True Temper Rifle 5.5 substitutes?

learsrx ·  
learsrxlearsrx Members  4WRX Points: 5Posts: 4 Starters

I just got fitted for a set of Srixon Z585 irons. He put me in True Temper Rifles 5.5. I know there was a shaft software mentioned in GolfWrx but apparently it isn't for sale anymore. I would have gladly paid the money for it. Regardless, the Rifle shaft is not available from the Srixon custom shop. I am looking for a comparable alternative shaft. Thank you in advance for any help.

Posted:

Comments

• ValtielValtiel Konica-Minolta Bizhub Members  3248WRX Points: 1,368Handicap: 1.7Posts: 3,248 Titanium Tees

The classic Dynamic Gold R300 would be pretty close, albeit much heavier. The Project X LZ 5.5 would be the best combo of similar profile + weight.

Posted:
    Mizuno ST190 9.5* Diamana X'17 70XX ||  Taylormade M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX
    Titleist 915FD 15* Kuro Kage DC 80TX || Taylormade RSI UDI 16* Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 8.8 Tour-Spec X
    Titleist 915FD 18* Kuro Kage 100XTS || Srixon Z U65 Utility 18* Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 9.8 Tour-Spec X
    Callaway X-Forged UT 20* Kuro Kage XT 100TX Hybrid
    Callaway X-Forged UT 23* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Bridgestone J40 DPC 5i-7i 27*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Special 61* Black Oxide V-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot

WITB Thread
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • ThayneilThayneil Members  612WRX Points: 87Handicap: 11Posts: 612 Golden Tee

FST 125 stiff tipped 1/2

Posted:
  • ThayneilThayneil Members  612WRX Points: 87Handicap: 11Posts: 612 Golden Tee

Rifles are available frm PCF dealers

Posted:
  • NessismNessism To measure is to know... Members  19370WRX Points: 1,448Posts: 19,370 Titanium Tees

PX LZ would be worth a try. Demo if possible. Dynamic Gold is totally different; stiffer in the tip. Rifle was somewhat soft in the tip and stiff in the butt.

Posted:
    Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60S
    Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 5 wood w/Aldila Rogue Black 70S
    Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 Hybrid w/Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
    Ping G410 irons w/Recoil 95S
    Ping Glide 55/60 wedges w/Recoil 110S
    Ping Anser/Arna putter - the "real deal!"
  • learsrxlearsrx Members  4WRX Points: 5Posts: 4 Starters

Thank you all for the information. Srixon offers the PX LZ as optional shaft. I will definitely try to hit it. If I can buy a set of clubs I don't have to mess with out of the box that would be great! :) I paid for a fitting at Club Champion. Great place and service but I just can't see spending upwards of $2000 for a set of clubs that anyone can order directly from Srixon/Srixon Dealer for almost half that.

Posted:
  • PoolpartyPoolparty Members  601WRX Points: 115Posts: 601 Golden Tee

I think Howard said a PX softstepped 4 times equals a Rifle

Posted:
    Stiff

Advertisement
  • Howard_JonesHoward_Jones Members  10611WRX Points: 1,637Posts: 10,611 Titanium Tees

Thats right, but i never done that, its info from Russ Rydens webpage and he writes that if we tip trim a RIFLE FCM 6.0 shaft 2.0" inch the EI profile becomes like Project X 6.0, so it should work both ways.

Posted:

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME PMs ON CLUB TECH ISSUES - ASK PUBLIC IN THE FORUM.

Unless you are a former Customer or someone i already have a PM dialog with, i want reply to tech questions on PMs.

• BCC1898BCC1898 Members  349WRX Points: 176Posts: 349 Greens

Wouldn’t PX LZ 6.0 be a closer match to Rifle 5.5?

Posted:
  • PoolpartyPoolparty Members  601WRX Points: 115Posts: 601 Golden Tee

Wait, what shaft software are you talking about?

Also what is the set makeup you’re going for?

Posted:
    Stiff
  • Bigjim1022Bigjim1022 Members  578WRX Points: 46Posts: 578 Golden Tee

Maybe I’m confused but why would a fitter fit you into a shaft that isn’t available anymore? I’m assuming you’re talking about the old Rifle shafts,pre Project X and True Temper buying Rifle?

again, maybe i misunderstood something so if so, my apologies!

Posted:
  • OrangeGravyOrangeGravy WAMembers  1489WRX Points: 344Handicap: $$Posts: 1,489 Platinum Tees

Rifles are still available with a new blue shaft band. They've back after an absence for a few years now. I think they may be slightly different, but basically the same shaft as before. @Howard_Jones knows the specifics

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Howard_JonesHoward_Jones Members  10611WRX Points: 1,637Posts: 10,611 Titanium Tees

RIFLE FCM was never off the marked, True Temper made them True Temper Performance Fitting Center Exclusive when they launch a new version in 2012, and the problem is that no OEMs offer them anymore, so they became kind of "hidden" from the marked place, but they have always been available if you just knew where to get them.

There is no "identical" shafts out there, so no matter what we do, we might find a shaft with some similarities but not "identical". Players who are used to RIFLE FCM and wants new OEM clubs should try KBS TOUR as a alternative. Again, not identical but a feel thats not far off from RIFLE FCM.

Ive spent the morning looking into Russ Rydens webpage to see if i could find the EI profile of KBS Tour Parallels since they are descending wgt like RIFLE FCM is, but cant find it, only the taper constant wgt where the profile is a bit different.

To the OP, try to find a place where you can demo KBS Tour R+ 115 grams and PX LZ 6.0 120 grams. Zone flex numbers on those are the closest to RIFLE FCM 5.5, but weight is different where KBS Tour R+ is the best match for weight to RIFLE FCM 5.5. If we use what i call "comparable weight" as uncut, RIFLE FCM 5.5 has a #3 iron if 122 grams and a PW of 112 grams, while KBS TOUR R+ will be 115 grams for all, so that means a little less weight in the long end, and more weight in the short end compared to what you got now. KBS Tour R+ is slightly stiffer than RIFLE FCM 5.5, but soft stepping is a option if the shaft itself seems to be the right and feels a tad stiff as it is.

Posted:

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME PMs ON CLUB TECH ISSUES - ASK PUBLIC IN THE FORUM.

Unless you are a former Customer or someone i already have a PM dialog with, i want reply to tech questions on PMs.

• TommyjTommyj Members  637WRX Points: 227Posts: 637 Golden Tee

KBS Tour R+ should be a good substitute. Dynamic Gold R300 is completely different from Rifle 5.5.

Posted:
  • Bigjim1022Bigjim1022 Members  578WRX Points: 46Posts: 578 Golden Tee

Wow thanks guys! I loved the old Rifles but honestly thought they were gone. Thanks for the info!

Posted:
  • learsrxlearsrx Members  4WRX Points: 5Posts: 4 Starters

Amazing information. God bless you all for the comments!!!

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.