Page jumps around after quoting

Ty_Webb ·  
Ty_WebbTy_Webb New YorkMembers  3225WRX Points: 431Handicap: +0.9Posts: 3,225 Titanium Tees

Hi,

I noticed that if I click on a thread I've read before, it goes to the newest post. It has #latest on the end of the URL. If I scroll through let's say ten posts and then quote something, it jumps back up to the post I started on. I then scroll back down to the posting box and type my reply and hit submit, then it again jumps back up to the post I started on. Quite frustrating. I think it needs to recognize that I have read a few more posts by the time I'm quoting them.

Thanks

Posted:
Ping G400 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump
Taylor Made UDI 2 iron Diamana Tensei white 90TX
Titleist 714CB 3, 4
Titleist 714MB 5-PW
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 52 and 56 WS
Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Comments

• GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator  27117WRX Points: 461Posts: 27,117 Marshals

Please provide device and operating system and link to thread.

Posted:
    Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
    BST AD Help
    If you have a general help question, post here:
    GolfWRX Website Help Desk
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Ty_WebbTy_Webb New YorkMembers  3225WRX Points: 431Handicap: +0.9Posts: 3,225 Titanium Tees

PC Windows 10 Enterprise on Chrome

This is the comment I was quoting

Posted:
    Titleist 714CB 3, 4
    Titleist 714MB 5-PW
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • HitEmTrueHitEmTrue North TexasMembers  6820WRX Points: 596Posts: 6,820 Titanium Tees

Any thread. But not 100% predictable on where it will land after hitting “quote.” Just did it on this one.

iOS chrome and google browser, two different iPhones

Windows 7 (I know, end of life ) using Chrome.

( edit )

right now, for me, this thread is focused on your comment that I “quoted.” When I saved my comment, it scrolled back to your comment again. When I scrolled back down to mine and hit “edit”, it scrolled back up to your comment again...I had to scroll back down to the edit box. On IOS and chrome at the moment.

( edit again )

Maybe it is related to last unread message in the thread? Left thread and came back in and it doesn’t scroll when hitting edit, and when quoting a comment I scrolls to the post I just made (this one).

Posted:
  • Ty_WebbTy_Webb New YorkMembers  3225WRX Points: 431Handicap: +0.9Posts: 3,225 Titanium Tees

I think that's exactly what it is. Every time you click anything it still has the #latest on the end of the URL and it goes to what was the first unread when you opened the thread.

Posted:
    Titleist 714CB 3, 4
    Titleist 714MB 5-PW
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • HitEmTrueHitEmTrue North TexasMembers  6820WRX Points: 596Posts: 6,820 Titanium Tees

Ok, we are getting close. If it is a thread I've been in before, it scrolls to the last unread post after hitting quote/edit/save comment.

If it is a thread I've never read before, it scrolls to some other location, 4 or 5 posts from the top after hitting quote/edit/save comment. And it doesn't necessarily land with a post lined up at the top of the browser window in that scenario.

( edit )

This time I most recently clicked on the notification that you had mentioned me in your post, so the URL has "19334592#Comment_19334592" at the end. Quote/edit/save comment now makes it scroll to that post instead of #latest.

Posted:
  • Puttersaurus RexPuttersaurus Rex one swing at a time Members  899WRX Points: 255Posts: 899 Golden Tee

When I quote on any comment in any thread, the page jumps up a few posts. This is on iphone using chrome browser.

Posted:
    Have fun - ready golf - repair/replace divots & ball marks - FORE! as needed
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • DpavsDpavs OverWRX'ed MichiganClubWRX  3746WRX Points: 471Posts: 3,746 ClubWRX

I get the same jumping in Mozilla Firefox on a Windows 10 desktop

Posted:

@Gxgolfer has the team been able to replicate this issue? This has been brought up in a few threads, and in one of them you said you were not able to replicate.

To test it, you need to go into a thread that you have read some, but not all of the posts. Hitting quote will scroll back down to edit box, and then back up to the #latest unread post.

If you "quote" in a thread that you are in for the first time, it will scroll back up to a random location somewhere below the first post in the thread.

See post #6 for a third scenario.

Posted:
  • Mr. BeanMr. Bean Members  4884WRX Points: 469Handicap: 3,8Posts: 4,884 Titanium Tees

I cannot BELIEVE this problem cannot be SOLVED!!??!?!????

COME ON !!!!!

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.