2020 PGA Merchandise Show Coverage.... Here.

Course near Middletown Del

cwgolfman ·  
cwgolfmancwgolfman  136WRX Points: 72Handicap: 1Members Posts: 136

I am currently living in Pinehurst NC--My wife and I are thinking about moving to Middletown area to be closer to kids in southern NJ. Looking for course membership recommendations in this area--looking at Back Creek/St Anne's. Any input would be appreciated--Thanks--CW

Posted:

Best Answer

Answers

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • DrOldSchoolDrOldSchool Noblesville, IN 620WRX Points: 310Handicap: 3.9Members Posts: 620

Someone who lives closer can comment more on current conditions/membership, but what I think of the courses close by:

Back Creek is the best in my opinion. Not sure how much development has impacted it over the years, but it's a nice layout with good mix of holes. Sort of links style.

Frog Hollow has the most challenging greens but it appears they have had some kind of foul up on them recently per their webpage. Not the first time they have had conditions issues.

Odessa National is a bit targety but not bad. Not sure I'd want it as a home course, but you could do worse.

St. Annes I have not played, but it sat for years incomplete only to open recently, so keep that in mind. One of my friends that lives in Middletown did not have nice things to say about it. He said the same thing with Patriot's Glen near Elkton, which was closed for a while only to reopen a couple years ago.

Posted:
  • cwgolfmancwgolfman  136WRX Points: 72Handicap: 1Members Posts: 136

Thanks very much for the info--

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.