2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

MEMBER REVIEWS: ALDILA ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. Testing Thread! Read member reviews here!

It's GolfWRX Member Testing time! 5 GolfWRX members have been selected to test the new ALDILA ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. driver shaft.
[img]https://s3.amazonaws.com/golfwrxforums/uploads/192/VS0T3TDVPIQT.jpg[/img]ABOUT THE ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. Shaft
For the first time ever ALDILA® Golf introduces a 3rd profile to the ROGUE® Series of shafts.  ROGUE® White 130 M.S.I., the newest member to the ROGUE® 130 M.S.I. Series, makes its debut.  Offering a performance profile that fills the gap between the ROGUE® Silver 130 M.S.I. and ROGUE® Black 130 M.S.I., the ROGUE® White 130 M.S.I. is a Mid Launch, Low Spinning shaft.
The All New ROGUE® White 130 M.S.I. brings a Mid Launch, Low Spin profile that bridges the performance gaps between the Low Launching, Low Spinning ROGUE® Silver 130 M.S.I. and the Mid/High Launching, Mid Spinning ROGUE® Black 130 M.S.I.  By using 130 M.S.I. Graphitic Carbon Fiber material the ROGUE® White 130 M.S.I. offers superior stability combined with unsurpassed fell.
Like the rest of the ROGUE® 130 M.S.I. Series shafts, ROGUE® White 130 M.S.I. uses ALDILA®’S NexGen Micro Laminate Technology® to reduce inconsistencies,  and to improve performance and feel, and a Higher Balance Point to increase ball speed.Who’s it best for
Players who are looking for a workable, soft feeling shaft, Mid Launch profile without excessive spin. Pricing & Availability
The new ALDILA® ROGUE® White 130 M.S.I. available February 10, 2020 through ALDILA® authorized retailers and dealers nationwide and has a suggested retail price of $350 USD.The Reviewers@davo32683
 @TinkerGolfMan @OspreyCI
 @jas904
 @mBiden2
Reviews to follow shortly!

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

So on Tuesday I am at work when I get a PM from Aldila. I'm sure you can imagine how shocked I was when they had told me I was chosen. So cool. Funny thing was, right before I got the PM I was looking online at the Aldila Rogue 130 White thinking that I really liked the first generation Aldila Rogue Silver 110. I had decent success with that shaft in the 815 GBB head, if I remember correctly. The only thing I would change is the feel, I thought that it felt a little boardy and harsh.

The next day I got shipping notification and because I am blessed (or mostly cursed depending on how you look at it) of living in the State of California I picked up the delivery today. I also feel like I should mention that it is currently 68 degrees and sunny outside right now. So in about an hour I am going to my club. I don't want it to seem like I am bragging so I should also mention that a cold front is coming in this Sunday and it will be 59. I will have to throw on an extra layer or two to survive since it will be a bit cooler than that when we tee off.

Anyhow back to the shaft. I picked up the box and because of the weight I immediately thought there's more than one shaft in there. Either that or they did a really good job of packing. So I opened the box with much anticipation and much to my surprise, there were three shafts in there, Aldila 130 White, Black, and Silver! Holy smokes. There was also a cool Aldila water bottle, draw string bag, and head cover. Unbelievable, I feel so fortunate. I am about an hour away from leaving my office and I'm heading straight to the club. There should be about two hours of daylight left. I can't wait. More to follow. Thanks again Aldila and GolfWRX!

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM9 54° D, 60° T, KBS TGI 95s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

I am currently playing an 80x in my SIM. It is a smooth loading shaft. The shaft allows me slow my tempo down to properly load it, which in turn has produced more club head speed for me. I am very impressed with its feel. It is not as boardy feeling as the 125 70x Silver that I was playing in my Rogue Sub Zero. It is definitely a nice compliment to the line!!!

M1 440 9.5* Rogue Silver 60X
Epic 15* Rogue Silver 70S
Titleist D.I. 18* CTaper 130x
Apex MB KBS CTaper 120s (hs)
Cleveland RTX 2.0 53*/ 58*
Scotty Cameron Fastback
TP5

Thanks Aldila and GolfWrx. Mine is already waiting at home.

I’ll update this post very soon.

Teaser....have to be kidding me! Aldila out did theirselves. Wow!

JCWLLEIAJXKJ.jpeg

• Like 4

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Look what I came home to! A huge thanks to GolfWRX, Aldila and MCA!

