2020 PGA Merchandise Show Coverage.... Here.

Why did you sell your PXG putter?

PingPoncho ·  
PingPonchoPingPoncho PingPoncho 1420WRX Points: 100Members Posts: 1,420

I see a lot of the PXG putters (Gunboats etc) are for sale. I did not get much feedback when I asked about how you liked them.

Can you help me out since I know you have bought them.

What didn't you like about them? (Sound, Feel, Weight, Cost, Performance, Alignment, Shape)

What kind of stroke do you have and what model did you buy and is that why you are selling it because it did not match your stroke?

Posted:

Comments

• dbdorsdbdors Houston, Clear Lake area 1999WRX Points: 237Handicap: 15ClubWRX Posts: 1,999

I really liked the Bat Attack H. But thought a 350g head was better for me. So I found a Bat Attack P in 350, and trying to sell the 400 H. I’m miss the slant neck.

Posted:

Woods: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 8*, Fujikura Ventus 6, stiff: TM M5, 11*, Diamana Thump 75, stiff
    Hybrids: TEE CBX 3H (19*), 4H (22*), Project X Hzrdus Black Hybrid 85 6.0
    Irons: TM M6, 5-GW, Accra 80i, stiff
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 54* (bent to 55*), 60*, Accra 80i, stiff
    Putter: PXG Bat Attack P, 350g, 33”, SS Mid-slim 2.0
    Ball: Maxfli Tour
    Bag/Cart: '18 Ping Hoofer/BagBoy Quad XL
    Accessories: Garmin G8/Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Fourpar18Fourpar18  2693WRX Points: 172Members Posts: 2,693

I had a Bat Attack and the face felt dead to me, left everything short. I did however love the Gunboat Mini and I am looking at the Gen 3 Spitfire.

Posted:
  • dalillama47dalillama47  1291WRX Points: 139Members Posts: 1,291

Went for a fitting and let the fitter do his thing. I was put into a neck style I haven't played in over 20 years, and a length I never had putted with. Figured this will hopefully allow me to make a better stroke and putt better. I will say at the fitting that what he put me into was giving me the best results. To make a long story short, I practiced my putting more than ever and it was the worst putting I've had in my life. Thought I had a 90 day playability, wrong , it was 30. Had the putter just less of 3 months. Talked to the fitter and corporate in AZ. and they would do nothing for me. Ultimately it is my fault, but next time, no matter what somebody fits me for, I will ask many more questions. Doubt I'll ever buy or endorse another PXG product.

Posted:
    Srixon Z785
    Srixon F85 3 & 5
    Srixon H85 #4 22*
    Srixon Z585 5 iron, Z785 6-pw
    Cleveland RTX 4, 50,54, & 58
    Black Lab BL-7, stainless 
    Srixon 2019 Z Star

• JimvJimv  617WRX Points: 96Members Posts: 617

I want a full shaft offset on slant neck. If they ever offer that I will get another one.

Posted:
  • FourPutt72FourPutt72  15WRX Points: 16Members Posts: 15

PXG offers significant discounts to veterans and first responders. I think some of these people use their discount and turn right around and sell what they bought on eBay. I see a lot of new PXG stuff for sale on eBay and I think that is what is going on. Just a short while ago you could get a Gen 1 putter for $95. You can also get 0211 irons for $95 each versus the retail price of $225 each.

They just came out with some Gen 3 stuff which could drop the price of some of the used Gen 1 and Gen 2 stuff.

Posted:
  • OspreyCIOspreyCI Valley of the Sun 5171WRX Points: 328Handicap: 10Members Posts: 5,171

My Gen2 Gunboat won’t be taken from my cold dead hands. My fitter at PXG HQ got it right and it has a been a game changer. Everyone I play with ask about it because all the putts I make with it.

Long time Spider user and the Gunboat made me a believer. By the way, got it at a great price through the Hero’s program. Kaboom Baby!

Posted:
    TM M6 10.5 GD AD IZ 6s
    TM M2 15* Speeder 757 Evo TS
    TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
    PXG 0211 4 Iron Elevate Tour
    TM P790 5-AW Modus 105
    TM MG2 54*
    TM HT Bigfoot 60*
    PXG Gen2 Gunboat
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • mahblesmahbles  68WRX Points: 60Members Posts: 68

I was fit for a PXG Operator putter and while I'm a much better putter, I attribute that to a proper putter fitting more than the putter itself. I chose the double bend hosel and when I look down, the grip is slightly behind the face of the putter. It was explained that it would help square the putter face due to my swing, which is fine, and like I said, I'm a better putter, but I'm just not comfortable when I feel like my hands are behind the putter face. I'm trying to get used to it but I'm one of those where if I feel uncomfortable with a club, my pea-size brain says i'm just not going to strike it well.

Posted:
  • KParksKParks  106WRX Points: 35Members Posts: 106
    Posted:
  • OspreyCIOspreyCI Valley of the Sun 5171WRX Points: 328Handicap: 10Members Posts: 5,171
    Posted:
    TM M6 10.5 GD AD IZ 6s
    TM M2 15* Speeder 757 Evo TS
    TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
    PXG 0211 4 Iron Elevate Tour
    TM P790 5-AW Modus 105
    TM MG2 54*
    TM HT Bigfoot 60*
    PXG Gen2 Gunboat
  • kepeolliekepeollie  253WRX Points: 39Members Posts: 253

As long as you don’t want black. The black will cost ya an extra $50.

Posted:
    • NEW
    Ping G400 MAX
    Titleist 913H 21 degree
    Ping i200 5-UW Project X LZ 5.5
    Callaway PM Grind 56/60
    Scotty Mil-Spec 340

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.