***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

2020 Callaway Mavrik drivers, fairway woods, hybrids (in-hand pics)

Comments

• WarrickWarrick ClubWRX  11751WRX Points: 1,455Handicap: 7Posts: 11,751 ClubWRX

Ordered SZ 3+ with rogue white 70 this morning

Posted:
    GBB Ventus Black 6
    F9 Tour 3w-Ventus black 7
    F9 Tour 5w-Smoke 70
    F9 21* hybrid - ATMOS black 
    Mavrik Pro 5-A TT Elevate 
    MD5 53/58
    Toulon Portland Garage 
    TM TP5X 
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Hershey27Hershey27 Members  83WRX Points: 39Posts: 83 Fairways

Ordered the standard 3 wood and Max 5 wood. Super easy to hit. Callaway did a great job on the Mavrik lineup.

Posted:
  • Cruisin1966Cruisin1966 Calgary, ABClubWRX  1165WRX Points: 340Handicap: 6.7Posts: 1,165 ClubWRX

Mavrik (standard) 4 wood arrived yesterday. Hope to get it out to the range sometime today

Posted:

**Gamer Bag**
    Driver: Taylormade SIM Max @ 8º (9.5) w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S
    Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16.5º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 75S
    Hybrid: Titleist 818 H2 @ 20º w/ Atmos Blue HB TS 8S
    Irons: Miura 4-6 (TC-201), 7-PW (MB-101) w/ Mitsubishi MMT 105TX (ss*1)
    Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º
    Putter: Artisan 0117

**Retro Bag**
    Driver: Ping G LS Tec 9º
    Fairway: Titleist 915F 3W 15º
    Hybrid: Cobra Baffler Pro 2H 18º
    Irons: Taylormade RAC Forged TP CB 3-PW
    Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour PMP 52º; Nike VR Pro Forged Brushed Oxide Raw 58º
    Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach 1

• KmacKmac Members  858WRX Points: 185Posts: 858 Golden Tee

I agree with an above post about Epic Flash vs Mavrik if both being the same or even close in the numbers the Mavrik feel/sound is amazing and blows the Flash away. No more terrible aluminum bat sound when you happen to catch one in the middle. This year the SIM Max and Mavrik both sound and feel amazing. I went back to Callaway because for the life of me I cant turn over TM drivers and slice them off the planet.

What I'm not sure of is the shaft in my Mavrik. The Even Flow Blue was amazing with the Epic Flash SZ but in the Mavrik it seems to be spinning too much but I have no numbers to confirm. Pondering one of those KBS wood shafts just to try it.

Posted:
  • denvergolfdenvergolf Castle Pines, COMembers  1711WRX Points: 525Handicap: 1.2Posts: 1,711 Platinum Tees
    Posted:
    TaylorMade SIM, 9*, MRC Tensei Pro White - 70TX
    TaylorMade SIM TI, 15*, MRC Tensei Pro White - 80TX
    Callaway UT 3i, PX 6.0
    TaylorMade P7-TW, 4i-PW, DGTI X100
    Callaway Jaws MD5 raw 52S, 56S, 60T, DG TI S400
    Piretti GOAT
    TayloreMade TP5
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX  11751WRX Points: 1,455Handicap: 7Posts: 11,751 ClubWRX

Loving this Mavrik 7w, great feeling club.

Posted:
    GBB Ventus Black 6
    F9 Tour 5w-Smoke 70
    MD5 53/58
    Toulon Portland Garage 
    TM TP5X 

Advertisement
  • siamserpantsiamserpant Members  27WRX Points: 23Posts: 27 Bunkers

So happy to have tested these Drivers out! I have reviewed all three of them on my Youtube channel if anyone is interested.

Has anyone ordered a custom one yet? Would love to see what they look like if you have pictures.