01QZX0RNDL7A.jpegMore to come.....

Finally got a chance to opener up!

XWVRB4FL7OZO.jpegSome really cool extra swag from ALDILA on top. A metal water bottle, a small backpack and a Rogue 130 head cover.

IQTBP2IIHNY5.jpegI guess I missed the memo cause the second I removed the paper packaging and the sweet swag, my jaw hit the floor when I saw not just the white but also the black and silver! THANK YOU ALDILA AND GOLFWRX!

6EQ8PBHYHO5U.jpegI will be testing them in a SIM Max, once it arrives and my M6 from last year. All 3 shafts are 70TX tipped 1”. I will also compare them to the EFW T1100. I’m also hoping to get on trackman and GCQuad for numbers.

I will get more pictures up tomorrow when I can get better natural light.

• Like 1

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

Thanks Russ. Appreciate that. Crazy excited to test these three out. The White seems like a good fit on paper. We shall see. Going in an M5.

• Like 1

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Great wins!! Cant wait to see the reviews!!

Titleist TSi2 9° - Mitsubishi Tensei White 60 X

Ping G400 14.5° - Matrix Black tie 7M3 SG

Ping G400 17.5° - Aldila HM-40 Tour Gold Tour 95 S

Titleist 818 H1 22° - Aldila NV 95 X

Callaway Rogue Pro 4-PW - True Temper XP 95 ST15 S300 (Black)

Vanilla Wedge 50°, 55°, & 60° - KBS 610 Wedge S

Scotty Cameron Golo s5 34"

Member of #teamjetspeed - December 2013

Okay guys, I made it out this afternoon for a little bit of driving range time then for nine holes. I’m testing these in my M4 head. My HZRDUS Yellow produces very good numbers for me and the dispersion is pretty good. I’ve tested some others and none have been able to beat it out. I will say with the HZRDUS Yellow, it can get a very little bit spinny with a fade, not too bad. It has been a good shaft and I’m not unhappy with it. But in true WRX fashion I will never stop searching for something better. A little about me, my SS is 103, I play 3-4 days a week year around and never practice. When my body is feeling good I shoot 71-74 and on the days my 45 year old body feels like a 70 year old man I shoot 76-79.

After I got warmed up, I hit 10 balls with each shaft. First the White. It is VERY different than what I am used to. My HZRDUS feels like a one piece shaft and I don’t really feel the shaft flex. With the White I could totally feel the bottom part of the shaft kick/flex. Almost like I felt the head release into the ball. Trajectory was mid to high (I’m a 14-15 degree launch guy. I don’t fight spin usually because I’m 2-3 degrees up into the ball). So trajectory was where I would want to see it. I felt like I could really release it and it would gently turn over and if I didn’t it was straight or a baby fade. What I found most interesting once on the course was that I felt if I waited for the kick my tempo greatly improved and I didn’t get too far ahead of it. Something I fight. Hitting fairways with the White was no problem on our tree lined course. In complete honesty, on three holes I hit it 10-15 yards further than my normal spots. However, in full disclosure our course was dry today. Normally the over seeded fairways this time of year are wet and it is heavily over watered in the summer. I didn’t even think to hit my HZRDUS to compare, nor did I have any desire to.

The Silver. I didn’t feel the kick as much. It was there, just not as much. Trajectory wasn’t really any lower. It was easier to fade but also more difficult for me to turn over. It’s still early but I’m thinking this shaft might be too much work for me. Distance was about equal to the White. I feel like if I’m not swinging good I could fight losing it to the right.

The Black. The kick was more pronounced. Almost too much, like it was a little loose at the bottom. I had to really wait for it to turn it over and fades spun a lot. As a result it was a bit shorter. I think if the was tipped a little bit it would be a great fairway wood shaft.

Tomorrow I am beyond excited to game the White. I feel like I can really let it go and not worry about dispersion. I had a heck of a lot of fun this afternoon. Thank you Aldila!

• Like 2

Looking forward to the reviews on these.

Titleist  TSi2 8.0 TPT 14.5 LKP LT LW 
Ping G400 14.5* TPT 15 LKP LT LW 

Ping i210 4-PW TT Elevate Tour X
Cleveland tour raw 52, 56, 60 DG x100
Byron Morgan- HG-DH89
Titleist PV1x
Jones Utility Trouper-Carry
Ogio Silencer Alphard E-wheels

Wow, what an awesome little bundle!

