Cobra Shaft Adapters F6 F7 F8 F9 , interchangeable old new

stange ·  
stangestange Members  2WRX Points: 0Posts: 2 Starters

The old Cobra Series F6,F7,F8 had their Loft Printed on the Adapter within a range of 3° plus Draw Settings. For example the F8 - 9-12°. Looking at the new F9, which came out in 9° and 10.5° , the adapter has -1,5 to +1,5 on it. That would mean that it is still the same range. My thought/question is if the " old" generation were always 10.5° .Same with the hybrids and fairwaywoods. Is it always the same and the loft is set by the clubhead ?

I came up with that because i want to put my F8 shaft in my F9 and would also try to put the fw shaft in the driver because its shorter.

I hope you can follow my thoughts and understand my english.

best regards from germany

Posted:

Comments

• 300_Straight300_Straight Members  1004WRX Points: 79Handicap: 9.5Posts: 1,004 Platinum Tees

The loft is set in the club head. For example, if you have the 9* F9 head and set the F8 adapter to its lowest setting, it should play 7.5. Alternately, its highest setting should play 10.5 regardless of what the number on the adapter says. Loft is determined by the head.

Posted:
    King LTD Pro 7.5* / Kuro Kage DC XT 60TX Tipped 1.25" -- 44.5"
    Exotics XCG7 Beta 13*
    Srixon z745 3-PW -- Modus 130x
    50/8f SM7
    54/12 Top Flite
    58/12d SM7

Old Odyssey Mallet

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.