Cleveland RTX4>Vokeys?

2»

Comments

• Hall401Hall401 Members  128WRX Points: 41Handicap: 7.8Posts: 128 Fairways

You can’t beat that. I’m in the same boat. First baby boy on the way so dare I say I’m being a little careful with new golf purchases. The price is just too good and my wedges are coming up on 2 or so years old. Can’t see myself dropping $450+ on 3 new wedges with a baby on the way.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • drvrwdgedrvrwdge Members  2593WRX Points: 252Handicap: +.7Posts: 2,593 Titanium Tees

I went to the RTX4 from Ping Glide 2.0 Stealths and couldnt be happier. The pings were great, maybe a bit more forgiving but I fell the RTX4 is more versatile. I get the Ping staffers play their wedges and can do anything they need to with them but A they are pros and B I can almost guarantee they have some sort of custom grind work done. I went with the Mid bounce in the 50/54 and low in the 58. The RTX4 grind reminds me of a Cally C grind and I guess the Vokey M? leading edge isnt straight but there is plenty of heel and toe relief to hit a multitude of shots. As mentioned before I think they are a bit heavier as well and thus feel a little more solid. I went with the KBS 610 in mine and it was no upcharge. I am also a very big believer in the V-sole from Srixon.

Haven't played Vokey in forever as I feel there are better options out there for far less $$

Posted:
    Taylormade SIM 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
    Taylormade M6 Tensei Pro Orange V3 70TX
    Srixon U85 20* Recoil 95 F
    TBD
    Cleveland RTX4 50/54/58 KBS 610 125
    Ping Sigma 2 Tyne Steath, Stealth shaft. PP58 Black Cord
    '19 Pro V1x
    Jones Player Series Heather Brown
  • bigred90gtbigred90gt Lefty Boomers  4904WRX Points: 623Posts: 4,904 Titanium Tees
    Posted:

V-sole for the win! Opened up a whole new feeling for me. Could benefit a lot of golfers and Srixon I believe is one of the most underrated golf companies. I like being the outcast of the groups with their Titleist and ping irons. Dare I say the Z forged actually feel just like my Mizuno and Miuras??

Posted:
  • moorebaseballmoorebaseball Members  556WRX Points: 75Posts: 556 Golden Tee

I can't wait to try the Wilson forged wedges this year!

Posted:
  • zdtallanzdtallan MarylandMembers  119WRX Points: 66Handicap: 3.2Posts: 119 Fairways

Maybe marginally softer than a typical chrome finish. I assume that without the protection of a hardened, plated finish they may wear quicker but i have not personally noticed in spin reduction or increased wear patterns. If you play/practice daily it may come in to play but I havent experienced anything as of yet.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • RainShadowRainShadow Tucson AZ (for now)Members  4150WRX Points: 476Handicap: 8.2Posts: 4,150 Titanium Tees

I switched from RTX4’s to SM7’s.

hated the RTX4 grinds and for me, the S400 was too heavy and lacked feel.

Very happy with the Vokey’s, and I hadn’t liked them for years, since the last oil can offering....

Posted:
    Ping G400 10.5 (9.5) Hzrdus Yellow 75 5.5
    Callaway Rogue 17* 4wd Atmos Blue TS 70  
    Ping G410 19*, 22* & 26* Tensei CK Pro Blue 80
    Cobra Forged Tec Black 6-GW SteelFiber i95CW R (2019 Forged Tec Modus 105 R trial run ) 
    Vokey SM7 50/8 F
    Vokey SM7 54/8 M 
    Vokey SM7 58/8 M 
    Toulon Madison H1 neck (L)/ Bettinardi BB1/ '16 Tiki
     Bridgestone Tour B RXS / ProV1 / Snell MTB Black

Thanks for your feedback. 2moro I’ll have the chance to test side by side. Hopefully I’m more certain after that.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.