***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Ping i59

Comments

• ScottsTotsScottsTots Members  36WRX Points: 35Handicap: 5Posts: 36 Bunkers

If they are back ordered into August on current lineup that needs replacing, i doubt they will be releasing it this year. The older product cycle is still moving and COVID has probably limited their ability to ramp up release inventory to meet demand of a new release.

Posted:

Taylormade M2 9.5* w/ Tour AD BB6x

Titleist 913F 3 wood w/ Tour AD MJ8s

Mizuno MP-33 2i w/ Rifle 6.5 +3/4"

Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4i-P w/ Nippon Modus 120x +3/4"

Cleveland RTX 4 50*, 54* (bent to 55*), 60*

APC Oak Dale Custom 34.25"

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • LongJohnPINGLongJohnPING Members  21WRX Points: 24Handicap: +1.2Posts: 21 Bunkers

Long time lurker, first time registered user. Is the Ping i59 a real thing that will happen or just myth? I've heard guys at my local club and local golf shop talk about it like its a unicorn or Big Foot. Would really like some info if anyone has any.

Posted:

PING G410 LST - Mitsubishi CK Pro White 70TX

PXG 0341 X 3W - Mitsubishi CK Pro White 70S

PING Blueprint 2i-PW - True Temper DG X100

PING Glide Forged 52 & 58 - True Temper DG S300

Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Mid Slant

• animalgolfsanimalgolfs Members  2179WRX Points: 181Handicap: 1.8Posts: 2,179 Platinum Tees
    Posted:
    Ping Sunday Bag
    9 Clubs of Freedom
  • jongalt55jongalt55 Members  233WRX Points: 110Posts: 233 Fairways

Ugh. Now TM has confirmed a new iron release sometime between July and September. @PING , any chance you might rethink your wait-til-2021 strategy? Would really love a new set of irons before next spring...

Posted:
  • halfsumohalfsumo Members  865WRX Points: 204Posts: 865 Golden Tee

I have no real info. Just a regular non insider here. However, I tend to notice that the vast majority of rumors that gain any kind of traction (their own thread, more than one person saying they have info) under Tour & Pre-Release on Golfwrx tend to turn out to be true or at least partially true. There are a lot of industry insiders on here as well as people that are friendly with insiders. It would take a real uber-vindictive golf equipment nerd to come on a forum like this and troll the rest of us normal golf equipment nerds with false rumors. I suppose it could happen, though.

Posted:
    Mavrik TripleD 9* Tensei Pro White 60tx
    TS3 15*  Tensei Pro White 70tx
    PXG gen 2 17* Fuji Pro 2.0 85x
    PING G410 hybrid *22 Accra TZ5 95 M4
    PING i210 5-PW MMT 105tx
    PING Glide 3.0 50, 56ss
    Vokey SM7 60 S grind
    Newport 2 
  • ram01002ram01002 Members  1963WRX Points: 163Posts: 1,963 Platinum Tees

Unless the name changes, there is an i59 iron. Reps have seen pictures.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • awtryau89awtryau89 Hoschton, GAMembers, ClubWRX  1577WRX Points: 322Posts: 1,577 ClubWRX

Ping rep was by our club this week. 2021 it is. You'll have to wait. He said the pros will start seeing the new stuff soon though so we may get some spy pics.

Posted:
  • BCC1898BCC1898 Members  419WRX Points: 196Posts: 419 Greens

So dumb.

Posted:
  • braincramp52braincramp52 Freeport, IllinoisMembers  6632WRX Points: 1,923Handicap: 8Posts: 6,632 Titanium Tees
    Posted:
    Titleist TS2
    Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
    Titleist 818 H2 19 Hybrid
    Titleist 816 H2 23 Hybrid
    Wilson Staff MB's 6-PW
    Ping Glide 3.0 50*
    TM ATV grind 56
    KZG Forged 60 LW
    Bettenardi Studio Stock #3 F.I.T.
    Snell MTB 

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right
  • ForeleftForeleft Members  2271WRX Points: 361Posts: 2,271 Platinum Tees

Probably have real concerns about supply chain viability, particularly since they now cast in China.

Posted:
  • BCC1898BCC1898 Members  419WRX Points: 196Posts: 419 Greens

Absolutely. But, that’s part of what annoys me.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • rbilramzrbilramz ClubWRX  860WRX Points: 122Posts: 860 ClubWRX

Are the i59 and (potential) iBlade 2 the same club? The previous generation are different construction, but they target similar players. Wondering how both would fit within a product line up.

Posted:
  • ForeleftForeleft Members  2271WRX Points: 361Posts: 2,271 Platinum Tees

possibly, but doubt it. Ping has been consistent with its i-brand being its middle size players CB. The iBlade precursor was an “s” series.

Though with the G series adopting more player features and the Blueprints at the other end, I could see them merging the iBlade with the i series for a combo iron. A lot of their staff does that now.

