GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

Shot Scope V3

Jungleland ·  
JunglelandJungleland Members  624WRX Points: 124Handicap: 9Posts: 624 Golden Tee

It appears we will hear news of the new version during the upcoming PGA show. Hoping they’ve been able to reduce the size of the watch.

Posted:

Comments

• BentronBentron Members  78WRX Points: 41Posts: 78 Fairways

Been looking at the V2 and that is my main concern, it looks so chunky.

Also wouldn't hurt for some colors other than black.

Posted:

BOOMSHAKALAKA

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • GolfjackGolfjack All about the rotation Members  1622WRX Points: 503Posts: 1,622 Platinum Tees

Yeah, their watch is so ugly and chunky. That dissuaded me from buying it. Honestly, they should just work with Samsung or something. Building a nice watch from scratch is just too expensive.

Posted:
    Callaway Epic SZ Driver 9
    TM Aeroburner TP 3 wood
    3H (19), 4H (22) Aeroburner TP
    Mizuno MP-15 5 iron, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno MP-5 6-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Wedges Mizuno T7 50, 56, 60
    Scotty Phantom X6 STR
  • pnd4pndpnd4pnd Lefty Boomers  116WRX Points: 76Posts: 116 Fairways

why they just dont use the apple watch is beyond me.

Posted:
  • Ovalles593Ovalles593 Members  22WRX Points: 15Handicap: 15Posts: 22 Bunkers

I always wondered the same thing. I always play with my Apple Watch but the shot scope V2 looks always three times the size.

Posted:
  • isitourisitour Members  73WRX Points: 81Posts: 73 Bunkers

I have the shot scope V2. Excellent product. No issues with watch size. I realize its not fashionable to say positive things about something these days but the only thing that bothers me about it is distance accuracy. I swear when I crush one its out there 300 yds but the SS V2 says 260...weird ....lol

Posted:
  • Jeff_MJeff_M Members  15WRX Points: 21Handicap: 4Posts: 15 Bunkers

Anyone hear news of a V3? The V2 is on a deal right now for $119 so I was thinking of picking it up, was just curious if they had announced or shown anything at the PGA show. I've seen nothing in the media or on Shot Scope's website/social pages about a V3.

Posted:

Advertisement

I emailed them yesterday asking if they had an ETA on V3, below is their reply:

“We do not have a set release time for a V3 but it is something we are looking at, any time we release a new product the original users are always offered a reduced rate on the new product so a V2-V3 upgrade offer would also apply.”

so I’ve decided to pull the trigger on the V2.

Posted:

BOOMSHAKALAKA

• Jeff_MJeff_M Members  15WRX Points: 21Handicap: 4Posts: 15 Bunkers

Sweet, thanks for the reply and info! I got the V2 as well, Golficity had a $20 discount code I found, v2golficity code on Shot Scope's website if anyone else is getting one.

Posted:

CLUTCH thanks for the code, I learned about shot scope from Golficity and still never knew there was a discount code.

Posted:

BOOMSHAKALAKA

• macedanmacedan Members  423WRX Points: 131Handicap: 18Posts: 423 Greens

No complaints with my shot scope, I'd had it for about a year before getting my Apple Watch. I'd only ever had one round where it missed strokes and despite the size never had a problem with comfort. However, now that I have my Apple Watch I hardly seem to use my shotscope unless it is on a course that 18Birdies has not mapped yet.

Posted:
    TaylorMade M2 '17 10.5*
    Taylormade M2 3W 15*
    Taylormade Aeroburner 5W 18*
    Taylormade P790 (4-PW)
    Taylormade Milled Grind 50/09
    Taylormade Milled Grind 54/11
    Taylormade Milled Grind 58/11
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black
    Ball: Taylormade Project A
    Bag: Taylormade Flextech Crossover
    Cart: TGW Players 

Any one have any advice on what to do about the putter tag when you have a superstroke tech port? Can’t even get it to screw in the hole is so small, maybe thinking drill it out a little?

Posted:

BOOMSHAKALAKA

Advertisement
  • mxkemmxkem Members  51WRX Points: 53Handicap: 20Posts: 51 Bunkers

What I did was to cut off the screws from the tag and superglued the tag to the putter. The only disadvantage is if you need to adjust the weight. Make sure you're happy your setup before glueing the tag onto the putter. Been working fine for he last three years.

