Aeroburner to M4 Driver, Worth It?

Twism86 ·  
Twism86Twism86  449WRX Points: 78Members Posts: 449

I am currently gaming a TM Aeroburner 9.5* driver, stiff shaft. We dont always get along but that is more about my swing as I tend to slice it. With the newest releases hitting the market the M4 prices have dropped a lot so is it worth considering? I have hit my friends M3 and liked it but I think I can do without the adjustability. Also, as someone who slices the ball is the D-type worth looking into or just get the normal one and work on my swing?

Thanks!

Posted:
TM AeroBurner 9.5*
TM SpeedBlades 4-PW
Odyssey White Hot RX #1
A bunch of random wedges

Comments

• ChipNRunChipNRun  1953WRX Points: 414Members Posts: 1,953

You might lead off with a driver tune-up lesson to see if the slice is mainly swing-related. Make sure it's not a grip or a stance set-up issue.

Then, do a side-by-side with the two drivers and see which one wins.

Posted:
    What's In The Bag *...

Driver: Calla XR16 Pro 10.5° (set open) / Fuji Evolution II TS Speeder 665 R-flex 63 gr.
    FWs: Tour Edge XRail 4W + 7W / GraphiteDesign G60 R-flex 60 gr.
    or Calla Alpha 815, set 16° + 20° / Fuji Motore Speeder 665 R-flex 62 gr.
    Hybrid: Cobra FlyZ 3H 19° + 4H 22° / Matrix VLCT Altus Lite flex 73 gr.
    Irons: Tour Edge CB Pro Tungsten 4i - PW** / KBS Tour 90 R-flex 101 gr.
           4i refitted with SteelFiber 780 HLS Hybrid shaft R Flex 75 gr.
    Wedge: Calla MD3 48°/8.SS + 54°/12.WS + MD.PM 60°/10  | KBS Tour R-flex 110 gr.  | Note: MD4 58°/8.C-grind may replace MD/PM
    Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne (face-balanced) / 34" w. Ping Pistol PP60 grip (stock)
    Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag
    Ball: Calla SuperHot - orange
    * Either 7W or 3H left out, depending on course and season.
    ** Wedges: 46°and 48°are competing for bag space.
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • defender2803defender2803 Handicap...it's over 9000!!  247WRX Points: 64Handicap: 9001Members Posts: 247

Swing, swing, swing....first step.

Have your swing checked as suggested already. Slice is a pretty common feature in the golfer population.

After that. Is the Aeroburner stock? Could be too long and cause a slice. You will probably get the same thing from a new driver since they are the same length. I marked my driver at 44" on the grip... :| Better control. But check swing first before dropping dinero.

Posted:
    Ping G10 Draw
    Ping G10 3w
    Wilson Hybrid D200-2
    Wilson FG59 3-PW
    Wilson TC 52,56
    Evnroll ER1.1
    QuakeCon - Attendee, Volunteer, or Staff from 2004-present
  • Twism86Twism86  449WRX Points: 78Members Posts: 449

Yes a stock Aeroburner. It has been suggested that shortening it a bit could help.

Ive decided to take lessons this spring and focus on my driver first. $250 in lessons vs $250 on the M4 will probably see me hitting more fairways.

Posted:
    TM AeroBurner 9.5*
    TM SpeedBlades 4-PW
    Odyssey White Hot RX #1
    A bunch of random wedges
  • cgasuckscgasucks  2399WRX Points: 315Members Posts: 2,399

Your driver is fine, there's nothing wrong with it. Your swing is flawed. Get lessons.

Posted:
    10.5 deg Titleist 905R with stock UST Proforce V2 Shaft
    1999 Ben Hogan Apex Blades (3-PW) with stock Apex 4 Steel Shafts
    Taylormade V-Steel 5W & 3W with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shafts
    Taylormade ATV wedges in 54 and 58 degrees with stock steel shafts
    Rife Island Series Aruba Blade Putter

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.