Posted:
  • jeffrey rjeffrey r Members  2300WRX Points: 276Handicap: 13Posts: 2,300 Platinum Tees

Thanks for the youtube review. Interesting. You know, I should probably give the standard Mavrik head more of a chance compared to the Mav Max. Somewhat due to preconceived notions as you mention, I kind of focused my testing on the Max heads, even though I also picked up a 10.5* standard Mav head. Methinks more testing is to come.

Curious what lofts you were hitting in the three heads?

Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik 10.5* Driver, Graphite Design G Series 60 R
    Callaway Big Bertha Epic 3 and 5 Woods, Accra Fx 2.0 200F M3
    Callaway Big Bertha ‘19 4 Hybrid, KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 65 R
    Mizuno JPX 919 HM Irons 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber 110 R
    PXG 0311 SW (54/14) and LW (58/12), TT Elevate Tour S
    Scotty Cameron 009-M Putter

• Cruisin1966Cruisin1966 Calgary, ABClubWRX  1165WRX Points: 340Handicap: 6.7Posts: 1,165 ClubWRX
    Posted:

**Gamer Bag**

**Retro Bag**

Nice! Does the headcover get matched to colours you order on the head? or is yours the same by coincidence?

Posted:

Thanks man appreciate the feedback! I still have not got a new driver for 2020 yet as I need to do more testing myself. So many good options out at the moment.

I started out with the Max in 10.5 but then swapped and did all of the testing with 9* heads. It might say 10.5 on the screen for the Max but it is a 9* head. Sorry I should have mentioned this in the video. I'm new so still learning haha

Posted:

Advertisement

I believe the custom drivers get this head cover. Mine matched purely by luck

Posted:

**Gamer Bag**

**Retro Bag**

• jeffrey rjeffrey r Members  2300WRX Points: 276Handicap: 13Posts: 2,300 Platinum Tees

All good. So I am on a golf trip in Arizona right now. And your review inspired me to bring both my standard Mavrik 10.5* head, as well as my Mav Max 9* head. I had pretty much relegated the standard Mav head to the sidelines, while I was focusing almost entirely on the Mav Max. But I was hitting both heads at the range today before my first round on the trip, and the standard Mav head was showing out more than the Mav Max. And in fairness, the Mav Max hasn’t blown me away with consistency in the few rounds I have had it in play back home.

I really gave the standard Mav a good run during the round today, and it was great. The thing with the Mav Max is, I spend so much time with the weights—heavy weight in heel, then heavy weight in back, then different weights, etc. And I don’t seem to get comfortable. Whereas the standard Mav head just has the one weight, so once you get that dialed in for the swing weight you want, and find a hosel setting that works, it just takes the thinking and second-guessing out of the equation. Just rip it, and it either works or it doesn’t. But this standard Mav head was working today. Will give it another run tomorrow. YMMV.

Posted:

• MiuraWanKinobiMiuraWanKinobi Members  3WRX Points: 11Posts: 3 Starters

Got my custom order finally, absolutely love it

Why Callaway made the flash with that horrible line on the crown is beyond me.

Ventus 6x Black/Tensei CK Orange 70 TX still deciding on shaft after some trackman testing.

Posted:
  • My2DogsMy2Dogs Members  1325WRX Points: 233Posts: 1,325 Platinum Tees

just got in a tour issued Mavrik 3 wood with a Ventus Red 7X. Unfortunately I’ve been sick the last few days (self quarantine) but now my younger son also is sick and it’s been raining for the past 3 days so no range time either. So unfortunately I haven’t had the chance to test it out yet, except swinging in the garage but they both feel great. I purchased a regular Mavrik head off a whim from someone on the BST and paired it with a Ventus Black 6X. It was a beast and could easily hit both fades and draws. Felt a bit light and sent it to J13 to have some hot melt to get the weight up. Supposed to play Wednesday and I cannot wait as the driver was very nice and I loved the sound and feel. That’s going to change a bit with the hot melt but I’ve always liked when drivers have hot melt so I don’t think this will be any different.

forgot to state the Tour Issued Mavrik 3 wood is 14.9* and 1 degree open but looks square when I’ve put it behind the ball. Much smaller than my tour issued Flash from last year and smaller than the stock Flash SZ 3 wood I have. I like the look of a smaller more compact head as I like to hit them both off the tee and off the deck. Nice and shallow head as well, which I like.

driver is stock and 9*. Have it at standard and neutral and had the weight set in neutral.