Posted:
  • doublehansdoublehans Members  704WRX Points: 101Posts: 704 Golden Tee

would seem weird for the i59 to be the i210 update. the i200/i210 have both been well received, continuing the same i2series naming structure makes too much sense (even more so since i2/eye2 has its own ping historical value). so makes sense as a new version of the iblade. I guess if they were combining the iblade and i2series together and eliminating a line (but again why get rid of the i2series line. the iblade line is a few years old and has done well, but its only had one generation and no attached ping history like eye2/i2 so changing that name would be easier. Its not impossible they are adding a totally separate line, but seems very un-ping like to have that many series going especially since iblade/s-series were never big sellers to begin with. maybe its even sthg we haven't considered, new tech or special edition, etc. or if its a club for a different demo than i210/iblade users.

not ruling anything out. just speculating. I mean the iblade and i210 aren't much different as is since iblade is basically just a thinner i210 with less offset in the longer irons.

Posted:
  • ALIFALIF ArizonaMembers  2810WRX Points: 370Posts: 2,810 Titanium Tees

Luv my i210's but I'm a ho so I'd try the i59.

Posted:
    $$$$
  • BeerPerHoleBeerPerHole Members  1655WRX Points: 499Posts: 1,655 Platinum Tees

I read this and think, "What does one need to do to become a Ping rep?" Sorry for the thread interruption...

Posted:
    Ping GMax 400, Tour Stiff, 8*
    Mizuno Forged JPX 900 Irons
    A Couple of Ping Glide Wedges
    Ping Anser G Putter
    Ping G400 5-Wood
    Snell MTB-X
    Knee Deep Breaking Bud IPA

Advertisement
  • BeerPerHoleBeerPerHole Members  1655WRX Points: 499Posts: 1,655 Platinum Tees

I was really favorably impressed with the i210 irons when I tried them out. I had already acquired my nice set of Mizunos but the i210s were killer.

Posted:
    Ping GMax 400, Tour Stiff, 8*
    Mizuno Forged JPX 900 Irons
    A Couple of Ping Glide Wedges
    Ping Anser G Putter
    Ping G400 5-Wood
    Snell MTB-X
    Knee Deep Breaking Bud IPA
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members, ClubWRX  10876WRX Points: 3,984Handicap: 8Posts: 10,876 ClubWRX

Watch for openings and then apply... I think the process is similar to any other job.

Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade SIM 10.5 KBS TD 70TX
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 49 and 64
    WEDGES: Titleist SM7 54 and 60 KBS tour custom matte black shafts.
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • pheenomz4774pheenomz4774 Members  995WRX Points: 211Posts: 995 Golden Tee

I did the same thing. Once the notice went out that Ping will delay their product until next year I bought Mizuno irons. Still excited to see what Ping's new offerings will look like though.

Posted:
    Driver: Ping G410 LST 9° Tensei Orange 60
    Fairway: Ping G410 14.5° Tensei Orange 70
    Hybrid: Ping G410 19° Tensei Blue 80
    Irons: Mizuno MP-20 HMB 4-PW KBS C-Taper Lite
    Wedges: Vokey SM7 50°F, 54°S, 58°M 
    Putter: Ping Sigma 2 Tyne
    Ball: ProV1
  • ryanmn4ryanmn4 Tidewater, VAMembers  218WRX Points: 46Handicap: 2Posts: 218 Fairways

I'm also a lurker who is late to the conversation, but I would welcome a merge of the iBlade & i2XX series. I like my i210s a lot. I do think there's room to make an i210 that looks better (has less offset in the longer irons and a thinner top line), and there's room for an iBlade that's just a bit easier to hit. They have the spectrum covered. Blueprints cover the studs. The higher hdcps have the G700, G410. The i500 helps out good players who need a distance boost. I'll be waiting impatiently to see what comes out, like the rest of you!

Posted:
    Driver: G400 LST 10*, PING Tour 65S 
    3-Metal: 2017 M2 15*, HZRDUS Red 6.0
    Hybrids: G30 19*, i25 22*
    Irons: i210 5-U, Project X LZ 5.5
    Wedges: SM8 54D, SM7 60D 
    Putter: Odyssey O-Works 2M CS
    Ball: -Pro-V1x

• SvenS3SvenS3 Members  521WRX Points: 102Handicap: 6.2Posts: 521 Golden Tee

Just went for a fitting with the I500 and I210 just to see if I buy them now, or wait until the new ones comes out.

The I210 are absolutely perfect, especially on a mishit if its thin. I only have one complain about them.

Did anybody notice that playing a draw is not as easy with the I210 as it is with the i500?

I have absolutely no problems in hitting a draw with my own Set and no problem with the i500 either. But the I210 seems to be hard to draw. Same Shaft, length, Loft and Lie on all 3 Irons.

Could it be the thicker sole on the I210 with more mass to the Toe of the Sole?

Just wondering if someone have the same Problems?

Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade M5 / Diamana W Series 70 stiff
    Fairway: Adams Tight Lies TI 18 / Fuji Atmos Black TS 6
    Hybrid: Titleist 818 19 / Motore Speeder HB 8.8 Tour Spec S
    Irons: Bridgestone J40 CB 4-P / KBS Tour V 110 S
    Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50/54/58 / KBS Tour V 110 S
    Putter: Toulon Garage Atlanta Tour Issue
    Ball: Taylormade TP5

Grips: Gripmaster Kangaroo Sewn Oversize all black.

