2020 PGA Merchandise Show Coverage.... Here.

Help me choose the right mallet

PingPoncho ·  
PingPonchoPingPoncho PingPoncho 1420WRX Points: 100Members Posts: 1,420

Thinking about buying either the the PXG Gen 2 Gunboat or PXG Mini Gunboat or PXG Bat Attack.

If you have purchased or tried one of these putters, I would really appreciate any feedback you can provide on how they worked for you. Good feel, Distance, weight, alignment etc.

Posted:

Comments

• MattM97MattM97  766WRX Points: 341Members Posts: 766

Gunboat or Bat Attack just from pics, would have to see at address but would probably pick the Operator myself.

Posted:
    WITB - Lefty
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus - 9° Draw - Tour 65S
    Fariway: Cobra F7 - 15.5° Draw - Tensei Blue 65S
    Hybrid: Ping G410 - 19° - Alta CB 70R
    Irons: Srixon Z585 - 4i to 7i - Z785 - 8i to PW - AMT Tour White S300
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 51° - Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56° - Ping Glide 60°
    Putter Rotation: Edel E-3 - Miura KM-006LH - Toulon Sand Diego - and many more.
    Balls: TaylorMade TP5X
    Bag: Ping Pioneer
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • mcmacmcmac  62WRX Points: 26Members Posts: 62

Well, as you know, putters can be a personal thing for most of us. However, I did test both the Gunboat and the Bat Attack during my fitting. I chose the Bat Attach primarily based on how it helped me align the face to my putting line. The good news is the milled faces on the Gens 2 feel outstanding. So my advice would be to get them in your hand and try them out and see what fits your eye and feel.

For what its worth, I also picked up the Gen 1 Mustang and think its probably even better (for me) than the Bat.... but the feel Gen 1 feel doesn't compare to the feel of the Gen 2's. The Mustang has similar alignment queues that help me square up the putter face.

As MattM97 says... probably need to check out the Operator as well.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.