Posted:
  • ThinkingPlusThinkingPlus South TexasClubWRX  2651WRX Points: 1,665Handicap: +2.2Posts: 2,651 ClubWRX

I cut off the screw, glued velcro to the bottom, and added velcro to the tops of the weights and cover. I cut a hole in the velcro attached to the weights and cover with a paper hole punch so that the tool had access to screw things in. It all seems to work fine.

Posted:
    Driver: Callaway GBB Epic 8° w/Project X HZRDUS T800 65 gm 6.0 flex
    3W: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Evenflow 5.5 Graphite R-flex
    Hybrids: Callaway Apex 3h, 4h w/MR Kuro Kage 80HY S-flex
    Irons: Maltby TS-1 5i-GW w/KBS Tour R-flex
    Sand Wedge: Jim Kronus JK-1 Custom Grind 54/06 w/DG S200
    Lob Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM6 58/04 L Grind w/TT Wedge Flex
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X w/Super Stroke Claw 1.0
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1X in yellow

I will end up doing this as im not 100% set on the weight yet. Mind posting some pics just so i know i have the right idea?

Posted:

BOOMSHAKALAKA

• ThinkingPlusThinkingPlus South TexasClubWRX  2651WRX Points: 1,665Handicap: +2.2Posts: 2,651 ClubWRX

I purchased adhesive backed velcro about 3/4" or 1" diameter circular dots (you can get this at craft/hobby or fabric stores - Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Jo-Ann Fabrics, maybe Wal-Mart, etc...). I stuck the hook side to the putter sensor after cutting off the screw part. I punched holes with a paper hole punch in the loop part then stuck it on the various weights and blank plate. See pics below. If you need more detail let me know.

Posted:
    Driver: Callaway GBB Epic 8° w/Project X HZRDUS T800 65 gm 6.0 flex
    3W: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Evenflow 5.5 Graphite R-flex
    Hybrids: Callaway Apex 3h, 4h w/MR Kuro Kage 80HY S-flex
    Irons: Maltby TS-1 5i-GW w/KBS Tour R-flex
    Sand Wedge: Jim Kronus JK-1 Custom Grind 54/06 w/DG S200
    Lob Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM6 58/04 L Grind w/TT Wedge Flex
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X w/Super Stroke Claw 1.0
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1X in yellow
  • PhilomathesqPhilomathesq Legal EagleMembers  1050WRX Points: 1,272Handicap: My tolerance for stupidity.Posts: 1,050 Platinum Tees

To the extent that anyone is concerned with the size of the V2, I've yet to even notice I'm wearing it when I play (aside from when I have to tell it I sunk a putt). I was worried when I first saw the size, but it quickly becomes an afterthought once you are on the course. And, even if it were a bother, which it is not, I'd still use it do the the treasure trove of data you get without any real effort.

Posted:

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* w/ Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited 70 O5
    3-Wood: TaylorMade M5 15* w/ Oban Devotion 8 O5
    Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5
    4i - 9i: Callaway Apex MB w/ KBS C-Taper 130X
    Wedges: Jaws MD5 46/10S, 50/10S, 54/8C, 58/8W, all w/ DG TI S400
    Putter: Lajosi Custom DD201WB w/ Stability Shaft
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1827210/philomathesqs-whats-in-the-bag

Advertisement
  • bhj83bhj83 Kansas CityMembers  921WRX Points: 162Handicap: 1.4Posts: 921 Golden Tee

Got an email about something TOP SECRET from ShotScope and sure enough it was the V3. Much smaller (think Apple Watch-ish size), color screen, 10+ hour golf battery life and 3 day every day watch batter life. I've included the link below but I think it only works if you already had a ShotScope V2 and/or account set up because it requires email address to enter. Preorder special for just $139.99 and ships end of May. I actually sold my V2 a while back because I couldn't stand the clunkiness and poor battery life (I do 36 holes in a day many times throughout the year) but it looks like they may have addressed my concerns so I went ahead and preordered.

https://shotscope.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=833901bcebf1b73751eaecfbd&id=ed17ad66ac&e=6e39618291

