Titleist T200, King Forged Tec 2020 or PXG 0211

Dpavs ·  
DpavsDpavs OverWRX'edMichiganClubWRX  3746WRX Points: 470Posts: 3,746 ClubWRX

Titleist T200, King Forged Tec 2020 or PXG 0211 - If you had to choose one of these which would it be and why?

Bonus Question: Accra Tour Series 90i, SteelSeries 110CW, or SteelSeries 95CW?

Posted:
Post edited by Dpavs on

Comments

• soflasofla Members  1694WRX Points: 124Posts: 1,694 Platinum Tees

I did not do a comparison but got the T200 on Monday and played 4 rounds since. Love them. Traded in a 585/785 combo set and these give more distance (lofts stronger) and plenty forgiving.. Bad news is they just closed the golf course this morning until the crisis passes.

Posted:
    Titleist T3
    Titleist TS2 16.5
    Srixon H85 19 & 22
    Titleist T200 5-GW
    Titleist SM6 54 & 58
    Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • rjp322rjp322 IndianaMembers  3325WRX Points: 162Posts: 3,325 Titanium Tees

0211 and I dont think its close. These irons are stupid good and if you have heros program $95 an iron is a joke for how good these are! As far as shafts, impossible to answer without knowing more about you.

Posted:
  • 20six20six Members  588WRX Points: 124Posts: 588 Golden Tee

Bonus question answer: KBS TGI.

Posted:
  • DpavsDpavs OverWRX'ed MichiganClubWRX  3746WRX Points: 470Posts: 3,746 ClubWRX

Where the shaft question is coming from is that I am gravitating towards graphite this time as I am looking to ease the affects on my hands, elbows, wrist.. pretty much typical getting a bit older stuff. I've tried recoils and the project x LZ's and didn't care for either one in an iron. I've heard really good things about the Accra but have not been able to try them, tried the Steel Fibers a couple of years ago and thought they were ok but I was not impressed enough to drop the cash on them at the time and stuck with metal shafts. During my last few fittings I have fit well into the Modus 105S (current shafts), or KBS Tour 90, so perhaps the closer I could come to the characteristics of one of those the better? Swing speed is right around 80 mph with a 7 iron. Tempo is fairly smooth when I am swinging well.

Posted:
  • dmeeksDCdmeeksDC ClubWRX  2841WRX Points: 403Handicap: 8Posts: 2,841 ClubWRX

Pretty big differences between these.

You know, I never went for Titleist irons, never liked the AP2, but I have come around with the T100 and T200. Beautiful irons.

Of your finalists, I would go T200. I think they nailed the profile for thIs club category. Much more similar to the T100 than it is to the T300, and that’s a good thing. A players club with some pop. Looks nice at address. IMO among the best recent releases.

I didn’t care for the 0211 (did buy a 6 iron and sold it a few months later.) Long blade length didn’t suit me. Felt good, not great. To me the Ping i200/i210 are far better.

Cobra Forged Tec is really in another category. Of the hollow heads it is the look and profile I like most (edges Mizuno HMB) but I would be unlikely to buy it over the T200 if it were down to those two. The Forged Tec more competes with the T300, which I don’t like the look of. Seems massive.

Posted:
    Ping G400 9 degrees, Ping Tour stiff shaft, 65 grams
    Callaway XHot2 Pro 5 wood, 17 degrees, Aldila Tour Blue stiff shaft
    Titleist 915F fairway, 21 degrees, Diamana Blue 70 stiff
    Srixon 565 4 iron, Nippon 980GH stiff shaft
    Adams CMB irons, 5-PW, KBS C Taper regular shafts (110g)
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50 degree, F grind, Dynamic Gold S200 shaft
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54-degree wedge, S grind, DG wedge shaft
    Ben Hogan TK wedge, 59 degree, KBS black wedge shaft
    TaylorMade TP Chaska putter, sliver, 34 inches
  • AC in TXAC in TX Members  754WRX Points: 103Handicap: 2 HiPosts: 754 Golden Tee

Would love to see some 0211 vs. T200 blade length photos ...

Posted:
    The Ping Hoofer 14 bag:
    Driver - Ping G400 MAX 10.5*
    Fairway - Ping G400 5W
    Hybrids - Ping G-410 4H
    Irons - PXG 0211 5 to GW
    Wedges - Cleveland CBX 54/58, Ping Glide 2.0 60
    Putter - Newly refinished Scotty Circa 62 No. 6 33"

Advertisement
  • tomg1969tomg1969 Members  2015WRX Points: 154Posts: 2,015 Platinum Tees

I’ve had the 0211’s and now have a set of 2020 Forged Tec. I prefer the Cobras. They look great, blade length is a bit shorter and the feel is very unique. Not soft, not hard, not clicky...but pretty addictive. They are also long and plenty forgiving

Posted:
  • DpavsDpavs OverWRX'ed MichiganClubWRX  3746WRX Points: 470Posts: 3,746 ClubWRX

Can you compare the two for forgiveness distance and dispersion from your own experience? You mentioned how the Forged TEC feel but how did the 0211s' feel?

