***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Mizuno Irons for 2020

Comments

• hardcaliberhardcaliber Members  750WRX Points: 123Posts: 750 Golden Tee

I think the titanium forgings are a miracle, I've owned multiple generations and can't imaging going back to old school one piece steel. Completely respect that some people feel differently though

That being said, i was quite shocked that they dropped the traditional CB. The market share for the traditional CB is getting smaller and smaller (see Titleist AP2 vs CB on tour) , but still it seems Mizuno MP lineup needs to have a CB in the lineup. Alternating every other release cycle between multimaterial and one piece might be a good compromise.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Redjeep83Redjeep83 Members  6097WRX Points: 622Posts: 6,097 Titanium Tees

I think they might of dropped the mp cb because the 910 and 919 tour was more more popular on tour.

Posted:
  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers  3342WRX Points: 643Handicap: 8.3Posts: 3,342 Titanium Tees

The SC model died because it was only slightly more forgiving than the MB. And now with the MP20 line, the MMC offers everything the SC did with more forgiveness and a bit more distance due to the stronger lofts.

Posted:

Callaway Mavrik 9° driver Tensei Pro White 50 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 20° and 23° hybrids MMT 90 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4-PW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07, 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten S

Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track

• TzoidTzoid MarylandMembers  1784WRX Points: 181Handicap: 7Posts: 1,784 Platinum Tees
    Posted:
    Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
    Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
    Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
    Ping G25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
    ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
    Scratch 50 54 58 Forged Wedges Nippon WV 115 Shafts
    EVNROLL ER2 Mid Blade Black with Gravity Grip
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless
    Titleist Pro V-1X
  • G BirdieG Birdie TexasClubWRX  237WRX Points: 57Posts: 237 Fairways

The HMBs feel great, better than the 919 forged imo, but not sure about forgiveness?

Posted:
  • gridironesqgridironesq Roseville, CAMembers  621WRX Points: 118Handicap: Lack of focus Posts: 621 Golden Tee

So the HMB feels better? I figured the 9 and pw do, but what about the 6 and 7 hollow body? I’m injured right now so I can’t demo them.

Posted:
    Current Gamers
    MAVRIK 10.5*, FUJI PRO 53 STIFF
    TEE XCG5 +3, 5, 7 Fwys 
    MIZUNO JPX 921 HOT METAL PRO 6-GW
    CALLAWAY MD 4 - 56*, 60*
    TOULON AUSTIN STROKE LAB 33”
    2020 TOUR B-RX (Fall/Winter)
    2019 PROV1X (Summer)

Advertisement

I think they do but I haven’t really hit the 919 forged much at all. I had the 900 forged in the bag for about a year and really liked them but I’ve been fighting some back issues and got rid of them. Good luck with our injuries.

Posted:
  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers  3342WRX Points: 643Handicap: 8.3Posts: 3,342 Titanium Tees

Comparing a cavity back iron feel to a hollow iron feel is tough. The HMB feel good however to me they feel springy. Feedback is more muted. The Forged are more crisp feeling compared to the HMB while still feeling soft. Feedback is more direct or harsh if you miss bad which like I prefer.

Posted:

Callaway Mavrik 9° driver Tensei Pro White 50 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 20° and 23° hybrids MMT 90 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4-PW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07, 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten S

Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track

• adl300adl300 Members  103WRX Points: 32Handicap: 3Posts: 103 Fairways

i am a big of mizuno irons but they are really starting to lose me. i always thought they should stick with the mp line and stick with what makes them so enticing. all of these different lines from mizuno geared towards distance and forgiveness takes away what makes mizunos so great.

Posted:
  • trojanhorsetrojanhorse Members  116WRX Points: 62Posts: 116 Fairways

the majority of golfers need forgiveness. Why would you limit yourself to a small piece of the pie? I see you're a 3 HC so mb/cb irons are probably more your style but if Mizuno took the miura approach then they would sell way fewer sets. It just makes good business sense to cater to the majority AND minority as opposed to one or the other. Why not make a great feeling blade and some solid forgiving clubs? As a beginner I can't play blades but I'm still able to get a superior feeling iron compared to most other GI irons. Once I progress to an iron that caters to the better ball strikers then you can bet that Mizuno will be on the top of the list to try because they helped me get to that point.

