Broke my driver shaft - fitting questions

WorkTheShaft ·  
WorkTheShaftWorkTheShaft Members  4WRX Points: 5Posts: 4 Starters

I snapped my shaft, and looking at going for a fitting as never had one before.

If I take my driver head (F6) in will they have multiple shafts with the cobra adapter for me to try? Or will I be swinging a different driver, in which case how do I translate that feel?

Also it seems like a straight replacement redtie 60q4 shaft is more expensive than buying another complete F6 off eBay?

Thanks

Posted:

Comments

• zdtallanzdtallan MarylandMembers  114WRX Points: 62Handicap: 3.2Posts: 114 Fairways

It may depend on the fitter but typically they use a universal adapter which is interchangeable in all the major oem heads, so you may not be able to actually hit your driver head. I would ask the fitter ahead of time. Also, if you're just going to get the same shaft again why spend the money on a fitting?

Posted:

Taylormade M5 9.0* Tensei Pro White 60tx

TEE CBX 119 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke 80

Srixon U65 2 Iron GD AD-DI 85x

Srixon z765 4-P Modus 120 S

Cleveland RTX 4.0 Raw (52, 56, 60 x-low)

Toulon Austin

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • WorkTheShaftWorkTheShaft Members  4WRX Points: 5Posts: 4 Starters

Well I don't know if to get the same shaft, I thought while I need a new one why not try getting fitted instead, but if I can't afford the shaft they put me on I might have to end up just replacing like for like

Posted:
  • naws-golfernaws-golfer Members  1662WRX Points: 128Handicap: 3.5Posts: 1,662 Platinum Tees

I would get fitted either way. The information you would gain would be ideal loft, head type(draw-bias, neutral, adjustable) and ideal shaft specs. Even if you are fit into a $400 shaft, there are other option at other price points that can still improve your game. Be sure to tell the fitter that cost is a concern and see if he can come up with a less expensive solution. They are usually happy to help.

it would be much cheaper is you were to just replace the shaft. I’m sure you could find a like for like replacement on eBay with the tip.

i lean on having more information. You don’t have to buy the driver they suggest but it would be invaluable in leading you towards a better solution for your driver. I’ve done both. I’ve been fit twice, ordered the driver I was fit into for a pretty penny, and taken the shaft I was fit into and put it into an existing head. I had great results with both.

Posted:
  • WorkTheShaftWorkTheShaft Members  4WRX Points: 5Posts: 4 Starters

Thanks that's kinda what I was thinking, I have to buy one either way so why not get some info and see if there's a better option based on my numbers.

If I pay for the fitting and walk away not intending to buy anything, that's still normal ain't it?

Posted:
  • naws-golfernaws-golfer Members  1662WRX Points: 128Handicap: 3.5Posts: 1,662 Platinum Tees

Yep, they understand that’s a possibility. Especially given the new driver could run from $500-$1000 depending on the setup. What I’ve asked is to find the best fit, regardless of cost and then the best option with the stock options. They are usually happy to oblige. My fitter also refunds half the cost of fitting if I buy the club from them.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.