Posted:
  • JohnKHawkJohnKHawk Members  828WRX Points: 146Handicap: 10Posts: 828 Golden Tee

I went with the Forged Tec 20's over the 0211's. While I think the 0211's were slightly softer feeling I did not like the heel to toe length. Too long to my eye. Just a personal preference. Not really much in it as far as performance. Can't speak on the Titleist. Never owned a set...yet.

Posted:
  • tomg1969tomg1969 Members  2015WRX Points: 154Posts: 2,015 Platinum Tees

For me, I would say that forgiveness is pretty comparable, but the edge in distance goes to Cobra. Again, dispersion was pretty close but I don’t Particularly care for the progressive setup in the 0211. The 4,5, and 6 irons looked really big at address. The 0211 feel fine, but nothing special either good or bad. The Cobras have a distinctive feel.....maybe a little like the SIM driver feel. Solid and hot.

Both are good sets and I wouldn’t hesitate to play either. I don’t think there’s enough of a difference in performance to make one a clear choice so I’d probably Just go with the set that you want on the bag....both are winners

Posted:
  • PaddyPXGPaddyPXG Members  16WRX Points: 11Posts: 16 Bunkers

I tested all three and ended up with the 0211 with Accra i80 shafts. I came from Miuras, elbow issues last year and had to go graphite. Really love the Accras.

T200 were really nice also, just not as forgiving and the 0211 feel better (to me).

Cobras I didn't like at all, spinning too low for me and a lot of crazy front-to-back dispersion numbers.

Posted:

Advertisement

The Accra's are intriguing but I do worry a bit about an 86g shaft. What weight shaft did you switch from?

Posted:
  • gdb99gdb99 Members  1790WRX Points: 212Handicap: 3.3Posts: 1,790 Platinum Tees

But you said a shaft you fit into was a KBS Tour 90. Not that much difference. I don’t think you need to worry about matching graphite shaft weight to steel shaft weight that much.

With your swing speed, try the Steelfiber 95 Regular. Hard saying without knowing more about your swing. Definitely need to try a few shafts to see what fits.

I bought and sold a set of T200’s. Something about the hosel shaping from 7 to PW I just didn’t like. They felt ok, performance was ok, they were long, I was coming from a set of 712 AP1’s. I would have needed 2 gap wedges on the bottom end.

Posted:
    Cobra King LTD, Diamana Blueboard stiff flex
    Ping G400 5 wood, stiff flex
    Cobra DWS 4 hybrid, Nippon 950Gh stiff
    * irons still undetermined *
    Vokey SM7 52F
    Vokey SM7 56M
    Vokey SM7 60M
    Odyssey #2

First, thanks for posting!

The tour 90 stiff is the shaft I had been fit in to and used in the past. That shaft actually comes in at 102g which is close to the Modus 105's (106.5g) in mass. When I have tried to use lighter shafts in the past below 95g's I seem to lose some control (i.e., more so than usual) and that is my worry with the lighter weight graphite shafts.

Boy, I sure do agree it would be great to be able to try out the shafts, but it's just not a realistic option for me due to local availability and with all else going on right now.

Posted:
    Post edited by Dpavs on
  • gdb99gdb99 Members  1790WRX Points: 212Handicap: 3.3Posts: 1,790 Platinum Tees

I have also been fit for and played the Tour 90 in the past.

I just picked up a set of Honma TW737P irons with 70+ gram shafts, and they feel great.

That’s why I say you really need to test. It’s not just shaft weight.

Good luck!

Posted:
    Cobra King LTD, Diamana Blueboard stiff flex
    Ping G400 5 wood, stiff flex
    Cobra DWS 4 hybrid, Nippon 950Gh stiff
    * irons still undetermined *
    Vokey SM7 52F
    Vokey SM7 56M
    Vokey SM7 60M
    Odyssey #2
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • KevinKegmanKevinKegman Members  58WRX Points: 33Handicap: 10-12Posts: 58 Bunkers

Cobra is lofted way stronger than the 0211 I believe the 7 iron cobra is 27 degrees where the 0211 is 31. With the hero’s program for me it was easy to pick, and I went to a fitter and tried them all. Shaft I was fitted into a KBS C taper 130 +1/2 inch.

Posted:

After considering a number of things I decided to give the 0211's a whirl given I was kind of leaning that way anyway and the current $95-$120 pricing. I talked to a PXG fitter over the phone and explained my fitting experiences and shaft choices and the difficulty I had with trying lighter graphite shafts in the past and they also initially suggested the Steel Fiber i95 regular.

After a bit more conversation we arrived at the i95 soft stepped once as something that will likely be a good fit. The Accra i90 stiff would have been the next best choice. They also let me know about the PXG 30 day play-ability guarantee, so if the shaft does not work out for any reason, during the first 30 days PXG will swap it out for the Accra or any another they offer in the 0211. In my book, they are pretty hard to beat at $120 per stick with (or without?) the play-ability guarantee.

Posted:
    Post edited by Dpavs on

IMO, they are impossible to beat at that price.

