"Stacked Golf" Thrift Store Shopping Videos

Shallowface ·  
ShallowfaceShallowface  1527WRX Points: 252Members Posts: 1,527 Platinum Tees

Here's something to occupy your time during these frigid Winter mornings. Fun videos of a young couple in Florida sharing their adventures in thrift store shopping.

Enjoy!

Posted:

Comments

• scruffynickscruffynick manchester, UK 1598WRX Points: 162Handicap: 5....soon to be 6 I think Members Posts: 1,598 Platinum Tees

I really enjoy their vlogs.... We don't get anything like that in the uk for golf stuff. If I get to florida, I'm definitely going to a fle market thing they go to... I mean, one bloke had stacks of eye2s sets for fantastic prices. But it's good fun what they do

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • scomac2002scomac2002 Inside the Starters' Hut  6070WRX Points: 3,835Members Posts: 6,070 Titanium Tees

I've been watching John and Ashley for a while now. They're a cute couple. It's just stunning what they come up with for next to nothing. I think that half the attraction is the characters that they come across in their dealings. I swear that these two will get a whole new generation interested in thrift store shopping and not just for golf clubs either!!

Posted:
    Your problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent!

TM RBZ Black 12°
    Adams Tight Lies 2.0 16°/22°
    TM '09 Rescue 5H
    TM Burner Plus 6-AW
    Cleveland CBX 56° SW
    Cleveland Huntington Beach 6
  • rumstoverumstove  17WRX Points: 20Members Posts: 17 Bunkers

I really like their content. One of my favorite golf related "channels" on YouTube. I know lately they've just been showing their finds off on the driving range, but I really like when they buy a small set of clubs and play a few holes. Seeing them buy a few old gems and then using them to rip one down the the middle of the fairway on the way to making birdie or par is pretty cool.

Posted:

Old school Ping fan

• Zengolfer36Zengolfer36 Columbus, OH 235WRX Points: 160Handicap: 10Members Posts: 235 Fairways

Ive seen a few of their videos. His golf ball tests are kind of a joke but the thrift stores finds are good. Its just goes to show you that you dont need to spend a small fortune on clubs just to get out on the course and have some fun.

Posted:
  • scruffynickscruffynick manchester, UK 1598WRX Points: 162Handicap: 5....soon to be 6 I think Members Posts: 1,598 Platinum Tees

You're not wrong there, they could have had a half set of eye2s, ram zebra putter and a decent 3 wood, heavenwood and a pencil bag for less than £50 and had great fun.... It's my dream bag!

Posted:
  • FuscinatorFuscinator  64WRX Points: 41Handicap: My backswing Members Posts: 64 Bunkers

How does she stay thin eating stuff like mac’n’cheese pizza?

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • NCLancerNCLancer from Northern New York to The Triangle  301WRX Points: 173Members Posts: 301 Greens

I mentioned in the Thrift Store Finds thread how much my wife and I love watching their stuff. It's always a fun 10-15 minute video and they have some interesting interactions with the folks they buy from. When they go on-course to test they seem to have a good time together. Jon is a pretty solid hitter and Ashley, while new to the game, certainly can putt and has a great on-camera attitude.

Posted:
  • HappyGilmoresBootsHappyGilmoresBoots Green Balls Michigan 151WRX Points: 65Handicap: 18?Members Posts: 151 Fairways

Can't decide if I like 'em or if they drive me up a tree. They're very informative and know their stuff quite well, but their personalities are a little over the top. Seems like they're still finding their vibe though, so it'll be cool to watch 'em in the coming years.

Posted:
  • Zengolfer36Zengolfer36 Columbus, OH 235WRX Points: 160Handicap: 10Members Posts: 235 Fairways

Amen. It often seems like in golf that when the new stuff comes out every year, we all suddenly act like the old clubs suddenly dont work anymore. Im to the point now when Im unimpressed with any of the new golf clubs and none of them are a, "must have" for me. I find myself more impressed and more enamored by the vintage clubs that are 30-100 years old and still can compete head to head with the latest and greatest clubs of today.

Posted:
  • bowilbury8bowilbury8  85WRX Points: 19Members Posts: 85 Fairways

Does anyone know what they do with all the clubs they buy? Do they flip them on Ebay or something? I do like their videos.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.