Posted:
  • adl300adl300 Members  103WRX Points: 32Handicap: 3Posts: 103 Fairways

all of us need forgiveness. golf is a humbling game and i don't mind a bigger sweetspot. but i don't think mizuno made a name for themselves with "distance irons" such as jpx hot metal irons. "hot metal" isn't something that mizuno is known for.

i also think mizuno already makes some of the most forgiving cb's. the head length always seems to be longer than comparable cb's from titleist, taylormade, etc. they certainly don't make the thinnest toplines and their offset is pretty noticeable.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • doublehansdoublehans Members  704WRX Points: 101Posts: 704 Golden Tee

Mizuno the brand, maybe. Mizuno the corporation, well, they want to make money and the market for GI clubs dwarfs that of blades. It'd be like asking your best player to take a huge pay cut to stay with the team. Possible, yeah, but realistic, hmm.......even Tom Brady lost his patience with that.

Posted:
  • tpscustomclubstpscustomclubs Members  2WRX Points: 5Posts: 2 Starters

Everyone still guessing "921" model(s) to be released to public in 8-10 weeks?

Posted:
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members, ClubWRX  10876WRX Points: 3,984Handicap: 8Posts: 10,876 ClubWRX
    Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade SIM 10.5 KBS TD 70TX
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 49 and 64
    WEDGES: Titleist SM7 54 and 60 KBS tour custom matte black shafts.
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • Carolina Golfer 2Carolina Golfer 2 Members  9677WRX Points: 610Posts: 9,677 Titanium Tees

Exactly this. Chris Voshall has said on more than one occasion. If Mizuno was only able to make one iron, it would be the JPX Forged, as it fits the widest range of golfer of any club in it's lineup. He didn't pick one from the MP line.

Posted:
    Titleist TS1 10.5 Fubuki 45g Sr Flex
    PING G410 FW 7 and 9
    PING G410 Hybrid 5 
    Titleist T300  5-P KBS TGI 80 Shaft
    Vokey  50.10, 54.10 58..12
    Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 
    TaylorMade Spider X Custom Blue

• GC70GC70 What's Next? State of HockeyClubWRX  7979WRX Points: 415Handicap: 7.1Posts: 7,979 Titanium Tees

They have their sales meeting on 7/13. I’m guessing we should see pictures in the beginning of August. Probably early September release

Posted:
    Sim Max 9.75* GD IZ 6s
    TS 17* 

SM8 52F-56D-60M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    TP5x Pix

WITB Link

Advertisement
  • iNeedMoreGolfiNeedMoreGolf RiMembers  497WRX Points: 212Handicap: 14Posts: 497 Greens

All i know is the mmc 20 knocked it out the galaxy. Size, looks, forgiveness and distance? Might as well throw a wig on this set.... im in love and im buying a ring.

P.s. i forgot to mention these are the softest irons i ever had... and you know what they say.... its true.

Posted:
  • madaboutgolfmadaboutgolf Members  1022WRX Points: 66Posts: 1,022 Platinum Tees

Mizuno usually show their new stuff when the Open is on , but hopefully pics soon .

Posted:
    Cobra F9 Speedback driver 10.5
    Taylormade M2 3 wood
    Taylormade M4 5 wood
    Taylormade RBZ 3 Hybrid/Callaway Hawkeye 7 wood.
    Taylormade M6 irons 5 to pw,aw, sw, 2 degrees upright +half an inch longer
    Callaway PM grind mack daddy 60 wedge
     taylormade Burner speed/RBZ soft balls
    Odyssey 7s black
  • rich_s2rich_s2 wisconsinMembers  1079WRX Points: 834Handicap: 1.6Posts: 1,079 Platinum Tees

I went from the 919 tours to a MP20 combo set HMB/MMC and could not be happier. They go higher and I cannot slice or hook them from out of trouble as well but overall just better for my game

Posted:

How do these compare to the HMB as far as forgiveness? I’m also playing at about a 14 hcp. I think I may wait for the JPX line.

