soooooo..... Is golfwrx coming back or is this it?????

since the change I haven't posted much.

I hate the site. I've given it months to improve.

I;ve scrolled through all the info threads and have seen 10 different answers.

Is the old site coming back? What was the main reason for the switchover?

Why so many ads?

Does eeasy still own the site?

Are all the mods new?

2024 Bag TBD

I am here and working tirelessly to bring back all that is missing. This morning we reviewed a bunch of changes that should drop this week. Please read my latest update I wrote just last week... https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1802510/site-update-our-commitment-and-what-s-coming-next

But the old site is coming back but it will be better than before. But the little things that you and I loved about it will be back and a bunch of bells and whistles that will help us grow and point you to the hottest content will be added. Better than that the ability for the newbie to join and add pics is and will be 10x easier than before which will help us add new members going forward. But the largest issues is to bring back the priorities our members want back ASAP.

Please read my post and know I am here and will be till I am in the dirt.

Richard

• Like 3

In the dirt working on your swing with Sevam or in the dirt with IT ? I kid I kid

GOOD LUCK and thanks for the big efforts RA !!

• Like 1

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

Excited to see the changes rolled out as being a new member only a few weeks ago!

• Like 1

TaylorMade SIM2 9 deg - HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 6.5

TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 3W - Tensei Blue

TaylorMade SIM2 5W - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6R

TaylorMade SIM Rescue 3H - Fujikura Ventus Blue 5R

TaylorMade SIM Rescue 4H - Fujikura Ventus Blue 5R

Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 5-PW - KBS Tour 90s

TaylorMade ATV Grind Wedge - 52 deg / 60 deg

Odyssey Stroke Lab 7 - Custom Black / Red

TaylorMade TP5

I said in another thread that I would wait to pass judgment. As far as I can tell, this is still a work in progress, and I think what I have received from the site is worth a little patience in return. What hasn't gone away is the quality of members - HowardJones, HawkEye, Sean2, MtlJeff, DriverWedge, and...some other jerkbags possibly.

• Like 3

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

Stop it.

Seriously we hope to have the folded into the post vs creation of a blank to hold it. But the Dev team said it was a big one and if we did that first there were 20 smaller things that would have to wait. I thought if I was a member I would rather the 20 smalls first. Some are live and some are coming with others.

Feedback is being worked on now. Hoping for Jan but they have yet to deliver ahead of thee promise date.

I have no issues with the new site FWIW . Change can be frustrating because you have to learn a new thing, but I've gotten used to it. I like the new format, nothing worth getting too fussy about, just a few new little things I still haven't figured out (like how to delete a quote once you've quoted it, it stays in there forever, I have to reply to that person at that point)

I post a bit less but mostly because I'm chasing around a 2yr old.

I still really like it here! A couple of times a week when my daughter is in bed I try to come here and stir up some stuff LOL

And we can edit posts again!!!! Hooray for that, I can post while drinking wine again

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Laughing my a** off at myself, lol. I checked and see there is a member simply called “Hawkeye”, haha. Almost couldn’t get my head through the door there for a minute!

Now crashing back down to earth but glad we haven’t lost MadGolfer76, all of the other truly aforementioned and many others.

Now back to being a jerkbag! (Actually have been a little testy lately - the little guy is calming me down!)

FWN9M7M1MTFU.jpeg

• Like 1

I posted this out of frustration. I've spent 12 years on here! Wrx has been My fav website of all time.

Wrx does deserve some time because of all of the built up positives over the years but it has been frustrating this year for sure.

Honestly it seemed like the site was sold to somebody and they made some changes based on $$$. I dunno.

Ill stick around and I'm sure it will turn around hopefully sooner than later.

Good luck with the changes!

• Like 1

2024 Bag TBD

I get the blue border but not the delete button, where does that appear?

I'm on an android (S10) if that helps

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Thanks for the second chance. It won't be a lack of effort of $$$ we will throw at it. We have a great team and the foundational software we are working on is modern, well written and scalable. We will be able to add functions that we could never do on he old.

