2020 PGA Merchandise Show Coverage.... Here.

Honma

swizz ·  
swizzswizz  65WRX Points: 29Handicap: 1.3Members Posts: 65

They had a demo day at my club today. Never hit anything from them before but just wanted to give a shout out because the TW Rose Proto irons were the best feeling irons I’ve ever hit. They were on another level. I just got the t100s a couple months ago and I’m kicking myself for not checking these out before I bought. This may be old news but he told me they are releasing a new set of those at the PGA show this year.

I also hit their wedges and they were good but didn’t really see all the hype from the **** wedge test. He did hint they were coming out with their wedges in raw for 2020.

just thought I would pass along.

Posted:

Comments

• mowakebummowakebum Mowakebum  54WRX Points: 31Members Posts: 54

I got fitted for the TW 747V irons this year at Club Champion. Never heard much about them before Rose other then super expensive. The 747’s are amazing. I’ve been a big fan of them. Played about ten rounds with them. Super consistent and distance wise they keep up with the 19 Apex and the 790. But the fitter I had was great there and really informative. The numbers were just consistently better. I’d definitely recommend them.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • ephmenephmen  289WRX Points: 101Members Posts: 289

New xp hybrids are amazing!

Posted:
  • tpgrrr1tpgrrr1 GREETINGS FROM ASBURY PARK! 357WRX Points: 99Handicap: 11.2Members Posts: 357

In August of 2019 I stopped in PGATSS in Ga. I had seen pictures of the TW Rose Proto irons on here and thought they looked good. When I put them on the floor and looked down at them I immediately fell in love with them and had to get them. The feel is EXCELLENT but the look at address is what sold me. I've played 5 rounds with them and they are definitely staying in my bag! Good luck with your journey.

Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5° TENSI BLUE 67g 6/17/19
    Srixon Z F85  fwy 13.5°, 18° HZRDUS 6.0 62g 9/15/19
    TaylorMade M4 Hyb 22° 4/1/19
    Honma  T // World Rose Proto 5-10 iron
     N.S. PRO MODUS 3 TOUR 120  S 8/8/19
    Bettinardi Studio Stock 2
    3/7/19
    TaylorMade Mill Grind 50° 07/17/18, TaylorMade Mill Grind 54° 4/12/19, TaylorMade
    Mill Grind 58° 07/17/18
    Titleist ProV1x Grips Golf Pride Z-Grip cord align midsize Glove FJ Pure Touch Limited L
    Callaway Epic Star
    staff bag
    Titleist Players 4 stand bag
    Jan Craig headcovers
    Adidas Tour 360 Boost 2.0
  • Natural1Natural1  126WRX Points: 82Members Posts: 126

747v is a fantastic iron. Just a great looking, great feeling, forged cavity back with all the predictability you expect. And for me, the reduced offset vs everything else I've played over the past 5 years or so has almost eliminated my hard left miss.

If you are looking for a no frills forged iron I don't think you can do better. And if you want more traditional lofts, these are very easy to bend.

Posted:
  • flushemflushem  1912WRX Points: 356Handicap: 11.5Members Posts: 1,912

another praise report of 747v irons. I upgraded from Mizuno GI irons. feel is so much softer but bit more challenging to hit. distance control is amazingly consistent. So far I have saved average 2.75 strokes.

Posted:
  • Jim53Jim53  39WRX Points: 43Members Posts: 39

Has anyone had the TR20 irons in hand? the V Model looks pretty good, I wonder if it is actually made in Japan or Tiawan?

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.