What were your best golf accomplishments of 2019

memphishorn ·  
memphishornmemphishorn memphishornClubWRX  870WRX Points: 216Handicap: 8Posts: 870 ClubWRX

I have three that I’m most proud of

After finishing runner up in my Clubs 2018 Match Play, I won the Clubs 2019 Match Play. Had to beat a 23 y/o 1.5 hdcp twice. Only advantage was he played Black Tees and I played White Tees (I’m 65 y/o).

For the 3rd time in 6 years I won an annual 16 Man Match Play Invitational Summer Shootout.

Lastly, I shot my lowest gross 18 hole score ever, 68 against par 70.

Cant wait to see what 2020 holds.

Posted:

Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei AV Blue Stiff
Titleist 915F 15* (set 16.5*)Diamana Blue 70 Regular
Titleist 904F 19* YS6 Stiff
Titleist Hybrid (816) 23* Bassara Regular
Titleist AP1 718 5-GW1 Tensei Graphite Stiff
Vokey 52.08 SM6, 56.11 SM6
Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2019 35”
Titleist Hybrid 14 Bag
Titleist Pro V1

Classic Bag
MacGregor MT Tourney 1967 WM2T 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Persimmon w/ Aluminum Insert
MacGregor MT Tourney 1971 Split Sole irons 2-Sand Iron
Newport Classic or Ping Anser 1969 85020 or MacGregor Armour IMG or TPM 1
Daiwa Black Leather Bag

Comments

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • BMCBMC Members  3901WRX Points: 886Handicap: YESPosts: 3,901 Titanium Tees
    Posted:
    PING Rapture(OG) 10.5 driver
    PING Rapture 3 wood
    Cobra Pro hybrids 18 & 23
    Callaway '18 MB irons
    Callaway 56 SW
    Cleveland Classic #2 putter
  • memphishornmemphishorn memphishorn ClubWRX  870WRX Points: 216Handicap: 8Posts: 870 ClubWRX
    Posted:

Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei AV Blue Stiff
    Titleist 915F 15* (set 16.5*)Diamana Blue 70 Regular
    Titleist 904F 19* YS6 Stiff
    Titleist Hybrid (816) 23* Bassara Regular
    Titleist AP1 718 5-GW1 Tensei Graphite Stiff
    Vokey 52.08 SM6, 56.11 SM6
    Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2019 35”
    Titleist Hybrid 14 Bag
    Titleist Pro V1

Classic Bag
    MacGregor MT Tourney 1967 WM2T 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Persimmon w/ Aluminum Insert
    MacGregor MT Tourney 1971 Split Sole irons 2-Sand Iron
    Newport Classic or Ping Anser 1969 85020 or MacGregor Armour IMG or TPM 1
    Daiwa Black Leather Bag
  • doctormizunodoctormizuno Members  95WRX Points: 24Handicap: 6.4Posts: 95 Fairways

Normal shot is a slight draw. My accomplishment is going to strictly a fade with the driver. I feel I can

go at it as hard as I want without that ball still staying consistent with the little fade. When I tried to do

that when I was drawing the ball with the driver, that thing would turn into a hook. Going at it hard, alot

of times that ball would put the left blinker light on way too early.

Posted:
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members  9961WRX Points: 3,334Handicap: 8Posts: 9,961 Titanium Tees

I got to play some golf on some very good courses this year. It was great.

Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade SIM 10.5 KBS TD 70TX
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 49 and 64
    WEDGES: Titleist SM7 54 and 60 KBS tour custom matte black shafts.
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow

Advertisement
  • DFS PFDDFS PFD Members  1586WRX Points: 801Handicap: 1.8Posts: 1,586 Platinum Tees

Broke 70 four days in a row, and never played more than 5 consecutive rounds with the same clubs.

Posted:
    SIM 8* Ventus Black 6X
    G410 LST  HZRDUS Smoke Hulk 6.5TX 60g 
    Epic Flash SZ 15* Tensei PW 80TX
    2-PW Ping Blueprint DG X7
    55* SM8 Raw
    61* SM8 Raw
    L.A.B 2.1 

• 86020818602081 Members  2055WRX Points: 226Handicap: 10Posts: 2,055 Platinum Tees

Been consistent breaking 80s for past 2 months..

Hope to stay the same or better for 2020..

Posted:
  • wkndhckrwkndhckr Members  21WRX Points: 15Posts: 21 Bunkers

Started playing regularly this year. Played my first round without losing a balll (I did switch to a clean one so I can't say the same ball).

Kudos for the 68!! May you consistently shot under par in 2020!!!

Posted:
  • Edward_MajorwinEdward_Majorwin British ColumbiaMembers  297WRX Points: 290Handicap: 13Posts: 297 Greens

I didn't improve much at all (scoring wise) but I'm happy to report that Captain Arm-swing is on his way out the door in the next few months. I had one round where I finished with 11 pars in a row, so that was pretty cool (and played like garbage the next round of course!).