Posted:
    Driver: Mavrik Triple Diamond 9*- Ventus Black 6X
    3 wood: Callaway Tour Issued Mavrik - Ventus Red 7X
    Hybrid: TM SIM 19*  Gost X-Flex
    4i PXG Gen2 Utility Iron DG X100
    5-GW PXG Gen3 DG X100. (5 and 6 Players, 7-GW Tour)
    Callaway MD4 Tactical 54* bent to 55* SW
    Vokey SM8 60* LW
    Odyssey EXO 7S, 35inch
  • AThompson_3AThompson_3 Members  1570WRX Points: 192Posts: 1,570 Platinum Tees

How long have custom orders been taking to come in? Didn't order the custom where you pick the colors and everything just a non stock shaft. Ordered SZ Driver and 3 wood. Just curious how long they take to come.

Posted:
    Driver: Callaway Mavrik SZ 9* Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 6TX
    3 Wood: Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* EvenFlow Black 75 X
    DI: Callaway X-Forged UT 18*  Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Black 9X
    Irons: Titleist T100 4-9 Nippon Modus3 130X
    Wedges: Vokey SM8 46F, 50F, 55S, 60M Project X 6.5
    Putter(s): Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2, Odyssey White Hot Pro V-Line, Nike Method 001
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour Bx
    Bag: Vessel Players Stand 2.0 14 Way

Advertisement

I ordered a 3+ SZ with different grip on 3/6, is loaded for delivery today

Posted:
    GBB Ventus Black 6
    F9 Tour 5w-Smoke 70
    MD5 53/58
    Toulon Portland Garage 
    TM TP5X 
  • AThompson_3AThompson_3 Members  1570WRX Points: 192Posts: 1,570 Platinum Tees

Good. I put my order in on 3/7 so should hopefully receive sometime this week.

Posted:
    Driver: Callaway Mavrik SZ 9* Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 6TX
    3 Wood: Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* EvenFlow Black 75 X
    DI: Callaway X-Forged UT 18*  Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Black 9X
    Irons: Titleist T100 4-9 Nippon Modus3 130X
    Wedges: Vokey SM8 46F, 50F, 55S, 60M Project X 6.5
    Putter(s): Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2, Odyssey White Hot Pro V-Line, Nike Method 001
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour Bx
    Bag: Vessel Players Stand 2.0 14 Way
  • My2DogsMy2Dogs Members  1325WRX Points: 233Posts: 1,325 Platinum Tees

Finally hit the Mavrik 3 wood with the Ventus Red on the range yesterday. Wow, so nice. My swing was rusty after being sick and not playing for a bit. Still was hitting it well. Very compact and shallow face. Glad I went and hit a few. An hour after I got home the county put out an order for lockdown. Then the Governor asked that the whole state stay inside, except for essential needs (grocery store, meds, gas, etc). Golf courses and ranges all closed today for 2 weeks and possibly longer.

I was hitting the tour issued Mavrik 3 wood vs my Tour Issued Flash. Mavrik has a Ventus Red 7X and Flash has Ventus Blue 7X. The Mavrik was just solid and a little smaller head than the Flash. Sits nice and shallow behind the ball for easy shots off the deck.

could be the head as it’s a fixed hosel and the Flash has the adjustable but the Mavrik was a little longer. Since it was the same day and same swing it was a good comparison for me.