Posted:
  • iNeedMoreGolfiNeedMoreGolf RiMembers  497WRX Points: 212Handicap: 14Posts: 497 Greens

I've hit both... mmc much softer at the short iron end 7 8 9 P... also for a smaller iron.. everybit if not more forgiving as hmb. Ive also felt and hear that hmb is not ment to be more forgiving as hmb. Wierd i know but i think it's true. If anyone has a descent swing... as long as your not a complete hacker... if youve ever been wanting to play a club as close to a blade as possible but with no stinging and more forgivness the mmc mp 20 is in my opinion the best clubs for that ive ever experience. Very happy with them.. tottal packages.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • jetmech879jetmech879 Members  1591WRX Points: 289Posts: 1,591 Platinum Tees

I’ve played the JPX forged and the HMB in full sets. The JPX are much more forgiving imo. Now like the above post said, the MMC is rather forgiving too. I will have my set for awhile. I feel they are basically perfect. I just wish they had a touch more bounce.

Posted:
    Taylormade M5 TI 8° Fujikura Motore F1 7X WRX issue 
    Taylormade M1 2017 TI 15.5° 3HL Kuro Kage XD 80TX
    Taylormade GAPR Lo TI bonded 18 2 iron Tour AD 95X
    Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-PW Black KBS $taper 130X
    Vokey SM7 raw 50F, 54S & 58D Green Nippon 125 wedge
    Bettinardi Queen Bee #7
    All Iomic Stick 2.3 grips and I-Classic Mid Putter grip
    Titleist Pro-V1 High #s
  • harpua728harpua728 Members  825WRX Points: 107Posts: 825 Golden Tee

Which set are you referring to when you say they're perfect?

Posted:
  • jetmech879jetmech879 Members  1591WRX Points: 289Posts: 1,591 Platinum Tees

Sorry about that. The MP 20 MMCs. They look like a players iron but have almost the same forgiveness as the JPX forged. My miss is low on the face and these perform great on shots hit a couple groove low.

Posted:
    Taylormade M5 TI 8° Fujikura Motore F1 7X WRX issue 
    Taylormade M1 2017 TI 15.5° 3HL Kuro Kage XD 80TX
    Taylormade GAPR Lo TI bonded 18 2 iron Tour AD 95X
    Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-PW Black KBS $taper 130X
    Vokey SM7 raw 50F, 54S & 58D Green Nippon 125 wedge
    Bettinardi Queen Bee #7
    All Iomic Stick 2.3 grips and I-Classic Mid Putter grip
    Titleist Pro-V1 High #s
  • Cottonseed.Cottonseed. Members  254WRX Points: 99Posts: 254 Greens

I play the MMCs and I like them a lot as well. I'm a 5 index and a pretty good iron striker. I will definitely say to hit em and get fitted first as a 14. I've definitely noticed some loss of forgiveness from my previous irons (Ping I e1). And they move the ball much easier than the Ping (which could be trouble for a double digit). But yes they are great clubs.

Posted:
  • ScottsTotsScottsTots Members  36WRX Points: 35Handicap: 5Posts: 36 Bunkers

Will the 921's go back to featuring some blue?

Posted:

Taylormade M2 9.5* w/ Tour AD BB6x

Titleist 913F 3 wood w/ Tour AD MJ8s

Mizuno MP-33 2i w/ Rifle 6.5 +3/4"

Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4i-P w/ Nippon Modus 120x +3/4"

Cleveland RTX 4 50*, 54* (bent to 55*), 60*

APC Oak Dale Custom 34.25"

Advertisement
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members, ClubWRX  10876WRX Points: 3,984Handicap: 8Posts: 10,876 ClubWRX

I just got some really awesome news regarding the 921's... Stay tuned.

Posted:
  • thesamwisethesamwise A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man Members  620WRX Points: 181Posts: 620 Golden Tee

Ahh come on man! You can't do us like that! Lol

Stoked to see what Mizuno comes up with for this series.

Posted:
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • lakecowboylakecowboy Edmond, OKMembers, Paid BST  462WRX Points: 245Handicap: 9Posts: 462 Greens

I'm really curious to test my current gamers against the 921 Forged, this doesn't help.

Posted:
    • PXG Proto 0811 X 9* - Graphite Design Tour AD GP7x +1/2"
    • Taylormade SIM Rocket 14* - Graphite Design Tour AD GP6s
    • PXG 0317X 17* - Fuji PRO 2.0 8HB Stiff (pulled from the bag for 3i typically)
    • PXG Gen 2 0311P 3-4 - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1"
    • PXG Gen 3 0311T 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1"
    • PXG Forged 54 - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1", PXG Sugar Daddy 58 - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1"
    • Taylormade MySpider X - 36.00" 3* Loft 71* Lie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.