Mizuno T20 Wedges Long Term Review

themasters78 ·  
themasters78themasters78  17WRX Points: 15Members Posts: 17

Now that these have been out for a while can anyone give real on course reviews?

Spin, Feel, Distance, ...

I'm looking for a 52.09 56.10 and 60.10 combo to replace my 52f 56s 60s SM7 that are toast.

Possibly moving to MP20 blades so I wanted to see if the wedges are as good as the irons

Thanks!!

Posted:

Comments

• C6 SnowboarderC6 Snowboarder  26WRX Points: 28Handicap: 6.6Members Posts: 26

I play both - T 20 in 56 and 50 and also the Mp-20 MB -- it is a great set - Wedges are dead on accurate. they feel like hitting a marshmallow plus you can mount them on the wall and call them Art

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • kgeorge78kgeorge78  7929WRX Points: 300Members Posts: 7,929

i demoed them for a round or two.

They performed great. The feel was iffy but it was cold that week so honestly I don't know how they feel.

I would have no problem using them and still might in 2020 . They are on the smaller side as well.

Posted:
  • VGK57VGK57  6WRX Points: 10Members Posts: 6

I got the 50 / 55 / 60 right after they came out, and have been beyond pleased with them. As a previous post mentioned, the feel isn't as great as I would have imagined. It's not that it's bad, it's just not the best feel I've had in wedges, and just may be a personal preference. But the performance has been outstanding in terms of spin and accuracy, plus I really love the look of them.

Posted:
  • JoeFrigoJoeFrigo  265WRX Points: 123Handicap: 6.4Members Posts: 265

like the others mentioned they're not the absoulte softest wedges around but theyre still soft. I love them personally.. I first got the Taylormade MG2 wedges late August in 50,54,58 and in October got the T20's in 52,56,60

I like the T20's more. They have a lower flight which I prefer in wedges. I think you can make an argument for either wedge in terms of spin, but the t20's do seem to have better stopping power out of wet grass. To me the MG's have slightly better feel....but again the t20's still feel really good and the performance will keep them in the bag.

The only thing I dont like about the t20's are the loft stampings on the club. It has nothing to do with performance, but its weird looking at the sole of the club and nothing is there. Small pain in the butt looking at the back toe of the club to find your loft

Posted:

Callaway Mavrik SZ 10.5* Ventus Black 60x....... TM M5 9* LA Golf Ozik Black Tie 60tx
    Callaway Super Hybrid 17* Tensei Pro Orange 80tx
    TM P790 UDI Tensei Pro Orange 90tx.... Callaways Epic Flash 20* Tensei Pro Orange 80tx
    Mizuno MP 20 MMC 4 - P Aerotech Steelfiber FC 115 F5
    Mizuno T20 52,56,60 Aerotech Steelfiber 110 F5
    Bettinardi 2019 Queen B#6

• ry1808ry1808  402WRX Points: 61Handicap: 0.1Members Posts: 402

As soon as they offer more lofts in a RAW finish they'll be in my bag! At this rate I'll end up picking some up when I go home to the UK before they are released in NA!

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.