Slazenger Ben Hogan Precision Irons - Serial: 102

CharlieStelling ·  
CharlieStellingCharlieStelling Members  3WRX Points: 13Posts: 3 Starters

I recently acquired a set (3-8 + E) of Slazenger Ben Hogan Precision Irons with matching serial numbers 102 on all the irons.

I found a few topics on this set already - though no mention of the 102 serial number, assuming similar age to the 302 i.e 1957?

Anyone know the difference between the 102, 202, 302 serials?

Kind regards,

Charlie

Posted:

Comments

• CharlieStellingCharlieStelling Members  3WRX Points: 13Posts: 3 Starters
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members  12740WRX Points: 3,514Handicap: 5.0Posts: 12,740 Titanium Tees

getting the Equalizer with that set is as rare as Hen's teeth---- On the Slazenger models I do not know on the numbers. By the way you posted it I take it that the 9 iron is missing? But still a nice find

Posted:

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana R
    Hybrid Adams Boxer 19* Matrix Ozik R
    Hybrid Adams A-10 OS 22* Pro Launch red R
    Irons 4 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex 2 shafts
    SW Macgregor LRA 56* S-400 DJ Special
    LW Wilson Harmonized 60 Stock TT shaft
    Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace MK5 Tour Issue
    Bag(s) Old School Burton plain mini staff or Jones Classic

• CharlieStellingCharlieStelling Members  3WRX Points: 13Posts: 3 Starters

Hi Stu,

Thanks for getting back, missing the nine iron unfortunately. The Equalizer doesnt have the Precision branding though the ferules match (102) so assuming same set? They're wasted on me, so looking to sell - not looking to get rich but any ballpark guess of value?

Charlie

Posted:
  • FoozleFoozle Members  22WRX Points: 21Posts: 22 Bunkers

I have 2 sets of these - 202 & 302. I don't know the significance of the serial numbers but they are great irons. I understand the reference to "stradavaris" of golf clubs! However, from soft early season turf you do need to be very precise (hence Precision?!) as the sharp leading edge and lack of bounce makes them dig in like axe blades! I have other Slazenger Ben Hogan sets - '61 Power Thrust, '72 & '76 Apex but have struggled for much info on the Hogan / Slazenger set up and how the Slazengers produced under licence compare to Ft Worth examples? Interested in comments?

Posted:
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members  12740WRX Points: 3,514Handicap: 5.0Posts: 12,740 Titanium Tees

Charlie I am not really a Hogan expert now only own one set of Hogans which is a set of Hogan Branded 54 Precisions missing the Equalizer. But there are a numerous amount of Hogan experts on here and give them time they will chime in. Sometimes like now the Classics Forum gets a little stale then it comes back again like gangbusters

Posted:

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana R
    Hybrid Adams Boxer 19* Matrix Ozik R
    Hybrid Adams A-10 OS 22* Pro Launch red R
    Irons 4 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex 2 shafts
    SW Macgregor LRA 56* S-400 DJ Special
    LW Wilson Harmonized 60 Stock TT shaft
    Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace MK5 Tour Issue
    Bag(s) Old School Burton plain mini staff or Jones Classic

• cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers  13510WRX Points: 2,369Handicap: 1.6Posts: 13,510 Titanium Tees

Sweet looking set

Posted:

Ping G400 LST 11* Blueboard Matte 53x
    Ping G400 3w 13.9* Blueboard OG 63x
    Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard Ion 73x
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* VTS Red 100Hx
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* GD Tour AD DI 105x
    Mizuno 919 Tour 6 - PW UST 95 Recoil
    Ping Glide SS 50* & 54* wrx 110 Recoil
    Ping Glide ES 59* wrx UST 110 Recoil
    Callaway PM grind 64* UST 110 Recoil 
    Piretti Matera Elite 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.