Quote Settings

Seamus_McDuff ·  
Seamus_McDuffSeamus_McDuff Members  981WRX Points: 166Handicap: 4.3Posts: 981 Golden Tee

I noticed that posts with more than one quote in them only show the most recent quote. All other quotes are represented by a link.

like this

I’d prefer to see all the quotes rather than having to click the link to understand the full discussion.

I figured there must be a setting for this so went to Edit Profile —> Quote Settings

That gives me this

Is there a different setting I’m missing or is this just how it works now?

Posted:

Comments

• nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers  6776WRX Points: 1,161Handicap: 7.7Posts: 6,776 Titanium Tees

I believe, but can't be sure, that the link within quoted text is not working properly.

I believe it is supposed to take you to THAT quote itself.

Instead it seems to (most often ?) take you to the previous post of the person who QUOTED it, NOT the person whose quote it was.

Probably not at the top of the list (that I expect is reserved for "feedback")

Having said that it appears as though something's different here. See below. As I am about to click on "Post", in YOUR quoted text it does NOT show the link but DOES show "View Post". Not sure how it'll come out but it is supposed to be WYSIWYG.

Edited to add - and lookee here. That "View Post" IS a link to YOUR post and the link is NOT in the quoted text box.

A software change just today ???

Edited again - I just tried quoting twice in another thread - got both quotes in my post but when I went to edit them both out, honly 1 would "erase" and the first one wouldn't. BUT after I posted it with just the one, I went to edit and then I WAS allowed to edit out the 1 quote. Kindly kludgy.

Posted:
    Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G400 19* hybrid Stiff 70 Stock shaft

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 48*, 52* 56*, 60* DGS300
    Taylormade Spider-X Copper (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Seamus_McDuffSeamus_McDuff Members  981WRX Points: 166Handicap: 4.3Posts: 981 Golden Tee

Quoting your quote of me as a test. Will edit after I see result.

Edit - What I’m seeing in the above quote is everything you wrote, a link to your image, and a link to my original post. I was hoping there was a setting to show the text of my original post rather than a link to it. It’s not a big deal here because it’s one link but sometimes it’s two or more links and it takes longer to get the full discussion.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.