Trust me... 4 weeks after the launch we had a short week where we talked about options and going to a traditional old school software for the forums but after a deep dive it was clear wee were to big and it was not in the best interest for membership long term. It would have been nice this year to have it back, but we would have been handcuffed forever with our size. We will knock your socks off. We will. It will take some time but ever so slowly it will materialize.

I am seeing some changes tonight even. Just saw one tweak that is so small I bet none of you saw it. The line or border between threads in the forums are gone and the threads are about 6px thinner so you can see more threads per inch. Small changes but we have dozens of them leaking out.

Hoping to see some formatting tweaks drop this week for the area on the left under our avatars. That area is so bad and we have made phase 1 changes ready to drop ASAP.

Working hard and won't stop.

Richard

• Like 2

12 years, 20+ names!!!

You shouldn't be begrudging change LOL, I never know what to call you!

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

@easyyy
i have a question for you that I think a lot of others have and I haven’t ever seen answered but it would go a long way if it was
Were you guys just completely sold a fake bill of goods/given false promises by vanilla that they could do everything you wanted and do it quickly and then found out after the change that they couldn’t deliver. Specifically things like feedback,formatting, color of the theme etc
or
Did you guys not ask the questions of vanilla beforehand because you underestimated the importance of them to the membership (an example of this would be feedback)?
im almost positive it’s the first option based on how long it takes them to fix things, but hearing the answer from you would be appreciated

@easyyy
Having been a WRX'er since the very beginning, I knew nothing will stay the same forever, some changes are always inevitable but I have gotten used to the changes and actually liked many new features. I know there are still few issues being worked out but this is perfectly readable. Sure I will miss having #49 next to my user name but I can live without it. Ha.
Hope all is well with you.
  • Like 1

63 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

TM Stealth 10.5, GD XC-6 stiff

TM Qi10 3HL GD DI-7 stiff

TM SIM2 Rescue 19* & 23*

TM P770 5-PW, DG120 S300

TM MG4 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

Little of each. We had this site in Beta with the new skin and everything for over a year. We had a working list of "heavy hitters" that some were to be developed by the them and some that we were sourcing internally. The changes were slow to materialize and most were in development. However our beta testing was VERY limited. Having 6 of us in there documenting bugs and shortcomings was nothing compared to the testing my our membership. Feedback has always been the #1 but they couldn't support the development because we had them so busy doing 20 other approvals and 50 behind it. S we were always to develop that internally. However when we launched the firefighting was crazy and pushed Feedback down the list.

Unfortunately the day came we had to move before the site crashed. The system was failing and in jeopardy of crashing. So we went to the new site knowing that it would be bad in the beginning but thought that we could patch it together in a few weeks.

But it takes 10x (30x) longer for them to complete/approve/move through there slow system than we expected. Yes they are terribly slow. To make things worst I personally developed the first skin for looks only to have it redone again by a outside 3rd party. Mistake by me. The software company had lots of excuses for all the modifications... Mopping up after the security breach, changes take longer, you can't do that, you can't do that either, you also can't do that to comply to the new laws, you can't do that for security, etc. Also to do a project they have to test it and pass it through multiple hoops to verify it is ready for production.

It has been one of the worst experiences I have ever been through.

Our old site was essentially a base IPB forums software with 60 internal hacks. If they updated the software we couldn't do that because all the hacks would break. We needed to make the move to this modern format but wow... it was a basic framework and we have to build each bell and whistle out as a modification. We would have been next spring if th wold set wasn't crashing.

So we mostly are surprised howling a simple change takes. Also we are surprised how tough a simple feedback mod is to develop and fold in. We have been working so hard to make it better and it has been terrible stressful. But I see light more now than ever. I see promise or I wouldn't be writing. I do apologize and I would never do anything to negatively effect the members. We have and we will work to make it not just right but everything you expect.

• Like 1

However you delete letters/text on your phone you do the same thing with the quoted text box.

On my Android keyboard I place the cursor just PAST the text I want to delete and hit the "delete" key, just as on my MAC desktop.

Same thing goes for the quoted text (box). So you place your cursor BEFORE ANY text you've written, if any, or immediately AFTER the quoted text box if you prefer, and hit the delete key until the quoted text box is deleted.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X