US Kids Purchase

SullyForged ·  
SullyForgedSullyForged Members  19WRX Points: 41Posts: 19 Bunkers

Looking to get a set for my ten year old. He’s just gotten into golf within the last year, but was bit hard.

He’s 10, sizes up at the lower end of the Green 57. His driver swing speed is 62 mph, but I think there is room for easy speed with some formal lessons.

Based on his numbers, it looks like he’s on the cusp of Tour vs Ultralite. My instinct says to get the 7 club Tour Set in Green 57 (TS3). I think it would give him room to grow skill and speed wise. Is this off base? Should he be in UL?

If TS3 is the way to go, I noticed the 7 set club has steel shafted irons. Is that OK, or is it worth paying the extra $100 for graphite in irons?

Thanks!

Posted:

Comments

• wildcatdenwildcatden China Cat Sunflower Members  1195WRX Points: 573Posts: 1,195 Platinum Tees

You can get an 8-club iron set with graphite shafts. No driver, wood, putter or bag though.

Posted:

-- Just tap it in. Just tap it in. Give it a little tappy tap tap taparoo. --

-- Get down with the sickness https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09LTT0xwdfw --

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Sean2Sean2 Members  32471WRX Points: 2,467Posts: 32,471 Titanium Tees

This was 16 years ago, but I went the US Kids club route for my son, and it worked out pretty well. The fact that he grew so quickly and had to change clubs every season was a deciding factor. If memory serves he had 8 club sets.

Posted:

Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. Jordan Peterson

Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest thing of all is to see life as it is, and not as it should be. Cervantes

In golf, the human mind has much higher capabilities to screw things up than the physics has to make things better. Unknown

• mrshinsamrshinsa Members  276WRX Points: 133Posts: 276 Greens

Unless he can tip the scale at triple digit, stay with graphite

Posted:
  • SullyForgedSullyForged Members  19WRX Points: 41Posts: 19 Bunkers

Perfect. I love definitive answers. I’m thinking of ordering the TS3 Driver, 4h, 6i, 8i, PW, SW with graphite and throwing them in a Jones Cadet Junior bag.

Posted:
  • mrshinsamrshinsa Members  276WRX Points: 133Posts: 276 Greens

Get more clubs than you think he needs. It's always cheaper to get full set now than to get less and then try to piece meal later.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.