Bandon Dunes?

Depends on your definition of fall. Rates are different for Oct and Nov.

All the pricing is on their website so it really depends on how many rounds you are going to play. Add $100/day for food and drinks plus caddie fees if you take them and you've got it.

Ping G430 LST 10.5* : Ventus Red TR 7S

Titleist TSR2 4W : Tensei 1K Black 85-S

Mizuno CLK 19*: Ventus Blue HB-8S

Srixon ZX Utility #4: Nippon Modus3 125-S

Wilson Staff CB 5-PW : Nippon Modus3 125-S

Cleveland Zipcore 50, 54, 58: Nippon Modus3 125-S 

Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

$2700-$3200 for 4 days is probably reasonable if you want an estimate. If you do 36 every day then add another $1000. This assumes a caddie for all rounds. I haven’t been in a couple of years though so it may have gone up slightly but I generally assumed in the neighborhood of $1000/day when playing 36 all in. If you carry your own bag then you’ll obviously save a bit.

It also depends on lodging. Are you sharing rooms? And alcohol? Wine drinkers can go through a wad of cash every day.

We're going in August for a week (six rounds of golf). That's peak time, we don't share rooms and we all have caddies every round. So pretty much the maximum you would expect to pay and my estimate is just under $7000.

I have no idea what wine @Roadking2003 is drinking as I’m a bourbon or beer guy but it must be crazy expensive to get to $7k. In October the average room rate is $280/night for a single (that’s also what we do), $390 for two rounds/day, $300 for two caddie rounds + tip per day, $150 for food/alcohol (you’re playing golf all day, how much time are you going to spend drinking?) and 8% tax gets you $1210/day. That means $4840 over 4 days. I have no idea what I’ve actually spent there but that seems high for the 5 trips I’ve taken there. It might have been that much but if so I’m slightly surprised.

Stay at the Bandon Inn in the town of Bandon...

lodging...$160 a night

round 1...$345

replay...$175

alcohol... bring a flask

food... bring snacks for in round play, breakfast $10-15, lunch $10-15, dinner $40

nothing says you have to take a caddie and I’m not saying your pricing is wrong. Also I’m a big believer in taking caddies but I don’t generally do it anymore. I’m just trying to show it can be done on the cheap if you forego a little of the Bandon experience for saving some money.

• Like 1

You’re looking around $1,000 to $1500 a day depending on food, drinks, and caddies. So around $4, 000 to $6,000 for 4 days. Honestly as much as I like Brandon, it’s cheaper for me to go to Scotland or Ireland. Flights are the same or maybe less to Scotland and about the same duration. I did a week in Scotland in 2018 for $3,000 all in, and am going to Ireland for a week in October for $3,200.

• Like 1

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

I go on the cheap. Right now, for March, it's an extra $45 if you play 36 and don't stay at the resort. You can get a resort bare bones room for $170 or in town you can get for about $90-100. I prefer the resort rooms only because I've been rained on a LOT and it's much easier to dry off and change clothes 1/4 mile from the course and not a 25 min drive away.

I go to golf. I'll eat the meatloaf once or twice but mostly take my own food in a chiller that plugs in to my room. Fresh, cold food. If it's freezing cold I'll heat some homemade soup on a hotplate, dump it in a hydroflask and take it in the bag.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

Is anyone aware of any military pricing for greens fees...? I've been told it exists, but I've ever seen anything on their website or in writing... I guess I could always just call them.

TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
TaylorMade M5 15* - Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2TS X
Callaway 815 Alpha Hybrid 21* - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90TX
Miura Baby Blade 4-P - KBS $-Taper X
Miura Wedges - 52*, 56* - KBS $-Taper X
Callaway MD4 Tactical 60*
PXG Darkness Operator

You, like me, probably remember when Bandon was somewhat "affordable".....seems to have gotten rather expensive as of late, or am I just getting cheaper?

