Hybrid Clubs

GolfmadRon ·  
GolfmadRonGolfmadRon  2WRX Points: 5Members Posts: 2

Hi. Im just starting to learn the game. I have bought a set if Hybrid Clubs 3456789 PW SW I am wondering if there are Hybrid Clubs equivalent of Woods ie 3 4 5 woods ? Stupid question no doubt but as i say just starting to learn this difficult game.

Posted:

Comments

• ephmenephmen  284WRX Points: 99Members Posts: 284

Hey Ron, so below a 3 you are really talking more about degrees of loft. You can find lower lofted hybrids, but you may find fairway woods easier to hit. If at all possible, try to take some lessons and develop your swing before spending too much on clubs. Good luck and welcome to a great adventure.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • GolfmadRonGolfmadRon  2WRX Points: 5Members Posts: 2

Hi and thanks. Im taking lessons and on drive Range as often as possible. I havent spent a lot the clubs were 2nd hand. Im just bit confused as to whether there are Hybrid equivalents to 3 4 5 woods.

Posted:
  • scooterhd2scooterhd2  559WRX Points: 143Members Posts: 559

Hybrids are essentially a mix between woods and irons. The head shape is larger than a iron and smaller than a wood. The shaft is longer than an iron, but shorter than a wood. A hybrid will generally go further than a similarly lofted iron, and less far than a similarly lofted wood. Usually hybrids are not as strong in loft as woods. So a 3 wood is generally 15 degrees and a 3 hybrid would be more like 19 degrees. A 5 wood hovers around 18-19 degrees, whereas a 5 hybrid is more likely to be 25 degrees or so. In this case the 3 hybrid will not replace the 3 wood at all. The 5 hybrid would be not replace the 5 wood at all. However, the 3 hybrid may replace a 5 wood, because the lofts are so similar. Depends on how to player launches the ball.

Posted:
  • NorbooNorboo  2319WRX Points: 151Handicap: 12Members Posts: 2,319

Generally speaking, 2 hybrid = 5 wood.

Posted:
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 10.5 Stock Alta (need shaft fitting)
    Fairway Wood: Ryoma F3 and F5
    Hybrid: TaylorMade M6 4H
    Irons: OnOff Kuro 2015 6 - PW
    Wedge: Cleveland CBX2 50, RTX4 54 and 58
    Putter: S.C. GoLo 3
    Ball: TaylorMade TP5X
    Club hoe, builder, fitter and tester as hobbyist since 1993

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.