Bigger picture I got to play golf whenever I wanted and only had a couple rain-outs, which is a miracle in the Vancouver/Fraser Valley region. I'm just thankful I'm still in good health and the body is just fine after so many years of neglect in the past.

Hope you all enjoy another great year of golf in 2020!

Posted:

Right-handed Canadian golfer swinging left
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5
    Ping G410 3H
    Titleist AP2 718 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey SM7 52° - SM7 56° - SM8 60°
    Odyssey Stroke Lab ONE
    Ball: Callaway Supersoft (yellow)
    Tees: Engineered Laminate w/ gloss coat

Advertisement
  • jvincentjvincent Members  1405WRX Points: 727Posts: 1,405 Platinum Tees

After driving the ball like a spastic **** in 2018 and saw my index balloon into the 11s. Lost so many golf balls it was embarrassing.

Sorted out the driver this year and finished the season at 6.2. Hoping to build on that in 2020.

Posted:

Cobra SZ 9* : Tour AD TP 7-S
    Cobra F6 Baffler set at 16* : Tour AD TP 8-S
    Cobra 3U set at 18* : Nippon Modus3 120-S
    Srixon Z785 4-PW : Nippon Modus3 120-S
    Cleveland RTX3 50, 54, 58 : Nippon 115-S Wedge
    Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

• WristySwingWristySwing Members  580WRX Points: 319Posts: 580 Golden Tee

I finally got my putter under control. This Stability has been a godsend and has saved me from 3-putting multiple times per round to often having rounds without 1. This is also in part due to my iron play as I've got a set of irons that finally doesn't overcook the ball as much...I'm still not in love with them but they work.

Looking to next year I am hoping to drop my scoring average down from the 82 I currently shoot to something in the mid single digits to match and/or beat my career low handicap of 6.7, increase my swing speed by 7-10% through fitness and speed training (100mph driver when I started), and really work on my short iron and wedge game and putting as I feel I lose the most strokes in my game from about 130 and in. Some positives are in the 6 weeks of speed training I have gotten a 5mph pick up in ball speed on my irons, I haven't checked driver but the one time I did hit it I was getting about 4-5mph more ball speed than I usually had after only 2 weeks. So far so good.

Posted:

WITB now:

Rebuilding everything else | Custom one-off Bettinardi or Scotty T22 | Lamkin Sonar Midsize + | Srixon Z-Star XV

• luckypolkluckypolk Members  115WRX Points: 57Posts: 115 Fairways

Overcame an injury that I thought might put me out of golf. Shot my first two rounds in the 70s, a 76 on a par 70, and a 79 on a par 72.

Posted:
  • jrr811jrr811 Charlotte, NCMembers  99WRX Points: 54Handicap: +20Posts: 99 Fairways

I finally beat my best friend 1v1 who'd been playing for 10+ years. Used to be up and fall apart after 12.

We're like brothers, so the sibling rivalry gets real intense.

Posted:

Taylormade SIM MAX D 10.5* Driver
    Taylormade SIM MAX 15* 3 Wood
    Taylormade M6 19* Hybrid
    Scratch Prototype 4-9
    Scratch McCoy 48-53-58* 1018 Wedges
    Scotty Cameron Futura 6m
    BB&F Imperial Ferrules
    Kirkland Signature Tour Performance

• Jeff_MJeff_M Members  15WRX Points: 21Handicap: 4Posts: 15 Bunkers

Made some new golf friends, joined a club and won flight 1 in the club championship (didn't have a hope of competing in the champ flight though). Also started an ongoing match with one of my colleagues, we plan to carry the match through 2020 and see how close we are at the end.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • ode1ode1 Members  3051WRX Points: 232Posts: 3,051 Titanium Tees

I reached #3, on my home course, in two. A 575y par 5. It's near impossible for me to do as the hole doglegs a little left to right and bombed drives tend to run out in the left rough, and if you catch the fwy on a bombed drive it runs back up hill. The green is perched with a narrow (maybe 7-8 yards of fwy) run up area that feeds everything right, with a false front at the mouth of the green, and it'sguarded by a drainage stream on each side. I bombed a drive which made it up almost to the top of the up slope.....I had ~275 out and said screw it I'm going, never been up this far, and had a slight uphill lie. Pulled out my RBZ 3w and drilled one right down the pipe. Pin was back left, I ended up back right, pin high with about a 20 footer for eagle. You can't see the green from the 2nd shot, which adds to the difficulty of going for it in two. Would have been nice to see it roll up. As soon as I got over the up slope to about 250 I could see it on the green, and I was crossing my fingers I was not imagining it in the green. Missed the putt high and had tap in for bird. It's something I said I always wanted to accomplish since I joined. I was with one of my good golfing buddies so that made it even more special. A good drive for me is 280 and a good 3w is 250 off a tee and 240 off the deck, so this was something for me to pull off, and with the layout of the hole, even more difficult.