I could have sworn I spent a wknd there in the not so distant past. room, food, and 72 holes ~for $500

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

@dan360 it would be interesting to know when you were able to do all that for $500. Must have been ages ago, with no caddies and very little booze. And off-season. And a roommate or two. Or a wealthy/generous buddy who organized the trip and subsidized it for everyone else. :)

TM SIM2 9*
TM SIM2 3 and 5 woods
TM SIM2 3 hybrid
Ping i210 5-AW Modus 105 stiff
Ping Glide 2,0 wedges 54SS/58ES  - Recoil 95 F3
TM Spider Tour
TM Tour Response

It was around 2014, off season. When November was considered off season. A single room @ the lodge was $100, green fees were $75 with $40 replays. Before that it was even cheaper.....

I have something to drink at times, but I usually bring my own. I've ran a bar and know what the markup is. ;).  Irish coffee in the morning is great to cut the wind, and a Drambuie on ice in the eventide relaxes the mind for another long 36 hole day at the bird chirp.

I don't really do the caddie thing. No disrespect intended.

The prices have skyrocketed in the last 5 years, especially the "off season" rates. Popularity.

• Like 1

I didn’t have any issues this year or last year. But I generally try and go slow off season weeks/ends and it seems that in Nov. Or Feb/Mar not a ton of people are trying to get 36 in. I imagine with Sheep Ranch opening up that should open up tee times on the other courses, so going forwarded it should be easier.

Something else I heard when down there in Nov was that they don’t plan on adding any lodging and are hoping Sheep Ranch will alleviate or spread out some of the play on other courses, which would be awesome.

• Like 1

Went solo this past November, 5 days/4 nights in the lodge, 7 rounds of golf( without caddies), dinner/drinks, ended up at about $2300.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.5* HZRDUS Smoke 70X
Titleist 917F2 15* Diamana D+ 80x
Mizuno MP18 SC 3-PW KBS C Taper S+
Muira Wedge Series 51* 55* 59* KBS C Taper S
Toulon Portland H3
Srixon Z-Star XV / Snell MTB-X

I just ballparked a 4-day trip (assuming October prices) with:

4 morning 18-hole rounds @ $260/round = $1040

3 afternoon 18-hole replays @ $130/round = $390

1 afternoon Preserve round @ $100/round = $100

7 rounds with a caddie @ $120/round including tip = $840

4 nights on property hotel, ballpark $300 but could be more or less depending on which rooms are available = $1200

4 daily food @ $50/day (I found $50 to be a reasonable but achievable floor for food costs at Bandon) = $200

Souvenirs = $250 (could totally vary)

Adding all this up would be $4020 or ~$1000/day if my math is correct. It's easy to shave off this with fewer caddie rounds and some off-site nights as well if you want to.

Since Bandon is so straight forward with their pricing, I'd agree with this, just sketch it out on their pricing page. It's not like places where you'll find packages or lodging stay and play, per se, but there's also not much in terms of hidden cost. One thing that surprised me is how quickly adding afternoon golf spikes the price. Previous trips, it always seemed that replays are almost a toss-in, but in reality, a second loop plus caddie will add up quickly. The food estimate is fair, but also highly variable. I found that on-course prices are more than fair--a brat or a bowl of soup/chili-- and McKees is very reasonable for dinner. I'd probably say $50-75 is right for a nice breakfast OR lunch, a snack along the way, and then McKees for dinner. Add a little if you choose some of the others, but they definitely won't hijack you on food prices.

I think if I go back in 2021 or 2022, I'll be aiming for off season again because you get so much bang for your buck (and of course 50% replays are even less when the original rate is lower). February-March is also great "spring training" for the season here in the Northeast.

What time of year are you going to get 36 in, within the offsite time window?

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Two trips in April and one in May - call in three weeks prior to first day for tee times.

Again, this is as a twosome, so I suspect you'd run into more limitations as a foursome. But we've gotten almost exactly what we want each time (though not without some nervous hand-wringing leading up to the day we could reserve).

Thanks for the additional info :-)

Getting the otherside of the clocks moving forward definitely makes 36 way easier!

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

For sure. My reply was in regards to phoning up 21 days in advance and finding slots (twosome or not) for getting in 36, which is why I assumed Kernel was playing in the non-winter months. I didn't mean literally when the clocks move, I should have phrased otherwise.

We make reservations waaaay in advance for our Nov trips to get initial tee times between 7:30 and 8:10 to make genuine 18 hole replays realistic. Getting the courses in order, at the times you want, for both your first round and replays isn't happening in Nov or Feb otherwise :)

F.T.