Posted:
    Driver: Mavrik Triple Diamond 9*- Ventus Black 6X
    3 wood: Callaway Tour Issued Mavrik - Ventus Red 7X
    Hybrid: TM SIM 19*  Gost X-Flex
    4i PXG Gen2 Utility Iron DG X100
    5-GW PXG Gen3 DG X100. (5 and 6 Players, 7-GW Tour)
    Callaway MD4 Tactical 54* bent to 55* SW
    Vokey SM8 60* LW
    Odyssey EXO 7S, 35inch
  • richg104richg104 Members  10WRX Points: 25Handicap: 5.0Posts: 10 Bunkers

Does anyone know why the Mavrik fairway woods have a fixed hosel instead of adjustable like the Epic Flash

Posted:
  • SMUGamerSMUGamer Members  796WRX Points: 221Posts: 796 Golden Tee

To save weight and redistribute the weight in the right areas such as low and forward or the back of the club head depending on CG club design.

Posted:

Advertisement

Plus, these days, they generally have one fixed hosel FW (Mavrik), and one adjustable FW (Epic Flash) on the market at the same time. Different strokes for different folks. I have some Mav Max fairways which are really good, and also some GBB Epic fairways which are excellent as well.

Posted:

• KmacKmac Members  858WRX Points: 185Posts: 858 Golden Tee

Anyone playing the hybird? How interested in going left is it and how far left?

Posted:
  • radimanradiman Members  4895WRX Points: 418Handicap: 3.8Posts: 4,895 Titanium Tees

I've hit the pro hybrid and found it to be kind of face biased honestly. Just not a hybrid guy myself.

Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9* HZRDUS Smoke Green "The Hulk" 60 6.5TX
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* Evenflow Black 75 6.5
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 52, 56, 60
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
  • VictorValiantVictorValiant Members  42WRX Points: 21Posts: 42 Bunkers

I'm playing the Pro hybrid. I've played Callaway hybrids before and the Pro is far less left biased than their other hybrids. I liked the 4h so much I grabbed the 3h as well. I'm also now thinking of grabbing the 4i as I enjoy hitting the 5i so much.

Posted:
    G400 Max | 10.5 | -1°| HZRDUS Smoke Yellow | 75S 
    Mavrik Standard | 4w | 16.5°| Evenflow Riptide | 70S
    Mavrik Pro | 3H | 20°| Catalyst HYB | 70S
    Mavrik Pro | 4H | 23°| Catalyst HL | 75S
    Mavrik Pro | 5-AW | LZ | 105S
    MD4 | 52s | 56w | 60x | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue (Red) | S200
    Stroke Lab Double Wide

• Kye123Kye123 Members  372WRX Points: 67Posts: 372 Greens

I just got fit for the SubZero with the Smoke 60 (s). A tad tentative to pull the trigger but I probably will by the end of the week. Quite a big jump up from my original M1. Only issue I may get refit as they didn't have a standard Mavrik to try...

Posted:

Advertisement
  • ShowMeShowMe Members  546WRX Points: 96Handicap: 1.4Posts: 546 Golden Tee

My Mavrik is a hook machine. I've tried 6 different shafts in it. Sending it back.

Posted:
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist TS3 9.5* Diamana D+ Limited 70X[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 13.5* [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Diamana D+ Limited 80X[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 18* [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Diamana D+ Limited 80X[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist 816H2 23* Speeder HB 8.8 TS[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping i210 5-UW Steelfiber i80 S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping Glide 2.0 SS 56* Steelfiber i80 S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Scottie Newport M2[/font]
  • goheels11goheels11 ClubWRX  607WRX Points: 238Handicap: 2Posts: 607 ClubWRX

@ShowMe What model Mavrik did you have?

Posted:
  • glageglage Members  14WRX Points: 16Handicap: 21Posts: 14 Bunkers

Must’ve been the same one I had because I had the exact same problem. I had a Maverik Max 10.5. Sold it and stayed with my Epic Flash. For whatever reason the Epic is straight and a fairway finder.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • goheels11goheels11 ClubWRX  607WRX Points: 238Handicap: 2Posts: 607 ClubWRX
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.