3W Shaft Recommendation

jacksonchristie ·  
jacksonchristiejacksonchristie JCSydney, AustraliaMembers  16WRX Points: 33Handicap: 7Posts: 16 Bunkers

Went and had a fitting done for driver and irons, and got fitted into an ACCRA FX 260 M4 for the driver. Had no troubles with this when it was built, and decided against the matching fairway wood (was about to go on a holiday and couldn't justify the $$).

Now, I've bought a Cobra F9 Fairway with an Aldila Tour Blue, it was advertised as stiff but is an ATX 85g (which I take as an x flex with lower torque?). Basically I'm hitting it the same distance as my 3 iron and I know it's due to the shaft being too firm. Doesn't feel like it is loading or releasing at the right times. I could buy the matching shaft but it is hard to find in Australia without paying for another fitting, and it is quite expensive.

Basically, my question is if anyone has any recommendations for a shaft with a similar profile to the ACCRA that would suit me in a 3w? Or if anyone is selling an ACCRA FX 260 in FW length then let me know haha

Thanks!

Posted:
Tagged:

Comments

• NessismNessism To measure is to know... Members  19525WRX Points: 1,604Posts: 19,525 Titanium Tees

A regular Tour Blue or a Rogue Black are great fairway shafts. Similar profile. Mid launch which is nice for a fairway wood.

Posted:
    Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60S
    Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 5 wood w/Aldila Rogue Black 70S
    Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 Hybrid w/Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
    Ping G410 irons w/Recoil 95S
    Ping Glide 55/60 wedges w/Recoil 110S
    Ping Anser/Arna putter - the "real deal!"
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Jeff58Jeff58 Bend OregonMembers  272WRX Points: 166Posts: 272 Greens

Based on the Accra description, I’d consider an Evenflow Blue 75g in 6.0. Same torque, similar flex and launch / spin description. Likely very similar feel (smooth, even flex, not boardy, easy launch).

Posted:
  • jacksonchristiejacksonchristie JC Sydney, AustraliaMembers  16WRX Points: 33Handicap: 7Posts: 16 Bunkers

Thanks for the suggestions, will have a look into it! Definitely speaking my language with the easy launch haha

Posted:
  • jacksonchristiejacksonchristie JC Sydney, AustraliaMembers  16WRX Points: 33Handicap: 7Posts: 16 Bunkers
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.