Posted:
  • KjboisenKjboisen Members  149WRX Points: 80Handicap: 1Posts: 149 Fairways

I was hit twice this year. Not something I want to happen in 2020 lol

Posted:
  • Sean2Sean2 Members  32492WRX Points: 2,490Posts: 32,492 Titanium Tees

Being in my mid-60s and walking 36 holes.

Posted:

Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. Jordan Peterson

Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest thing of all is to see life as it is, and not as it should be. Cervantes

In golf, the human mind has much higher capabilities to screw things up than the physics has to make things better. Unknown

• TooeasyTooeasy OhioMembers  18WRX Points: 19Handicap: 6Posts: 18 Bunkers

shot under par 3 times.... one under 71 twice and a 3 under 69.... 1st year ever breaking par for 18 holes in my 40 years of playing golf

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Sean2Sean2 Members  32492WRX Points: 2,490Posts: 32,492 Titanium Tees
    Posted:

Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. Jordan Peterson

Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest thing of all is to see life as it is, and not as it should be. Cervantes

In golf, the human mind has much higher capabilities to screw things up than the physics has to make things better. Unknown

• JedaigekiJedaigeki Members  328WRX Points: 82Posts: 328 Greens

2019 was a good year.

Enjoyed my time as the past captain of my club (all the respect still but none of the grief)

Placed second in my club champs.

Played 5 mixed opens with my wife this year and we never placed worse than 15th, best finish was a 5th place.

Finally got to play Lindrick Golf Club in Yorkshire (above mentioned mixed open) , it was the only club in the UK my Dad never got to play but wanted to.

Took my wife for her 30th birthday to PGA Catalunya in Spain. It was her first proper golfing trip abroad, we had great weather, great food, met some great people and she's already planning our next trip.

Finally got my putting under control and built some trust in it again.

Took my 11 year old daughter to watch her first pro golf competition (Ladies British Open)

Finally I tied my home clubs course record for a professional, the amateur record is one shot better.

Posted:
  • dmecca2dmecca2 Scranton, PAMembers  226WRX Points: 192Handicap: +3Posts: 226 Fairways

Won my second club championship in a row. Last year by 9 and this year by 7. No other wins and didn't play in many individual tournaments due to my job, but played many solid rounds including my lowest score (66) at my home course with my dad.

Next year my goal will be to make it out of local us open qualifying, then win my county amateur tournament if I'm able to play. Also, I want to beat one of my best friends (who's a pro), more than once.

Posted:
  • KwheatKwheat Members  104WRX Points: 32Posts: 104 Fairways

Beating my golf friends that I've played with for the last 15 years (since college) every round except for maybe 1.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • braincramp52braincramp52 Freeport, IllinoisMembers  6246WRX Points: 1,534Handicap: 10Posts: 6,246 Titanium Tees

Dropped 3 strokes off my handicap from a 13 to a 10

Posted:
    Ping G400 driver
    Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
    Ping Anser 20,23,27 Hybrids 
    Wilson Staff MB's 6-PW
    Ping Glide 3.0 50*
    Ping, Glide 54,58ES Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Newport 3

Snell MTB X

Just because your offended doesn't mean you're right
  • sdandreasdandrea Steve Members  2650WRX Points: 514Handicap: 11Posts: 2,650 Titanium Tees

My head not exploding after a missed 2 footer.........

Posted:
    • XXIO Prime 10.5*
    • Cobra Max 5w
    • Callaway BB 6h
    • Maltby TE Forged 6 - GW
    • Callaway PM Grind  56*
    • Scotty Fastback
  • ZA206ZA206 Members  749WRX Points: 139Handicap: 4.0Posts: 749 Golden Tee

Several things....

#1 - Finally broke par, shot 69 (3 under) on my home course, which has the has the highest slope rating of any public course in the area, so it wasn’t easy! I’ve shot even maybe a dozen times, but never could break through.

#2 - Made my wedge game a true strength to the point it pisses off the guys I regularly bet with!!! Makes it a lot easier to get birdies, that’s for sure.

#3 - Dropped my index from the 7’s down into the high 3’s only playing maybe 3 times a month and never really practicing. This was done by changing my wedges and using a little different technique, plus putting well towards the end of the summer. Kind of crazy....

-ZA

Posted:
    TM SIM 9.0 with Fujikura Ventus Blue-Velocore 6X
    TM M5 15 3W  with Fujikura Atmos Blue TS-7X
    TM M3 19 & 22 Rescue Hybrids with Fujikura Atmos Blue TS-8X
    Mizuno JPX 919F (5-PW) with DG 120 X100's
    TM 50, 56 & 60 Hi Toe with S300
    Odyssey stroke lab 10

Advertisement
  • rich_s2rich_s2 wisconsinMembers  1009WRX Points: 789Handicap: 1.6Posts: 1,009 Platinum Tees

Broke par in a tournament and got my first hole in one. Hit the stick twice for double eagles but neither fell :(

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.