NASHVILLE LAST WEEK OF MARCH??

Planning our regular spring getaway, and we were considering the usual spots in Florida, etc. when my wife (an avid country music fan) suggested she would like to go to Nashville along with our 2 oldest daughters...

Wondering a few things:Looking at the week of March 30th - How is the weather in Nashville at that time of the year?What is the public course landscape like in/around Nashville - Likely looking around $75 to just under a $100 for the 5 rounds I would likely playWhere would we stay that would have ideal proximity to the sites of the city, yet somewhat convenient to get 'dropped off' by my ladies at the recommended courses (likely looking to VRBO, Air BNB, etc.)We're not completely sold on the idea, but I like the thought of doing something a bit different, and on a very positive note Air Canada flies direct from Pearson in Toronto so likely no golf club logistic issues.

Really appreciate some feedback.

Thanks!Ian

:taylormade-small: Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
:taylormade-small: BRNR Mini-Driver 11.5D* (Fujikura Vista Pro 55S
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
:taylormade-small: Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
:taylormade-small: My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride :taylormade-small: Pistol
:taylormade-small: My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
:taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red) :taylormade-small: TP5 Golf Ball
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart / :skycaddie: SX550 GPS / :bushnell: ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

That time of year the weather can be great or we can have snow on the ground. It can be 75 one day and 40 the next.

Your best bets for public golf would be The Hermitage (2 courses on site), Gaylord Springs, and Greystone (a pretty good drive from the others). Another closer option to the first two would be Two Rivers, but it’s not near the same quality as the other 3.

i would look in the vicinity of Briley Parkway (Opryland Hotel area). You’d be close to The Hermitage and Gaylord and about a 15-20 min drive to Downtown.

• Like 2

I hit it 300 every time...on the range...when nobody's watching.

Thanks guys for the fabulous advice - I’ll look at the other thread and come back with other questions...

Would the courses mentioned actually be open year round or are they closed for a period before spring begins?

Appreciate the responses once again!

Ian

:taylormade-small: Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
:taylormade-small: My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride :taylormade-small: Pistol
:taylormade-small: My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
:taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red) :taylormade-small: TP5 Golf Ball
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart / :skycaddie: SX550 GPS / :bushnell: ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

So to summarize from what I've gleaned from this thread and those linked below...https://forums.golfwrx.com/categories/southeastConvenience to Nashville's amenities:

Gaylord Springs (20 min)Hermitage (2 courses - President's Reserve and General's Retreat) (25 min)Twelve Stones (20 min)The Legacy (35 min to the north of the city)Indian Hills (35 min to the south of the city)Inconvenient to Nashville's amenities, but great golf:

Greystone (45 min to the west of the city)Sewanee (9 Holes) (90 min)Sweetens (9 Holes) (1 hour 10 min)Is this fairly accurate? Get the weather may be hit and miss but being from southern Ontario, thinking likely a better chance of 'Hit' vs. 'Miss' In terms of accomodations, thinking VRBO/Air BnB, but looking for any recommendations.

Has anyone stayed at the cottages/lodging Hermitage has?: https://www.hermitagegolf.com/lodging

Thank you all so much!

Cheers,Ian

Thanks '8' - Agreed, didn't read too much about it and it's likely a bit far...

I'll check out Montgomery Bell.

Cheers,

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again...

The trip is now set re: flights/accommodation for the first week of April...

Hopefully the weather will be okay, the trip is primarily for my wife and 2 oldest daughters and I hope to get 3-5 rounds in. We are going to be located near the ‘Gulch’, which pretty central to the courses mentioned in this thread - Pretty sure the 2 courses at Hermitage and Gaylord Springs will be on the schedule for convenience sake.

We’ll See about the rest, would love to play Greystone, the 2 9-hole tracks south of the city but time may not allow.

Appreciate all the help guys!

Ian

• 1 month later...

Have played both Hermitage courses (President’s Reserve is great), Gaylord Springs, Greystone, and The Legacy. All the courses were in really good shape when we were there. We drove down and hit Greystone on the way into town, and then The Legacy on the way out. No real issues with proximity to anything for us doing it that way. Plenty to do in the evenings after golf as well.

Just curious, when were you there?

I'm heading there in exactly 4 weeks and hoping the weather will be cooperative.

Thanks.

Both times we have gone down there it was summer. I think the first time was in June and the last time was in August. It was hot and humid both time, but the last time was during a heat wave. Had heat indexes of around 105 all three days we were there. The courses were in good condition, but the heat was pretty oppressive. You should be fine in the next few weeks.

Thanks!!

Fair warning, it has been extremely wet in our area for the last year it seems. We got .7 today and points south and east of me were supposed to get more and will get more the next few days. On the plus side it was 65 here today. In March you will be playing on dormant grass unless somewhere overseeds. Kind of rare to find overseeded courses though around here.

Thanks everyone, my first round of 4 (fingers crossed) will hopefully be on Sun March 29 - Temps look to be decent in all likelihood but the moisture will be the wild card it appears...

The 3 courses I’m looking to focus on based on my location in the city will be (I’m on borrowed time and simply won’t have the patience of my family to drive more than 20 min from our property):

Hermitage Gaylord SpringsHalpern HillsWhich of these do you feel are the most likely to be in the best condition given the likely weather over the next few weeks?

I actually feel horrible writing this based on what’s happened since Tuesday as an aside. The property we are staying at is less than 10 min from where the tornado struck...

Appreciate the help guys.

Ian

Thanks KG (and ‘Inaccurately’ re: Gaylord)...

Based in everything I’m hearing, Hermitage is my best bet for the time I’m there (and limitations in terms of being down with the fam)...

Really appreciate it gents!

Ian