I played Miuras last year which I thought were the best, until I developed elbow issues. Over the off-season I tested every iron on the planet, literally. The 0211 were tops for me and the pricing is actually cheaper than most other OEMs now. The most shocking thing is the feel. I don't know how they can feel better than a Japanese forged iron, but they do.

Posted:
  • JohnKHawkJohnKHawk Members  828WRX Points: 146Handicap: 10Posts: 828 Golden Tee

Checked the Cobra website & the 7 iron is 29.5 degrees - not 27 degrees. Still strong but not crazy strong.

Posted:
  • KevinKegmanKevinKegman Members  58WRX Points: 33Handicap: 10-12Posts: 58 Bunkers
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • twoodssuperfantwoodssuperfan Members  13WRX Points: 11Posts: 13 Bunkers

i think the ping i210 are better than all those

Posted:
  • KmacKmac Members  838WRX Points: 177Posts: 838 Golden Tee

I did a similar comparison between the T200, Callaway Apex Smoke and Forge Tec's. Soon as I saw the T200 in person I tossed them out. Just didnt care for the look but my guess they are still nice irons. I actually ordered a set of both the Forge Tec and the Apex Smoke to a head to head. I prefer the overall performance of the Cobras - They're long, feel good, look good and for what I wanted to see on the ground they look like you cant miss. Just a little long heel to toe than the Apex. The players distance irons are where its at right now, so many great choices.

Posted:

I would tend to agree that there are some much better offerings in that category now. I also think there is some really good tech going on with all the newer hollow body iron designs. IMO they present a nice balance between distance, play-ability and forgiveness. Feel is of course a separate topic and can be fairly subjective even.

Posted:
  • KmacKmac Members  838WRX Points: 177Posts: 838 Golden Tee

I agree, feel and looks are very subjective. Sometimes I feel like IF I like what I'm looking at I'll hit them better. The mind is a powerful thing!

Posted:
  • OrlandogolfguruOrlandogolfguru OrlandoGolfGuru ClubWRX  2145WRX Points: 183Handicap: 7.7Posts: 2,145 ClubWRX

I have all of these except t200. 2020 forged tec. 0211. also 919 hmpro and mp20 hmb. i have hmb in the bag (ordered 1 strong to match 0211), but fluctuate back and forth. i love 0211, the blade length is a little longer but the topline is nice and thin. and they feel softer than most forged clubs.

Posted:
    Taylormade Sim / Mizuno ST200 Driver
    Mizuno ST200 Fwy
    Mizuno CLK Hyb
    Mizuno Mp20 HMB Irons
    Edel / T20 Wedges
    Edel / Mannkrafted / Odyssey Putters
    Bridgestone ball / Sun Mntn Bag

Advertisement
  • ScottboxScottbox scottbox Members  119WRX Points: 63Handicap: 5Posts: 119 Fairways

T200! They feel soft and look great at address and the distance is awesome.

Posted:
  • PR3CI5NPR3CI5N Members  104WRX Points: 38Handicap: 5.1Posts: 104 Fairways

I have T200 but I’ve never played the other irons so I have no input on those. As far as the T200, they’re worth the money. Not only do they look great but they play even better.

You could also check out the T100S irons. Very close to the T200 lofts with a skinnier profile. I might make the switch.

I use to play graphite irons in my Japanese TX-V irons and I loved them. When I made the switch to steal, it took a few rounds to get use to them but I’m enjoying them now. I’m only 33 so obviously no issues with steal for now. When I hit 60, I’ll probably make the switch back to graphite for the weight and vibration savings.

TXG did a review awhile back on steal vs graphite and graphite is an excellent option. Now more than ever.

Posted:
  • drscott266drscott266 Members  578WRX Points: 184Posts: 578 Golden Tee

Curious about a comparison of the T200 vs T100-S as well. I tried the T200 when they first came out but went with the P790 instead due mostly to looks. Recently picked up the T100-S and I am thinking they might be what I was looking for with the T200 that I couldn't along with. Less offset and slightly thinner but similar lofts... probably less forgiving but I am learning its hard to really determine what that means person to person.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • RainShadowRainShadow Tucson AZ (for now)Members  4136WRX Points: 456Handicap: 8.2Posts: 4,136 Titanium Tees

I did a fitting at Hot Stix yesterday.

Hated the Titleist. Didn't like the look nor feel after 5 of 6 balls they were out!

Loved the Cobra and HMB.

SteelFiber 95cw R will be my shaft in the Cobras.

Also Having my Forged Tec Blacks resifted from Modus 105 Stiff to the SteelFibers.

Posted:
    Ping G400 10.5 (9.5) Hzrdus Yellow 75 5.5
    Callaway Rogue 17* 4wd Atmos Blue TS 70  
    Ping G410 19*, 22* & 26* Tensei CK Pro Blue 80
    Cobra Forged Tec Black 6-GW Modus 105 S (2019 Forged Tec Modus 105 R trial run ) 
    Vokey SM7 50/8 F
    Vokey SM7 54/8 M 
    Vokey SM7 58/8 M 
    Toulon Madison H1 neck (L)/ Bettinardi BB1
     Bridgestone Tour B RXS / ProV1 / Snell MTB Black

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.