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 20* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

I’m glad Aldila gave you guys a black as well. I’m curious for everyone’s feedback on those . I’ve had the silver 130 in driver for a year now and have considered a black for my fairways but there is zero possibility of finding one to demo anywhere in 80g. I even enlisted the help of @AldilaGolf to locate a dealer who might have demos... so I’m counting on your guys reviews haha

Have to give a huge Thanks to Aldila and GolfWrx! This was an insane deal the five of us got. Way over and above. All this swag along with the Black, White, and Silver shafts. Serious?? Wow guys!

10 hdcp, 100 mph SS, stiff shafts, no tipping. I am using a GD AD DI 5s, just had the AD IZ 6s, and Tensei PW. Here we go! Spent 2 hours on the range with the new shafts. Beautiful day here in AZ at Talking Stick golf course. Did not play today. I wanted to spend my timeon the range switching shafts in my M5 to see what was the beat fit on the first day.

Did my research and thought the White would be the one. Aldila is spot on how they advertise these shafts. The Black is higher launch than the White and the Silver is the lowest.

Wow the Silver is low spin, but not that low launch. I hit the center of the face way more often with it and the ball was piercing and not moving either way. Just powerful!! Reminds me of the Tensei PW, but even more solid for some reason. Love the Silver.

The White was what I thought it would be. Reminds me of the AD IZ, but more solid from butt to tip. Medium launch and low spin. Seemed lower than the AD IZ and not offline as much. Just comparing what I was playing last month.

The Black was really light and higher launch with more spin. This shaft would me straight money in a fairway! Might be my next one in my M4. It had the most feel of course. It is good, but maybe not for me in the driver. It does have feel like the AD DI, that’s for sure.

All three shafts are a great offering from Aldila. The White is the winner for me. The Silver is so tempting and would be a beast in the summer here in AZ getting tons of run on these hard fairways. I love the Silver for sure, but the White and touch higher trajectory and a touch more feel wins for me. Well.... after range session number 1. More to come.

B5AMH19FXQLG.jpeg

92GBURZCARD7.jpeg

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Congrats on being chosen gents. Really interested to see how the White works for all of. Today I hit a White 60X and I have to say it is the BEST shaft I've hit in a driver. I'm going to hit it again tomorrow and play a round or two with it to see if it's what it was for me today. I haven't bagged an Aldila shaft in many moons, but that could change really soon.

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

The White treated me like a king today. My thoughts after today were - stress free. I had no worries on the tee box, point and shoot. I absolutely love the feel. It’s so different feeling the head kick. I highly recommend this shaft for the guy to is looking for a user friendly shaft that doesn’t require a ton of work. And yet it performs like a Ferrari.

• Like 2

I actually know @jas904 well. I also know that he is well versed in testing equipment along with being a stick himself.
His opinion is one that should be sought after for those of you looking to test equipment.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Dude. Bummer. You already know why the box will be heavier than you thought. I picked it up and was like”what the heck”? Aldila treated us well!!

• Like 1

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Not a “tester”, but I double agree. I am a few outings in with the Rogue White 130 60 R in a somewhat mild NJ winter, and it really is a phenomenal shaft. I need mid launch/low spin, but without being boardy or too low spin, and the Rogue White delivers in spades. Easily one of the best shafts I have hit, and I’ve hit a bunch. I have a 60 stiff on the way to see what it can do. As an aside, it is a really good combo with the new Mavriks. Thanks to the testers for the reports. Keep it coming...

Ping G430 Max 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 Wood, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym 18* Super Hybrid, Aerotech Steelfiber fc75 Hy f4

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Taylormade ‘21 P790 Irons 6-AW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

Odyssey O-Works #7CH Putter

The White is really good. Mid launch with low spin and tight feel. As a player that loves (ish) the AD DI line, the White is a tighter AD DI. It does have more feel than the AD IZ.

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Yea not sure what’s up with Fedex lately for me. They’re regularly missing delivery dates. I called and complained about a package sitting at my local hub 2 days before expected delivery date and they told me they don’t have to deliver until promised date. I laughed and said so you can’t deliver early but it’s totally acceptable to deliver after the promised date? Lady said yes. I almost spit my coffee on my desk.

Hopefully I see it tomorrow!

Nothing is safe in my bag!