GIVEAWAY: PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE, Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 3W - ENTER HERE.

Pinehurst Area Courses Package Question

krogers34 ·  
krogers34krogers34 Members  4WRX Points: 5Posts: 4 Starters

Hi,

I'm planning a trip to the Pinehurst area and have been looking at some golf packages for the weekend of March 26th. My question- is it possible to have one of the package companies book only tee times and no lodging? (Tobacco Road, Dormie, Pine Needles/Mid-Pines) I would prefer to find that on my own. I've reached out to a couple companies, but don't expect to hear back until Monday.

Also, how difficult is it to get a tee time on any of the Pinehurst courses if you are not staying with them?

My group is pushing me for an answer and I thought this might be a faster way to hear. Thanks!

Posted:

Comments

• davep043davep043 Members  5135WRX Points: 2,324Handicap: 6.3Posts: 5,135 Titanium Tees

I have read that some companies will book golf only, but have no direct experience with that. Some of those same companies can book times on Pinehurst courses, but typically not #2 or #4. For advance bookings on those, you need to stay at the Resort. I suggest you get package prices that include lodging, and compare to the golf-only prices (plus whatever lodging you can arrange). In my experience, paying rack rate for golf adds a bit to the golf cost, which in turn makes the full packages a little more attractive since they included discounted greens fees.

Posted:

Home is Reston, Virgina, with regular visits to Southern Pines, NC

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • mattw387mattw387 Members  222WRX Points: 81Posts: 222 Fairways

I know Tobacco Road Travel does golf only, they provided me a quote last spring with and without. Ive also used Talamore’s golf quote before, and it allows you to note if you need lodging or not... I wasn’t interested in playing at the resort, so I defer to Dave’s post above.

Posted:
  • krogers34krogers34 Members  4WRX Points: 5Posts: 4 Starters

Follow up question- does anyone know if you can bring a non-golfer with you at any of the courses in the are? We have one non-golfer in our group.

Posted:
  • Carl Spackler3Carl Spackler3 Members  1258WRX Points: 408Posts: 1,258 Platinum Tees

Call Angie at Talamore, you’ll be fine

Posted:
    Titleist 915 D2
    Ping G 3 W
    Ping G 5W
    Ping G25 Hybrid
    Mizuno JPX 900 hot metal 5-GW
    Vokey 52-08 sm4
    Vokey 56-14 sm6
    Odyssey White Hot RX2 ( but it better be careful)
  • RobYakesRobYakes "You can talk to a fade but a hook won't listen" Washington, D.C.Members, ClubWRX  462WRX Points: 118Handicap: 4-6Posts: 462 Greens

The way Pinehurst Resort gets you is the steep discount for its courses if you're staying with them plus availability to book tee times in advance of same week (I think its 2 days for #2 and #4 if not staying with them). My group did the Donald Ross package last winter (basically $1000 for 2 nights, 3 rounds/upcharge to play #2, buffet breakfast at Carolina Hotel each morning, and dinner both nights at one of their restaurants). Haven't looked since last year but the green fees for #2 and #4 were like $295-$395 for golf only (not staying at resort).

Posted:
    SIM 9.0* AD-IZ 6S // SIM 15* AD-IZ 7S // SIM 19* AD-DI 7S // P790 Modus 120S // MILLED GRIND 50* & 54* Modus 115W // HI-TOE 60* Modus 115W // SPIDER X 34"
  • FotsguyFotsguy Members  16WRX Points: 14Posts: 16 Bunkers

I have a trip planned for mid March, others have already planned out the lodging at Pine Needles, but my golf buddy and I are staying longer and would like to get in rounds at Talamore and Dormie Club. Ross Resorts does not have a corp membership with Dormie but Talamore/Tobacco Road/Pinecrest do. Can I get a full name of who to ask at either Talamore or Tobacco road? I saw the name Angie above at Talamore but do not see her listed on the website of someone to talk to in travel. Thank you for any assitance.

Norm

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • mattw387mattw387 Members  222WRX Points: 81Posts: 222 Fairways

I've worked with Julie Collins at TR travel - she's been great for our upcoming trip..

JULIE COLLINS

Golf Package Coordinator, Tobacco Road Golf & Travel

919.775.1940 or 877.284.3762 // [email protected]

Posted:
  • davep043davep043 Members  5135WRX Points: 2,324Handicap: 6.3Posts: 5,135 Titanium Tees

I've had my villa at Talamore for over 12 years, and I know that any of the folks listed at Talamore will do a good job. I deal primarily with Nikki ([email protected]), I see Kristen most often when we visit around Thanksgiving, but they're all really good at taking care of potential guests. I don't think it would do any good to use my name, but if you'd like it, send me a PM.

Posted:

Home is Reston, Virgina, with regular visits to Southern Pines, NC

• Cottonseed.Cottonseed. Members  247WRX Points: 98Posts: 247 Fairways

Yup, Julie killed it for me too (in a good way).

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.