I Can't Take It Anymore!

2»

Comments

• jpking17jpking17 Members  152WRX Points: 56Posts: 152 Fairways

Think everyone has done this...ahh the zen moment when you finally have everything figured out only to go back out with expectations and boom it all falls apart. I never found consistency until I found Mike Bender...once I started using his methods I found a consistent swing and contact....after watching his Instagram videos daily I decided I owed him something and booked an in person lesson for early March.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • ItsjustagameItsjustagame Members  1361WRX Points: 181Handicap: 8Posts: 1,361 Platinum Tees

Last summer I found my swing in June/July. Lost it in August/September. Started coming back in October.

Last round of the year in late November on a cold day with a soaking wet golf course had one of my best rounds of the year.

Have no idea who will show up the next time I play.

Posted:
    GBB Epic 10.5 Project X HZRDUS T800 55
    GBB Epic 5 wood
    XR 3/4/5 Hybrid
    Steelhead XR Pro 6-GW - Mamiya Recoil 95/110
    Mack Daddy 2 50,54,58
    OWorks 2 Ball Fang Slant
  • hagimihalehagimihale Members  100WRX Points: 68Posts: 100 Fairways

It was in the 1990s, when I was doing my undergrad (U of South Florida). I was require to take 2 phys ed courses, so I chose Golf 1 my junior year and Golf 2 my senior year. Coach had 1-hr classes Mon-Thurs, from 8am-12pm. He said you could come as often as you wanted, so there were times I took 6 or more classes in a given week. :)

I can still remember the day my golf life changed. Like most hackers, I fought a bad slice, and countered that with a strong grip that sometimes produced a horrible hook. Wonderful stuff. Anyway, he gave me a quick tip (I think it was "turn your left thumb counter-clockwise during your downswing"), something to help me release. I had a 5i in my hand and pured one. Wait, WTH was THAT? I hit about 6 more like it. He looked at me, smiled and said THAT's a golf shot.

I went from shooting in the 110s before the classes, to breaking 90 a few months after Golf 2 ended. I don't even remember his name; I wish I could look him up and buy him dinner.

Posted:

Titleist 913D2 10.5*, Diamana S+ Limited 60S

Titleist 913F 15*, Diamana S+ 72X

Titleist 818H2 19* / 21* Tensei Pro White 90S

Mizuno MP-54 4-PW, Dynamic Gold X100

Mizuno S18 50* / 54* Dynamic Gold S400

Taylor Made TP Rossa Fontana Kia Ma

• billh17billh17 just happy to play Members  3108WRX Points: 2,424Posts: 3,108 Titanium Tees

Been playing for decades. My swing and I have never bonded. We still speak to one another.

And it shows up at random times and we share a pleasant round together. I keep asking it where

it has been all this time, But after the day, it usually disappears for another extended time.

The perfect swing is different for everybody. And my oh my, they are fickle and undependable.

Consider the number of pros who end up in the rough,or OB or in water over the course of a 4 day event.

And their swing is eons closer to perfection than most of us will reach !

Posted:
    Certified Orginal Member#2
    Outlaw Golf Association
    To Heck with the USGA
  • LeftDaddyLeftDaddy Members  864WRX Points: 258Handicap: 9Posts: 864 Golden Tee

Just to be clear earlier, I wasn’t knocking slicefixer / Encyclopedia Texarkana. I’m sure it works if done properly. I’m just saying that I read the full blog, implemented what I thought were the right moves, and for a month or so hit it really well. Then it went all to heck, and I look back on my swing post me reading slicefixer and it is way worse than it has ever been for me. It’s like it somehow exacerbated all my big faults, rather than helping me fix them.

But I know I was just doing it all wrong.

Posted:
    Callaway 815 BBA DBD, Aldila Rogue Stiff
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Deep, 14.5, Aldila Tour Green stiff
    Callaway Apex MB UT 2 iron, Project X PXI 6.0
    Callaway 2013 X-forged (3-5), Project X PXI 6.0
    Callaway Apex MB (6-PW), KBS Tour V stiff
    Vokey SM5 54, Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grind Chrome 58, both with KBS Tour
    Bettinardi BB1
  • JustsomeguyJustsomeguy Members  1213WRX Points: 223Handicap: 15Posts: 1,213 Platinum Tees

I'm back to being golf obsessed after a long layoff due to injury.

This is the greatest game there is. And a purely struck shot can really make you feel alive.

We are all very lucky. Especially the WRXers who carry it 300 on cold days and always stick their wedges inside of 5 feet, but darn it that putter...

Posted:
    Cobra F9 10.5* Project X Evenflow Blue 65 R - CAMO!
    Cobra F9 15* 5w Project X Evenflow Blue 65 R
    Titleist 915H 20* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Titleist 716 AP1 4-W52, Kuro Kage Tini 65, S
    Cleveland CBX, 56*/12, Rotex Graphite Wedge Flex
    Cleveland Smart Square Blade

Advertisement
  • TimK1TimK1 Members  320WRX Points: 208Posts: 320 Greens

You just have to stop thinking so much. Stay away from you tube videos. I have had the same three swing keys for forty years. I just keep working on the same three things my whole life. I see it all over now. Guys trying all these drills they see on you tube. It does not help a bit. They have launch monitors and swing aids and spend half their time practicing fixing there video camera or adjusting there swing aids or watching a you tube video on there phone durin range time.

They never get better. Simple is the key.

Go read the instruction forum and it plain to see there why people never get better. Who can play a game or sport with your head clogged full of ****?

Posted:
  • Sean2Sean2 Members  32461WRX Points: 2,435Posts: 32,461 Titanium Tees

The longer I play this game, the more I realize just how hard it is.

Posted:

Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. Jordan Peterson

Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest thing of all is to see life as it is, and not as it should be. Cervantes

In golf, the human mind has much higher capabilities to screw things up than the physics has to make things better. Unknown

• dpb5031dpb5031 Jupiter, FLMembers  5829WRX Points: 1,384Posts: 5,829 Titanium Tees

No worries, I get it; everyone is different.

If there were a clear-cut panacea, it would've been discovered already.

In the end, all of the really good instructors are trying to get their students to the same place. It's just how they go about it that's different and debatable.

Posted:
    USGA Index: ~0

WITB:
    Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
    Ping G410 LST Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
    Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
    Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
    Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
    Ping Glide 3.0 56 (bent to 55 & 2.5 flat)
    Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2.5 flat)
    Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
    Taylormade TP5X Ball
  • MOABMOAB Members  77WRX Points: 63Posts: 77 Fairways

It’s amazing what a simple lesson on fundamentals can do for you. Just ask Jack Nicklaus

Posted:
  • jimb6golfjimb6golf Members  1712WRX Points: 183Posts: 1,712 Platinum Tees

I find it all the time and then lose it pretty quickly. I have a tendency to find something, a pinch or a turn feeling, that tells me I'm in the right position but then a few weeks later it's gone again. it's annoying game that somehow has me completely hooked. Lessons help to work out the kinks and identify what you are doing incorrectly so it's great you were able to talk to someone that really helped. Keep working on it and then go back for a tune up before starting up this spring. Good luck with the changes.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • dlow206dlow206 Members  307WRX Points: 121Posts: 307 Greens

I think I found it yesterday. Weaken the grip a bit so its not super strong, shorten backswing and feel like im pinching my arms together on the backswing and downswing so no flying elbow on the backswing. Was flushing 5 irons yesterday, something i have never done before. I pray that yesterday was the day something good will stick.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.