TM ventus blue vs. Velocore ventus blue?

nikeblades00 ·  
nikeblades00nikeblades00 Members  201WRX Points: 133Posts: 201 Fairways

I realize the TM version is the made for however Ive heard the tip section does have velocore. Anyone have any comparisons? Any reviews. Cant find hardly anything online. Im considering it in a SIM MAX.

Posted:

Comments

• rjp322rjp322 IndianaMembers  3326WRX Points: 162Posts: 3,326 Titanium Tees

The tip section in the made for shafts do not have velocore. Check out The Ventus Black thread towards the end of it. Fujjikura has been posting in it and answering questions.

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1789613/the-new-ventus-black/p14

Fujikura quote

"The STOCK shafts used in the new TaylorMade products is a Ventus part without VeloCore Technology (no Pitch 70 ton or 40 ton in the bias core) that we worked in conjunction with TM to optimize the performance for a wide range of golfers. Please refer to TaylorMade for specs.

note: TaylorMade is the ONLY company offering ventus without VeloCore as their stock shaft. And their custom upgrade shafts are the aftermarket versions, hence the upcharge. So if you see a ventus part at another OEM it is our aftermarket part with VeloCore and carries a $350 MSRP. the only exception is Tour Edge has a Ventus with "4T Core" which is same construction as VeloCore, but without the $$$ Pitch 70T material. 4T core is all high-mod 40 Ton in the full length bias core."

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • nikeblades00nikeblades00 Members  201WRX Points: 133Posts: 201 Fairways

Thank you for that info.

Posted:

i called Fujikura to ask them some questions and he said they have no info on specs and have to ask TM. So there you have it.

Posted:
  • StetsonStetson Members  2667WRX Points: 169Posts: 2,667 Titanium Tees

I WANT TRACKMAN DATA!!! Haha

Posted:
    Driver: Ping G400 (Tour AD IZ)
    3w: Ping G400 SFT (Tour AD DI)
    3H: Ping G400 (Tour AD DI)
    3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Accra)
    4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
    Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Vokey Links K
    Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H
  • LlortamaiseyLlortamaisey Members  6086WRX Points: 440Posts: 6,086 Titanium Tees

VeloCore is what plants crave.

Posted:
  • PJECPJEC Members  28WRX Points: 58Posts: 28 Bunkers

I was going to post about the same thing. I tried the SIM driver at a demo day and the salespeople were all happy about saying Ventus is a shaft option for the standard price ($800 in Singapore) but after checking the website I realised it isn't really 'the' Ventus shaft is it.

I am thinking it may be better to get an M4, or one of the models from the last of years, and put the real ventus shaft in it. It would end up cheaper and maybe better performance. Would anyone agree with this?

Posted:

Advertisement

Thats an option for sure. The best thing obviously is get some numbers and then you know for sure.

Can anyone who's gaming the sim max with ventus blue chime in. Im curious. But ill be going to golf shop tomm to find out for myself.

Posted:
  • dlow206dlow206 Members  308WRX Points: 121Posts: 308 Greens

I'm really curious to hear feedback as well. I have the TM made for Ventus Red but wondering if it is worthwhile to get the w/ Velocore as an aftermarket shaft.

Posted:
  • StetsonStetson Members  2667WRX Points: 169Posts: 2,667 Titanium Tees

I will have a real Blue in my 3w this week and a made for in my driver. So I can give opinions but no direct comparison of value. If I have anything of substance to report I will do so.

Posted:
    Driver: Ping G400 (Tour AD IZ)
    3w: Ping G400 SFT (Tour AD DI)
    3H: Ping G400 (Tour AD DI)
    3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Accra)
    4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
    Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Vokey Links K
    Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members  2677WRX Points: 926Posts: 2,677 Titanium Tees

Specs are on the tm website when you customize the club and choose the ventus non velocore shaft.

As I understand it they sold the name to tm and while they make it it’s a tm shaft and thus no info on the fujikura side

Posted:
  • J13J13 Dad golf MarylandMembers  16249WRX Points: 1,248Handicap: +1.6Posts: 16,249 Titanium Tees

The Stock Ventus is what you would expect. Whippy junk that is a completely different shaft than the real Ventus Blue. The profile is about the same but the materials not even close. I've been testing a limited edition gold Ventus Blue and it's really good. You just have to tip it properly.

Posted:
    Driver - Under construction
    Fairway wood - Under construction
    Irons - Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
    Wedges - Callaway MD5 50S, 54S, MD4 60C
    Odyssey Versa 6
    Srixon Zstar XV

WITB & Content - 
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1108083/j13s-witb-2020-irons-podcast-pics-added-pg-101/p1

Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13

Advertisement
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members  2677WRX Points: 926Posts: 2,677 Titanium Tees

I think that’s going to depend on the golfer. The made for is designed for the abg golfer who typically doesn’t have a high swing speed or load shaft properly. A buddy of mine was at a demo day with one of his playing partners who hit the made for ventus and found it to work for him

Posted:
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members  2820WRX Points: 1,106Posts: 2,820 Titanium Tees

I have a hunch the 'made for' Ventus Blue for TM is just the old Fujikura 'Pro' profile from years prior which they made in many 'made for' forms - Cobra F7/F8 and Callaway Epic to name a few. They just painted it blue and slapped the Ventus name on it for TM. It's not a terrible shaft but it's a 'better fit for everyone' aka softer to flex shaft and is nothing like the VeloCore Ventus nor is it anything like the 2018 and newer shafts Fujikura has been putting out with their ENSO machine data like the Pro 2.0, ATMOS TS, Motore F1/F3, Ventus, etc.

Posted:

President of ShaftHos Anonymous

• J13J13 Dad golf MarylandMembers  16249WRX Points: 1,248Handicap: +1.6Posts: 16,249 Titanium Tees

Of course it can work for players, especially those with slower swing speeds. My info is geared for people here or anyone that swings it faster than 95mph. They will get more out of the real ventus. Whether that "more" is worth it is up to the player.

Posted:
    Odyssey Versa 6
    Srixon Zstar XV

WITB & Content - 
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1108083/j13s-witb-2020-irons-podcast-pics-added-pg-101/p1

Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13

I went and hit it yesterday. Didn't care for it especially with the sim max,. Just seems like a cheap trick to paint it and make it resemble the real ventus.

Posted:

It's deception and it's done by most OEM's. Unfortunately shaft companies do it because they need the revenue. Ive spoken to 4 different companies and none of them like doing it.

Posted:
    Odyssey Versa 6
    Srixon Zstar XV

WITB & Content - 

Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.