Advertisement
  • oktaokta Members  29WRX Points: 20Posts: 29 Bunkers

I have the left blues and a set of i210s and it’s definitely not hard to draw! That said they do tend to want to go straighter so I suppose if your flight was a baby draw I could see it straightening you out a bit

Posted:
  • Hougz79Hougz79 Members  534WRX Points: 159Posts: 534 Golden Tee

I've never played i500, but I play a draw with my i210. Draws all day. Love em.

Every now and then I miss **** forged clubs. Then I go play a round with my i210s and my wandering eye stops. I really am completely satisfied with them.

Posted:
    Callaway MAVRIK Sub Zero 9*, GD AD-IZ 7X
    Callaway MAVRIK 3w, GD AD-IZ 8X 
    Titleist 818H1 21*, GD AD-IZ 95S
    Ping i210 4-AW, DG 120 S300
    Ping Glide 3.0 54SS, 58SS DG TI S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Special Select
    Ping Hoofer (2018)

• ShankanatorShankanator Members  18WRX Points: 39Posts: 18 Bunkers

Realizing Ping is Ping and they tend to do things their own way... I wonder if Mizuno, Taylormade, and Callaway introducing new clubs in the next few months will put pressure on them to reconsider releases? I can't see a whole lot of new orders for clubs known to be nearing end of life unless they start to discount and eroding their margins.

Posted:
  • SvenS3SvenS3 Members  521WRX Points: 102Handicap: 6.2Posts: 521 Golden Tee

Here in Europe they did the oposite.

That means, they don‘t reduce the Price for the I210, instead they raised the Price for the reseller.

i wanted to Order the i210 2 days ago here in Europe and my dealer told me that he can‘t give me my normal discount on the Clubs because they raised the price and the margin is smaller now.

if this is true (even if only in Europe) it‘s a big „no go“ for me. Thats not the way to handle this difficult situation.

Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade M5 / Diamana W Series 70 stiff
    Fairway: Adams Tight Lies TI 18 / Fuji Atmos Black TS 6
    Hybrid: Titleist 818 19 / Motore Speeder HB 8.8 Tour Spec S
    Irons: Bridgestone J40 CB 4-P / KBS Tour V 110 S
    Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50/54/58 / KBS Tour V 110 S
    Putter: Toulon Garage Atlanta Tour Issue
    Ball: Taylormade TP5

Grips: Gripmaster Kangaroo Sewn Oversize all black.
  • BDowningBDowning Members  197WRX Points: 112Posts: 197 Fairways

LOL'ed at this. So true. I have and love the JPX 919 Tour's but am obsessed with Ping and will be getting the i210 replacements.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • LongJohnPINGLongJohnPING Members  21WRX Points: 24Handicap: +1.2Posts: 21 Bunkers

Need a 2020 release to go play around with in the demo bays!!!

Posted:

PING G410 LST - Mitsubishi CK Pro White 70TX

PXG 0341 X 3W - Mitsubishi CK Pro White 70S

PING Blueprint 2i-PW - True Temper DG X100

PING Glide Forged 52 & 58 - True Temper DG S300

Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Mid Slant

• rxk9fanrxk9fan MidwestMembers  1016WRX Points: 280Handicap: 6.9Posts: 1,016 Platinum Tees

I have owned and played the i210. Much better looking than the i200 and really good performance.

Just be sure and sell the J15 CB's if you want to keep the Ping's in the bag long term.

Seriously!

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 with Evenflow White 1100 stiff
    Titleist 917 F2 15 degree
    Titleist 818 H1 19degree and 23degree
    J15 CB's with Recoil 110 F4
    Vokey 58,54,50

Odyssey Toulon Memphis

• TyHeatTyHeat SeattleMembers  9WRX Points: 44Handicap: 10Posts: 9 Bunkers

I placed an order for an i210 gap wedge back in early June. Was told then the heads were back ordered till mid July. I just got off the phone with Ping and now I’m told August 14 the heads should be coming in. So I’d be shocked if there’s going to be a new 2020 i iron. (And a little pissed haha). For anybody curious I was told if you ordered today you’d be quoted 4 weeks.

Posted:

Taylormade M2 2016, Fujikura Atmos Red 6X
    Taylormade M1 2016 HL FW, Fujikura Atmos Red 7X
    Ping i20 3 HB Fujikura, Atmos Blue
    Ping i25 4 - PW, CFS X
    Ping iE1 U wedge, Modus 105X
    Ping Glide 2.0 54 SS, 60 ES
    Ping Scottsdale TR Shea H putter

Advertisement
  • maowvmaowv Members  232WRX Points: 73Handicap: 9Posts: 232 Fairways

With the new releases by Mizuno and TM for irons this week, my ability to wait for an i500 update is being tempted. That new TM P770 looks like a direct and serious threat to any updated i500 iron and Ping is choosing to sit it out and let that P770 just tempt me for another 6 months??? I have no chance. None.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.