HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5TX Reviews?

tgoodspe1991

Not expecting to get a ton of responses here as I know it's an expensive and very stout shaft. Inherently, that means not a lot of people are going to use it! Nevertheless, wanted to see if anyone has any feedback on this shaft?

The 6.5TX is a different bend profile to the standard 6.5 and 6.0 models, so I'm looking specifically for TX reviews. Thanks in advance!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently gaming the 70 TX. Really like the shaft. Doesn’t feel nearly as stiff as you would be led to believe. No noticeable weak point in the shaft at all and you can really go after it. When I’m not swinging a lot in the off season the stiffness and the weight can cause me to get it caught behind and block it right but that’s a me thing. The thing I like most about it is not HAVING to go after it every time. Plenty capable of loading it with a less violent swing. I don’t have any other shafts to compare it to at the moment as I’m just finally getting used to the idea that stock x flex won’t work for me. I have a Ventus Black on the way to do some comparisons (ordered for a lighter weight and I’m developing a problem). Getting from 168-175 ball speed and spin is regularly staying below 3000 which for me is great. I’ve even seen some 2000 numbers when I have my draw swing dialed in.

I’d like to get my hands on the 60. My driver is around a D6 with the 70 and I’m not in good enough shape haha

Using ball speed as a reference at my top end I’m probably swinging between 120-124 (ball speed of 174 and using efficiency of 1.4-1.45 ) but my more controlled swings are probably in the 115-120 range. I’m assuming my efficiency isn’t at 1.45 since some of those were a nice push with 3000+ spin. I just don’t want to take efficiency below 1.4 because I can’t imagine I’m swinging 125+. One of my buddies swings closer to 105-110 and loves my driver. I think the only way to really know if it works for you is to try it out. I know the club champion by me has them.

I didn’t do anything to it. Got it off the bst and rolled with it. I’m sure a good club fitter could help me tons but I haven’t had great experiences with the places around me so I’m in the tweak and see phase. I’ve thought of going down in length a few times but then I tweaked my swing and all of a sudden was hitting way more fairways. I’m giving the Ventus in the 60 a shot next. The weight of the Hzrdus Green 70 gets to me towards the end of a round. It may be the shaft I keep around for summer when I am swinging it more frequently. That or I’ll sell it if the Ventus really works out and helps me find the center of the club face more frequently. I’ve finally gotten to the point where spin doesn’t bother me if it finds the fairway and goes 290

Playing the non tx smoke green 70g 6.5 that comes stock in the SiM. It is tipped 1” standard that tm does.

i hit this thing really good. Wondering if I would notice much going to the hulk tx or a ventus 7x

i have the sim max 10.5 head and it is turned down to 8.5. Just like the way it sets up at that loft.

maybe going to the tx or the ventus 7x I would bump the loft up a touch. Right now though it launches great and flattens out really well. And no lefts

121 mph Ss. I am in the 175-177 ballspeed range

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

I haven’t hit the 6.5 but from what I understand the TX is a different animal all together. That being said when I swing the hzrdus black 6.5 or some of the other stock 6.5 shafts they become hook machines when I let loose. The Green TX feels like rebar compared to them. Give it a shot. I really like it and am only trying the Ventus due to the weight and wanting to experiment. Your swing speed is no different than mine so I doubt you’d dislike it from a stiffness standpoint.

I have the green dot adapter in it and have played it with everything from 7°-10° depending on my swing for the day. My longest drive with it on GC was 341 and I had it in the 8°. Second was 334 in the 10° so who knows with me

I ordered my SIM max with the 60G 6.5 thinking it was going to be friendlier than the 6.5TX that I already had in my G410,, but I found it to be a bit harsh. The 6.5TX has a much more linear feel, but actually pretty smooth all things considered. Basically what you put in is what you get out. The standard 6.5 you can feel how much stiffer the tip section is relative to the mid section, so it can feel a bit weird for me (not in a good way) if I get too yanky. I sold the 6.5 and went back to my tensei PO 70TX from my M6, going to put a TM tip on the 6.5TX this weekend and try again. Im only a 112-115 guy though(with a very quick transition), so how it loads early can throw me off.

I guess I did that comparison, but more so the stock TM 6.5 vs the small batch 6.5TX smoke green for those thinking the TX is just a slightly firmer profile. The TX to me isn’t just a bit stiffer, but feels quite a bit different over all, different enough that I sold the 6.5 after 1 round and went back to PO TX. I need to put a TM tip on the 6.5TX to directly compare to the PO. Found this in the other hulk thread

5FFA9R7DP5QU.png

My 6.5TX is a decent shaft, hated it at first as it's not the uber stiff "hulk" shaft I expected, and spins more than the OG T1100. All that being said, spins a little more than pro orange for me, but I find a lot more fairways. Feel isn't loose but it's nowhere near as tight as the T1100 of the past. Overall a good fairway finder, but not the spin killer made for the hulk I was lead to believe it was.

That's actually good to hear for me. I heard it wasn't necessarily the lowest spin option, but it definitely launches low. I was looking for something that could really bring my launch down while not completely destroying spin. Maybe I should keep the 6.5TX on my radar then. Also, I love the look of the PVD finish, lol.

I would agree with this. I think the T1100's counter balance is the big difference maker when comparing the two. More feeling of head weight makes it seem looser, but it also has higher torque so off center shots do not feel as stable. The biggest "hulk" aspect for me shows when I swing other PX shafts. Other than the T1100 TX the "Hulk" feels way stiffer. Comparing it to other TX shafts (which I haven't done, but will be tonight) I could see it being similar. It definitely doesn't knock my spin way down but definitely helps from the standard 6.5s.

This. Launch is the thing I notice it changing the most. I've seen some low launching bullets with this shaft even when I mess around with the loft at 10. I have a shot in my set that went forever but launched at around 8. That said, if you get the right AoA, I've also had my lowest spin numbers ever with it. I just find it to be "easier" to hit when I am not going for too much upswing. I think it is a weight issue though so I will find it getting caught behind me from time to time.

Unlike some of the other posters, I find the 70 6.5 TX to be very low spin and mid launch, which is what I'm looking for. I put the Hulk up against the OG T1000, Accra TZ5, Diamana DF, Tensei Pro White and Pro Orange (all of these in the 70-80 gram X or TX flex), and I found it to be the lowest spinning of the group. I was in the 2500-2700 range with all of those shafts, but have consistently managed to keep the Hulk around the 2200 mark. And my results weren't based on a one-time test at Club Champion - I've (unfortunately for my bank account) owned and gamed all of those shafts extensively. It goes to show how different shafts perform for different swing types.

Driver: Epic  Max LS  - Ventus (velocore) Blue - 7X
Fairway: Epic Speed 13.5 - Ventus (velocore) Blue - 7X
Hybrid: Titleist 818 H1 - Tensei Pro White - 100TX
4-P: Ping Blueprints - X100
Wedges: Vokey SM8 raw 51F, 55F, and 59 low-bounce K - DG TI S400 
Putter: 21' Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Ball: 21' TP5X

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 10/8/2020 at 11:19 AM, ipb123 said:

How does the HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 6.5 Small Batch compare to the 6.5TX? Is the stiffness profile completely different in the TX?

+1

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN