Tackiest thing in golf

bowilbury8 ·  
bowilbury8bowilbury8 Members  201WRX Points: 64Posts: 201 Fairways

If there is one thing I see on the golf course that I really don't want to turn into is...the old guy with the towel attached to his belt. Just leave it on your bag.

Posted:

Comments

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • bowilbury8bowilbury8 Members  201WRX Points: 64Posts: 201 Fairways

+1 on the cigarette butts. Cigars I don't mind so much because it's just another leaf on the ground and will eventually degrade into the grass. This is from an avid on course cigar smoker. Most of the time I'll leave the butts in the cart, which I'm sure the cart guys love cleaning up.

Posted:
  • Pete O'TubePete O'Tube Members  392WRX Points: 121Handicap: 6Posts: 392 Greens

Posted:
    Mizuno ST 190 9.5 Fujikura Atmos Blue 6R
    Mizuno ST190 TS 3W Fujikura Atmos Red 6R
    Ping G10 18 deg Hybrid Reg
    3 - 6 Mizuno MP18 MMC FliHi Recoil F3 95g Reg
    7 -W Mizuno MP18 SC Recoil F3 95g Reg
    53.08 Vokey SM5
    56.08 Vokey SM5
    Ping Anser 

• BuzzkillBuzzkill Marshals  7097WRX Points: 532Handicap: 3Posts: 7,097 Marshals
    Posted:
    Minimalist Bag!
    Handicap:  3

Advertisement
  • chuckrock4chuckrock4 Members  6WRX Points: 45Handicap: 9.4Posts: 6 Bunkers

Playing partners comments about his swing after every shot

Posted:
  • chuckrock4chuckrock4 Members  6WRX Points: 45Handicap: 9.4Posts: 6 Bunkers

Guys who claim to hit it 300 off the tee only to hit it 240

Posted:
  • CelebrosCelebros Vandalia, OHMembers  343WRX Points: 234Handicap: 1.5Posts: 343 Greens

This one gets to me.

One guy I play with a few times a year does this constantly. No matter how good of a shot he hits (he usually shoots in the 80s so he hits plenty of fine shots) he goes on about how poorly he struck the shot and what he needs to do to fix it with vague and often baffling golf swing terminology.

Posted:
    Cobra King F9 Speedback (9*)
    Cobra King F8+ (4-5, 16.5*)
    Cobra King Utility (3, 20.5*)
    Cobra King Forged Tour (4-GW)
    Cobra King WideLow (56*)
    Cobra King Pūr WideLow (60*)
    Rife Mr. Beasley (Limited First Run)
    Snell MTB Black
  • SUPERGSUPERG Members  463WRX Points: 264Posts: 463 Greens

THE TOWEL!!!! Probably the single worst thing. Second would probably be jeans on the course,

Posted:

Taylormade M5 10.5* - Diamana DF 70 TX

Callaway Epic Flash 13.5* - PX HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.5

Callaway X Forged UT 21* - KBS $ Taper 130X

Mizuno MP18 SC 4-PW - KBS C Taper 130X

Titleist Vokey SM7 - DG S400

Scotty Phantom X 5

Advertisement
    Posted:
  • Sean2Sean2 Members  32465WRX Points: 2,452Posts: 32,465 Titanium Tees

Folks who step on the first tee already making excuses about their games. It's not like I am going to be following your game with bated breath.

Second on the sunflower seeds...

Posted:

Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. Jordan Peterson

Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest thing of all is to see life as it is, and not as it should be. Cervantes

In golf, the human mind has much higher capabilities to screw things up than the physics has to make things better. Unknown

Only other worse place to see jeans is at the gym.

Posted:
  • BaitkillerBaitkiller Members  1801WRX Points: 194Handicap: YesPosts: 1,801 Platinum Tees

Drive to first ball, wait while player 1 goes through practice swing, changes clubs, more practice, sculls it 30 feet. Go player 2s ball and repeat then wait for the other cart to do the same **** thing. all day every day.

Posted:
    Turn over damnit!
    Krank 9* Formula 5 UST Tour
    Adams 15* wasabi
    XXIO pro 5
    Adams Pro Gold Forged 3-46* / Steelfibers
    Vanilla wedges 53 and 58*
    Betti-1
    K-sig
  • LondonerLondoner Members  1555WRX Points: 344Handicap: 10Posts: 1,555 Platinum Tees

Following a 4 ball and watching them on the green. Flag in and out 8 times every hole (seemingly).

Posted:
    Mizuno mp h5. 4-W KBS tour stiff 2 iron modus 3 stiff.
    taylormade m2 Driver + hl 3 wood
    ping anser
    Titleist sm6 50 +54
    Cleveland 60

Advertisement
  • rgk5rgk5 rgk5(OLB) Members  3807WRX Points: 405Handicap: 6Posts: 3,807 Titanium Tees

Beer cans tossed in the rough or woods. Why f**k up a beautiful outdoor area? Reminds me of the video on You Tube of some moron driving his Jeep through a crystal clear, fast running stream. Not across it, but downstream for a good distance.

