Steelfiber I110 shaft ?

Digger818 ·  
Digger818Digger818 ClubWRX  136WRX Points: 27Handicap: 10Posts: 136 ClubWRX

I’m getting a 110 2 iron shaft in a package deal. On there site they give trimming instructions for all the shafts. Can I cut that shaft and make it any club I want following the trimming guide.

How I take it is that they make 1 shaft at 41” long then you tip and butt cut for each club you want. Thanks in advance

Posted:

Comments

• shellbmbshellbmb Members  331WRX Points: 121Handicap: 0.0Posts: 331 Greens

Depends on if it's the .370 or the .355 version. The .370 parallel tip version is what you are saying: one blank that you tip trim and butt cut to desired playing length. The .355 version is iron specific and you would not want to tip trim those unless you were trying to really tweak flex.

The i110 "cw" is the .355 version that's taper tip. The i110 is the .370 parallel version.

Posted:
    TM M2 XD60 TX.  
    Taylormade M2 15 Kuro Kage DC XM 70 TX
    Titeist 818h2 19 Atmos Blue
    Srixon z785 KBS Tour V
    Ping Glide Stealth 54/60
    TM Spider Sightline Face Balanced
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Digger818Digger818 ClubWRX  136WRX Points: 27Handicap: 10Posts: 136 ClubWRX

Thanks it is the .370 parallel version. So I’m good to go. Was just checking to make sure. I’m a newb

Posted:

Does anyone know what the measurement is from tip to the bottom of the shaft label on an uncut Shaft. I assume that is how you tell how much a shaft has been tip trimmed. Thanks.

Posted:
  • shellbmbshellbmb Members  331WRX Points: 121Handicap: 0.0Posts: 331 Greens

Or if you don't have that information, and if you have a caliper, you could measure the parallel tip section and see how long it extends. According to their website, the i110 has a 5.25" parallel tip section before it starts to taper some. If you don't have a caliper, you might be able to use some sort of locking plier and slide it up the shaft to see where it starts to bind. Then measure that. Just a thought. Or try emailing aerotech. I recall their customer service was very responsive.

Posted:
    TM M2 XD60 TX.  
    Taylormade M2 15 Kuro Kage DC XM 70 TX
    Titeist 818h2 19 Atmos Blue
    Srixon z785 KBS Tour V
    Ping Glide Stealth 54/60
    TM Spider Sightline Face Balanced

Thanks for the help. Maybe someone will have the number. If not off to Home Depot.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.