Forgiving: PXG 0311t
    Least Forgiving: Titleist 620 or P7TW

Ranking of all Irons:
    Honma
    P7TW
    Apex MB
    Blueprint
    MP20 MB
    0311t
    MC 501
    620 MB
    P730

Big numbers. Do you happen to know the shafts used, spin numbers, height, and descent for the clubs? Quite interested as we are similar but you’re slightly quicker than I am.

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 8.5° Project X Evenflow White 6.5x 62g
    Titleist 917F2 15.75°  Project X HZRDUS Handcrafted Black 6.0 75g
    Titleist 818 H1 19° Project X HZRDUS Handcrafted Black 6.0 85g
    Titleist 718 T-MB 4i Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
    Mizuno MP-20 MB 5i-PW Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
    Vokey SM7 50F 56M 60M Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M 35"/Bettinardi Kuchar 1 Armlock
    Pro V1x/TP5x/Tour BXS/MTB-X
    Currently - 5.1

• CardsChamps11CardsChamps11  591Members Posts: 591

On -, @balls_deep said:

Big numbers. Do you happen to know the shafts used, spin numbers, height, and descent for the clubs? Quite interested as we are similar but you’re slightly quicker than I am.

Added them to original post above for you

Posted:

what's your normal 6i ss? 102-103?

Posted:
  • balls_deepballs_deep Wanna earn 14 bucks the hard way? 1744Members Posts: 1,744

On -, @balls_deep said:

Champion. What shaft though? I'd be interested to hear from a fitter on here what their thoughts are. Much like Matt from TXG I would guess that it is probably not optimal for you to be spinning the ball at or over the number on the club given how high you hit it. You're stopping the ball anyways because of the descent angle, so all spin does it make it harder to play in the wind and drop your distances. I'm the same aside from a bit slower (7 iron is 175 carry for me, 124 ball speed, 130 ft apex, 52 descent etc). I'd guess your launch numbers are pretty high? I used to strive for a high spin number but I've found it a negative on course. Purely based off of my own knowledge of fitting (which needs more work) I'd say:

1. Miura
    2. PXG
    3. Honma
    Posted:
    Currently - 5.1

Advertisement
  • GolfrnutGolfrnut  7422Members Posts: 7,422

On -, @balls_deep said:

On -, @balls_deep said:

Champion. What shaft though? I'd be interested to hear from a fitter on here what their thoughts are. Much like Matt from TXG I would guess that it is probably not optimal for you to be spinning the ball at or over the number on the club given how high you hit it. You're stopping the ball anyways because of the descent angle, so all spin does it make it harder to play in the wind and drop your distances. I'm the same aside from a bit slower (7 iron is 175 carry for me, 124 ball speed, 130 ft apex, 52 descent etc). I'd guess your launch numbers are pretty high? I used to strive for a high spin number but I've found it a negative on course. Purely based off of my own knowledge of fitting (which needs more work) I'd say:

1. Miura
    2. PXG
    3. Honma

With fitting numbers, you often have to account that mats could be used so the numbers can flip flop too from what you might see on turf.

Posted:
    TM Supertri V2 w/ Speeder Evo II 6.1 TS
    TM Stage 2 Tour 14.5* w/ Diamana BB  S+ 70
    Taylormade P790 2 UDI w/ DG 105R 
    Taylormade R9 19* TP Rescue w/ Aldila Rip 85
    4-PW Nike VR Pro MBs w/ DG AMT White R300
    Callaway MD3 52* & 58* PM grind
    Odyssey MXM 1W

On -, @Golfrnut said:

On -, @balls_deep said:

On -, @balls_deep said:

1. Miura
    2. PXG
    3. Honma

With fitting numbers, you often have to account that mats could be used so the numbers can flip flop too from what you might see on turf.

For sure. However MOST golfers will spin the ball less off mats so that further reinforces my thoughts on the winners from the fit.

Posted:
    Currently - 5.1

• Aviador NavalAviador Naval equus mortuus non caedis  1175Members Posts: 1,175

On -, @Buckets2 said:

I own MP20 and have a different point of view than the OP. I think the MP20 is Mizunos best feeling iron by a clear margin (I’ve played Mizuno off and on since the T-Zoid...). However, not from the vinegar strokes orgasmic ‘butter’ trope that is all the rage. What kind of butter: stick, spreadable, melted, butt butter, ..?

Any club, feels good out of the center. Where Mizuno has long come up short in my opinion is managing the decay of that feel in a reasonable manner on misses. In other words, most other manufacturers/offerings go from bliss, to meh, to a little discomfort, to ‘you suck’ as the distance from center increased.

With Mizuno you went straight from bliss to lay your junk on the table while I break out a ball-peen hammer in about 2mm. The MP60 should have come with a warning that said do not play in less than 70F temps unless you are Ben Hogan or Moe Norman.

The MP20 feels great when middled and degrades nicely while still providing precise feedback. You can miss **** near off the grooves without jarring your hands and elbows - or so I’ve been told...

Posted:
    917 D2 9.5
    Original Ti Launcher 3w-15
    TS3 fw @ 18
    818 H1 hyb @ 21 and 25
    6 MP20 HMB
    7-P MP20 MB
    50-12, 54F, 58D
    Old Mn-Bn Anser
  • Z4Z3RZ4Z3R Golfing Guy's Guy Cleveland, OH 117Members Posts: 117

Very nice write up! Thanks for Sharing!

I go back and forth between my Apex MB's and my P7TW's. That's also partly because I have different shafts in each. My first couple of month's with the TW's, I thought they were fairly forgiving but I think I was just swinging it really well. They do feel very good when middled. I started struggling a bit and everyone in the group knows when you miss it, even if the result doesn't show. The sound quickly changes to very clicky.

The Apex MB's on the other hand still sound pretty good/soft on misses which I like. I know when I miss it but I usually like my playing partners to still think I hit it good! ;-)

Posted:
    Blade Day Options:
    • Taylormade P7TW
    • Callaway Apex MB RAW (CURRENT GAMER)
    • Titleist 670
    • Titleist 690.mb 
    • Mizuno MP 29
    • Mizuno MP 33
    Need 1 more set for every day of the week!
    -->Miura MB 101 being built!

On -, @balls_deep said:

On -, @balls_deep said:

1. Miura
    2. PXG
    3. Honma

Oban CT 125x

Posted:

Advertisement

On -, @balls_deep said:

On -, @Golfrnut said:

On -, @balls_deep said:

On -, @balls_deep said:

1. Miura
    2. PXG
    3. Honma

For sure. However MOST golfers will spin the ball less off mats so that further reinforces my thoughts on the winners from the fit.

I hit off a fiberbuilt grass panel for this test. It’s that 3x1 strip that’s supposed to simulate grass. Not perfect but better than the firm mats.

Posted:
  • leftycabeleftycabe Iowa 103ClubWRX Posts: 103

Great write up! I wish everyone, including myself, wrote their comparisons this well.

Posted:
  • craz-ecraz-e  4262Members Posts: 4,262

Would love to hit them all on the same day but my wallet is glad I can’t!

Posted:
    Driver = Ping G410 Plus even flow black 6.0
    4 wood = Titleist TS2 Even flow white 6.0
    3 iron = Titleist U500 Hzrdus smoke 6.0
    Irons = Titleist 718 CB/MB Project X LZ 6.0
    Wedges = Titleist Vokey SM6 52*, 56*
                  = Ping Glide 3.0 eye 2 60* 
    Putter = Wilson Staff 8882
    Ball = Titleist AVX
  • cflo2382cflo2382 SE Michigan 439Members Posts: 439

Solid write up. Spot on with the Miura MC-501. I've gamed them for a year now and my takeaway is very similar to yours. Miura feel. Easy to hit. Look incredible.. but.. OFFSET. It didn't bother me so much but after hitting some of the recent blade offerings and then coming back to these its striking how much it stands out. I keep kicking around the idea of moving into something else or sticking with them for another year. They do perform well (for me), though, that's for sure.. but the Blueprints and Baby Blades have my attention.

Posted:
    Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a ****?

On -, @cflo2382 said:

Solid write up. Spot on with the Miura MC-501. I've gamed them for a year now and my takeaway is very similar to yours. Miura feel. Easy to hit. Look incredible.. but.. OFFSET. It didn't bother me so much but after hitting some of the recent blade offerings and then coming back to these its striking how much it stands out. I keep kicking around the idea of moving into something else or sticking with them for another year. They do perform well (for me), though, that's for sure.. but the Blueprints and Baby Blades have my attention.

Feel the same way about offset....didn't know how much it bothered me until I looked more in to it, now I can't stand it. "Squaring up" at address just feels super closed and hook monster city and cutting the ball is way too hard!

Posted:

Advertisement

On -, @Buckets2 said:

On -, @cflo2382 said:

Feel the same way about offset....didn't know how much it bothered me until I looked more in to it, now I can't stand it. "Squaring up" at address just feels super closed and hook monster city and cutting the ball is way too hard!

It definitely serves it purpose and maybe Miura is trying to hit a smaller group of people who want to play blades but also want some offset. It just inhibits me from being able to work it effectively. My misses become much more left which is not my favorite.

Posted:

On -, @Buckets2 said:

On -, @cflo2382 said:

It definitely serves it purpose and maybe Miura is trying to hit a smaller group of people who want to play blades but also want some offset. It just inhibits me from being able to work it effectively. My misses become much more left which is not my favorite.

At least they aren't traditionally lofted already. You could bend them all a degree weak to add some bounce and reduce offset

Posted:
    Currently - 5.1

• Z4Z3RZ4Z3R Golfing Guy's Guy Cleveland, OH 117Members Posts: 117

On -, @Buckets2 said:

On -, @cflo2382 said:

Man I just wish you had done this when you had a chance to get mb 101s in your hands. Would be curious to see how they stack up.

Posted:
    Blade Day Options:
    • Taylormade P7TW
    • Callaway Apex MB RAW (CURRENT GAMER)
    • Titleist 670
    • Titleist 690.mb 
    • Mizuno MP 29
    • Mizuno MP 33
    Need 1 more set for every day of the week!
    -->Miura MB 101 being built!

Advertisement
  • cflo2382cflo2382 SE Michigan 439Members Posts: 439

On -, @Buckets2 said:

On -, @cflo2382 said:

I actually don't have much issue working these but my misses definitely tend to be more left. For me, it's now just become a visual thing more than anything.

Posted:
    Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a ****?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.