Posted:
    Cobra F9 Tour 10.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 F2
    Cobra F8 3-4 wood 13.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 F3

Cobra F8 5-6 wood 17.5, Tensei Blue R
    Mizuno CLK 22*, Speeder Evolution HB 75 S
    Ping i25 5-PW, TFC 189 R
    Cobra MIM forged 50*, KBS Hi Rev 125 S
    Ping Glide 1.0 54.5*, CFS Wedge flex

Ping Eye2+ SW, 57.5*, KTM S
    Super Stroke Soft Wrap Midsize Red Grips
    Ping TR Pal, 35"
  • j.a.j.a. Members  1748WRX Points: 190Posts: 1,748 Platinum Tees

This happens to me often but actually two guys in my group hit around 280m (310yd). Fore is shouted quite often.

Posted:
  • Zac1321Zac1321 Members  256WRX Points: 102Posts: 256 Greens

rangefinder cases (and rangefinder) on the belt

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Sean2Sean2 Members  32465WRX Points: 2,452Posts: 32,465 Titanium Tees

People need to field strip their cigarette butts. We used to do that in the Marine Corps way back when.

Posted:

Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. Jordan Peterson

Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest thing of all is to see life as it is, and not as it should be. Cervantes

In golf, the human mind has much higher capabilities to screw things up than the physics has to make things better. Unknown

• Carl Spackler3Carl Spackler3 Members  1193WRX Points: 369Posts: 1,193 Platinum Tees

Seeing jeans on the course will cost you 1 stroke a side. Paired with jeans, just go home

Posted:
    Titleist 915 D2
    Ping G 3 W
    Ping G 5W
    Ping G25 Hybrid
    Mizuno JPX 900 hot metal 5-GW
    Vokey 52-08 sm4
    Vokey 56-14 sm6
    Odyssey White Hot RX2 ( but it better be careful)
  • BlackDiamondPar5BlackDiamondPar5 Quitting WRX may be in my future... Members  5736WRX Points: 1,078Posts: 5,736 Titanium Tees

More than 1 practice swing

Saliva on the green

Cigar and cigarette butts--- I occasionally will smoke a cigar and my preferred way to dispose is to stomp it and shred it into oblivion with my spikes. Not really a fan of throwing them in the trash due to potential fire risk.

Posted:
  • HappyGilmoresBootsHappyGilmoresBoots Green Balls MichiganMembers  192WRX Points: 76Handicap: 18?Posts: 192 Fairways

Here I thought we were talking about short shorts and Hawaiian-print shirts...not breaches of etiquette.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • James the Hogan FanJames the Hogan Fan Members  1053WRX Points: 701Handicap: 12Posts: 1,053 Platinum Tees

Where is the top pic from? Looks like a cool place.

From the maintenance shack, yes, you who leaves cigar butts in the cart, we are not exactly fans of yours!

But the absolute worst is the Finnish guys with wads of snus under there lips that they will spit just about anywhere. Small, black, oozing wet pellets all over the course. And too small to pick up with grabbers so you gotta get the gloves on, its fantastic

Posted:
    Golfing in Finland!
    Taylormade R15
    W/S Fybrid 3W
    W/S Fybrid 5W
    Hogan Apex 2003 (3-E)
    Mizuno 56
    Maxfli Revolution 60
    Macgregor Jackie Pung Putter #10

• Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 IowaClubWRX  20835WRX Points: 4,789Posts: 20,835 ClubWRX

Brora - it was awesome, got to play it twice! (Actually wore golf pants and wind pants over them the day before - was drizzly. Second morning was really cool, but sun came out as were were on the inward nine and enjoyed awesome views from the clubhouse dining area after as well). My daughter especially loved the course and other than The Old Course is the course she still talks about the most of the ones we played.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • SnapHooker_605SnapHooker_605 Rapid City, SDMembers  890WRX Points: 169Handicap: 14.5Posts: 890 Golden Tee

I am guilty of using snus, but I keep an empty tin in my pocket to dispose of them or wait until I drive by one of the plentiful trash cans throughout the course. And if you see cows on the golf course jeans are absolutely fine! Here we wear jeans throughout the fall/spring seasons and nobody has an issue with it, once the snow thaws everyone tends to ditch the denim.

My biggest tacky annoyance is when somebody sees a 10:00 tee time and rolls in about 9:52, leaving 3/4 of the group waiting on them to throw their shoes on and try to "warm up" before we hold up the group behind us. Luckily our main late arrival guy has been doing much better once we brought it up to him.

Posted:
    Cobra King F8 Driver Aldila NV-2KXV Green 65 Stiff (9 degree setting, Draw Weight Placement, -3/4")
    Cobra King F8 3-4 Wood Aldila NV-2KXV Blue 70 Stiff (14.5 degree setting, -1/2")
    Callaway Apex 19 3-4 Hybrids (Project X Catalyst 5.5 Flex, -1/2" for both)
    Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 5 Iron Thru G Wedge - KBS Regular Flex Steel Shafts
    Titleist Spin Milled SM 5 54/10 degree and 58/8 Degree - Stock Steel Shafts
    Scotty Cameron Red X3 (34")

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.