2020 PGA Show Demo Day: FlightScope Mevo, Mevo+

GolfWRX ·  
GolfWRXGolfWRX Team GolfWRXMarshals  8966WRX Points: 659Posts: 8,966 Marshals
Posted:

Comments

• jwadds19jwadds19 Members  35WRX Points: 20Posts: 35 Bunkers

I think this one is the one I am most excited to learn about. Skytrak comparisons should be fun.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • GolfjackGolfjack All about the rotation Members  1489WRX Points: 435Posts: 1,489 Platinum Tees

Yeah with the pricing, they are going right at it matching it at 2000. I would think Mevo is going to be a strong competitor, but their mevo app wasn't very slick. Skytrak looks very polished for a good experience. Looking forward to see some reviews and screenshots of what Mevo Plus can do.

Posted:
    TM M4 Driver 10.5
    TM M4 3 wood 16
    4H (22) Aeroburner TP
    Mizuno MP-15 4, 5 iron, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno MP-5 6-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Wedges Mizuno T7 50, 56, 60
    Honma HP 1002

Alternate set:
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9.5, Nike VR Pro 4-PW DG x100, Titleist AP2 712 DG x100 4-P, Callaway Jaws X Series CC Wedges 52 56 60, , Odyssey Arm Lock Putter, Gauge Design Eldik Putter with Superstroke Fatso 5
  • SkeetShooterSkeetShooter Members  23WRX Points: 23Posts: 23 Bunkers

I would definitely test it side-to side if someone could get me one. I have a Skytrak and the experience is overall, pretty good. I don't care too much about delay on Skytrak, but they have been promising a software update for over a year now and its still nowhere to be found. I could be wrong, but Mevo+ seems to have club data and ball data, with the ability to integrate your phone as a camera... This could really be a game changer. Also add in the 6 built in E6 Courses? Sounds too good to be true.

Posted:

Irons: Mizuno JPX 919 HM Pro Shafts XMT 100 Tour White

Putter: Bettinardi BB1

Woods: PXG 0341X HZRDUS Yellow 70G XStiff

Driver: PXG 0811X HZRDUS Yellow 70G XStiff

No established HCP, but its safe to say I am in the mid-20's

• ddettsddetts Roy McAvoy Sioux Falls, SDClubWRX  1916WRX Points: 454Handicap: 7.3Posts: 1,916 ClubWRX

@GolfWRX

a few questions I'd like to see if you can get answered

1. When will e6 Connect app be available for Android
    2. Will additional packages/ subscriptions for e6 Connect be available. Like ability to use PC instead of an app?
    3. How does chipping and putting work with stimulation?

Would very much like to set a demo of how it performs indoors.

Posted:

> See my current WITB
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

Twitter-icon.png lDLcKyO.png?1
  • codylowrygolfcodylowrygolf Members  362WRX Points: 98Handicap: 0.8Posts: 362 Greens

Almost off thread, but can you use a SkyTrack outside? I wonder if M+ would compete better head to head when you take into account outdoor use. [Back on thread :) ]

Posted:
  • DreadzombieDreadzombie Members  315WRX Points: 128Handicap: 8Posts: 315 Greens

Yes, but it's not the greatest

Definitely want to see how accuracy compares with skytrak, and can additional courses be used? Like if I have a pc, can I pair this with other sim software????

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • MillerLowLifeMillerLowLife SLC, UTMembers  833WRX Points: 129Handicap: 5Posts: 833 Golden Tee

I'm really interested in how both of these perform.

Posted:

Mizuno ST190HL w/ Ventus Blue 6x

Taylormade original M2 Fairway w/ leadtape

Mizuno FliHI 3i w/ x100

Srixon z785 4-PW w/ x100

Mizuno T20 in blue 52

Taylormade Milled in blk 56/60

Mizuno M-craft III

Ball: Srixon XV

• gamesgames Argue for your limitations and they are yours. Des MoinesMembers  1935WRX Points: 288Posts: 1,935 Platinum Tees

The original MEVO is easily the best $500 launch monitor out there. It's reasonably accurate on spin and ball speed with only eight feet of flight. I've run MEVO along with pro-line LMs (x3, Trackman, GC Quad) and higher-end simulators. The parameters MEVO measures (ball speed, launch angle, club speed, and spin) are all close to the big boys.

You DO NOT need metal dots for full swings with MEVO! (The dots are more useful for dialing in wedges with half- and three-quarter swings.)

The MEVO app is well thought out, including its video editing capabilities (will display swing video with overlay of the data the swing produced).

The one downside with MEVO is higher-speed players hitting driver. While eight feet of flight is stated minimum, higher speed drivers probably need 10-12 feet of flight.

Based on my experience above with MEVO, I pre-ordered the MEVO+.

Posted:
  • MillerLowLifeMillerLowLife SLC, UTMembers  833WRX Points: 129Handicap: 5Posts: 833 Golden Tee

This is the first year of MEVO+? It's certainly interesting with the added ability to play 8 different courses. Wanting to get some actual user feedback on this. I could spend over $600 a year on a indoor sim pass (which I've done over a year) or put that money towards my affordable at home setup.

Posted:

Mizuno ST190HL w/ Ventus Blue 6x

Taylormade original M2 Fairway w/ leadtape

Mizuno FliHI 3i w/ x100

Srixon z785 4-PW w/ x100

Mizuno T20 in blue 52

Taylormade Milled in blk 56/60

Mizuno M-craft III

Ball: Srixon XV

• gamesgames Argue for your limitations and they are yours. Des MoinesMembers  1935WRX Points: 288Posts: 1,935 Platinum Tees

@MillerLowLife MEVO+ just rolled out this week. It comes bundled with five courses, 17 driving ranges, a "darts" game and connectivity with the Flightscope Skills App.

Posted:
  • HondabuffHondabuff PAMembers  1538WRX Points: 136Handicap: 6Posts: 1,538 Platinum Tees

Looks like everything I wanted from the original unit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyvYGcARdUA

Posted:
    Titleist TS2 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 125msi 60 TX
    Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
    Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
    Titleist 716 AP2 Project X 6.0
    Titleist Vokey SM4 50/54/58 Project X 6.0
    Scotty Cameron Futura 6M
    Titleist Staff Stand Bag
    Titleist AVX
    Bushnell Tour Z6

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.