Posted:
    Cobra F9 9.0 Tour Length
    Cobra F9 3-4W 14.5
    Srixon U85 18
    Srixon Z785 4-PW
    Cleveland RTX 4 50, 56, 62
    Evnroll ER1.2
    Titleist ProV1X | Srixon Z Star
    Bushnell Hybrid Rangefinder
  • jdang307jdang307 Members  219WRX Points: 46Posts: 219 Fairways

Hey, they made you swear and promise not to post on social media ;)

Yes going to pre-order and sell this one. It's a small nit but I hate where the charging port is on the current watch. The bands keep curling is on it when I'm trying to plug it in. Hopefully it's on the side but who knows. The biggest thing are the preloaded courses. I friggin always forget to upload the course when I go to a new one. Sometimes the bluetooth uploading through iOS lags or stalls, leaving me without a GPS at times.

Posted:
  • Lomo SaltadoLomo Saltado Members  107WRX Points: 71Posts: 107 Fairways

I got that email and it clearly states TOP SECRET. How dare you!! All that said I went ahead and pre-ordered also.

Posted:
  • tbowles411tbowles411 ClubWRX  25731WRX Points: 867Handicap: GolfPosts: 25,731 Titanium Tees

I too would like the TOP SECRET email. I'll try the link... 😉

Posted:
    G410 9 Degree - Accra FX 2.0
    G410 3, 5 & 9 Woods - Accra FX 2.0
    G410 4-5 Hybrids - Accra 80i
    G410 6-UW - Accra 80i
    Glide 3.0 54WS, 58WS Accra 80i
    PING Bruzer
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
    (MY HYBRIDS, IRONS & WEDGES HAVE BEEN STOLEN BY MY SON)

• jtoddn1983jtoddn1983 Members  2WRX Points: 40Posts: 2 Starters

Got the email as well and decided to pre-order the V3. Enjoyed my V2 and still have it, but I have all the same complaints as bhj83. The V3 looks like it resolves all of those and has the courses pre-loaded so I am excited to give it a try!

Posted:

Advertisement
  • arpitguptaarpitgupta Members  5WRX Points: 47Posts: 5 Bunkers

Was planning on waiting till it came out but only made it to afternoon and pre ordered one :D.

Posted:
  • MychMych Members  2291WRX Points: 450Posts: 2,291 Platinum Tees

I use a SS Claw 2.0, so the end is pistol shaped. I had room to drill a little hole beside the weight port and screw the tag in. It has been super solid, no issues.

Also pre-ordered the v3. One of my favorite golf accessories. Hopefully they decreased the charging time.

Posted:
    "Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
    WITB: Cobra F9 9.5 ~ Ping Anser 4w ~ Ping G30 3h ~ Cobra Forged Tec One 3i ~ Cobra King Forged One 4-P ~ Cobra King 50-V, 56-WL ~ Ping Sigma G Piper 3

Gotta be friggin kidding me.... received my v2 last week after they said they didn’t have a release date any time soon .....

Edit: at least I’ll be able to appreciate the V3 more when I get my hands on it in may.

Posted:
    Post edited by Bentron on

BOOMSHAKALAKA

• JunglelandJungleland Members  624WRX Points: 124Handicap: 9Posts: 624 Golden Tee

Did not receive the email, pretty disappointing as I’ve bought 3 of these watches from them now.

Posted:

In order to be eligible for the pre order you had to have an active account as of November 29th 2019, and have two rounds on the account. Try the link listed above?

Posted:

BOOMSHAKALAKA

Advertisement
  • JunglelandJungleland Members  624WRX Points: 124Handicap: 9Posts: 624 Golden Tee

Thanks man - the graphic/link wasn’t showing up on my phone. Was able to get through and place an order. $139 is a good deal

Posted:
  • StehalStehal Members  59WRX Points: 11Handicap: 15.5Posts: 59 Bunkers

Following with interest. Planning on getting one of these. I traded a friend for the V2 and used it for a short spell but only for yardages and I did set up the clubs but never posted any rounds. I just wasn't that comfortable with it so actually went back to using my old skycaddie SGX and gave it to one of the kids. Sounds like this could address my issues with size and battery. Fingers crossed.

Posted:
    Post edited by Stehal on
  • jdang307jdang307 Members  219WRX Points: 46Posts: 219 Fairways

Still in the return window? I would return it. Haha.

Posted:

Advertisement

Meh I’ll end up using it a lot between now and May so worth it to keep it.

Posted:

BOOMSHAKALAKA

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.