Search Help

davo32683 ·  
davo32683davo32683 Members  2335WRX Points: 231Posts: 2,335 Platinum Tees

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to show my search results as a thread, rather than individual posts. It's painful seeing the results this way and takes forever to sort through.

Posted:
Nothing is safe in my bag!

Comments

• nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers  6767WRX Points: 1,158Handicap: 7.7Posts: 6,767 Titanium Tees

Do you mean, if you searched for say "Callaway" and that word appeared in 25 post in the SAME thread, you'd only want to see that thread listed ONCE ? And then you would go through it to try to find something specific ?

If so, the flipside to your request would be that in some of the longer threads you'd be searching through that thread for a looooong time. At least the way they list each individual post, there is a snippet of the thread and in that snippet you might be able to see right away that you could ignore that result.

That said, it's been mentioned before that with no way for the user to order the results, it's a poor search function. I mean at least "oldest to newest" should be an option.

Posted:
    Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G400 19* hybrid Stiff 70 Stock shaft

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 48*, 52* 56*, 60* DGS300
    Taylormade Spider-X Copper (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • davo32683davo32683 Members  2335WRX Points: 231Posts: 2,335 Platinum Tees

Yea I mean if I’m searching by title “callaway” I don’t want to see 400 posts from the same thing with “callaway” in the title. That doesn’t make sense to me

Posted:
    Nothing is safe in my bag!
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers  6767WRX Points: 1,158Handicap: 7.7Posts: 6,767 Titanium Tees

You didn't mention originally about searching in "Title".

I agree though, if you searched for "callaway" in TITLE you should get only 1 "hit" for each thread with "callaway" in the title.

Anyway, the search results have been mentioned before. Perhaps it's on the list.

Posted:
    Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G400 19* hybrid Stiff 70 Stock shaft

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 48*, 52* 56*, 60* DGS300
    Taylormade Spider-X Copper (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.