2020 PGA Merchandise Show Coverage.... Here.

2013 Gamer Tour/noodle+ long and soft replacement?

bortass ·  
bortassbortass ATL 1369WRX Points: 96Members Posts: 1,369

High handicap player that’s been away from the game for years. The two balls I used were Gamer Tours and the Noodle+ long and soft. I happen to still have a dozen or so of each from when I last bought balls around 2013.

I’m not long off the tee, consider a 225 yard drive as solid, I sometimes poke it out further but that’s a bonus. I don’t know my swing speed.

One thing I liked about both bales is they were cheap, so losing one is no big deal. They also weren’t rocks and seemed fine around the green which is more important to me than added distance.

Once I run out of my current stock, what should I consider looking into for a ball?

Posted:

Comments

• Tanner25Tanner25  6511WRX Points: 253Members Posts: 6,511

Welcome back, Bortass. A lot has changed since 2013. I recommend Srixon Soft Feel and use your $10 golf galaxy (mailed coupon) and it's 10 bucks. The new Noodle is 2 piece and 60 compression, same at the Soft Feel. There's not much feedback on the new Wilson 50 elite. That should be similar and cheaper.

Posted:
    Post edited by Tanner25 on
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Joe SJoe S  107WRX Points: 86Members Posts: 107

As Far as I can tell the Top Flite Gamer Urethane is the same ball as the Gamer Tour with a different name. It's very good around the greens for an ultra cheap ball. They are buy one dozen get one free for $14.99 right now.

Posted:
  • bortassbortass ATL 1369WRX Points: 96Members Posts: 1,369

@Joe S Thanks. I've been using my supply of Gamers since I'm down to my last few Noodles and I've been happy with them. I'll check out the sale.

edit - And I just ordered 8 dozen of them, lol. Can't beat the price.

Posted:
  • BogeyParBogeyBogeyParBogey Trying to get better... northern IL 195WRX Points: 82Handicap: not keptMembers Posts: 195

I've used the regular Gamer and Gamer Soft before. Both are nice. I haven't used the Gamer Tour or Urethane. Best of luck!

Dave

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.