Looking for Titleist T200 Long Term Reviews (Or 790s??)

twoodssuperfan ·  
twoodssuperfantwoodssuperfan Members  13WRX Points: 11Posts: 13 Bunkers

Hello All

I've been playing players irons for 15 years (mostly mizuno MP and Callaway Xforged)

Due to live in general I no longer have time to practice. Also decided to hit the ball straight instead of working it.

I want to make the move to bigger irons.

So I did a fitting. The problem is I don't spin the Bigger irons high enough. I always get fitted back into T100 or MP series, .... But I don't really care. Bigger irons are just so easy to hit.

I think I hit them high enough to stop on the green regardless. I also think having less spin might help me hit the ball straighter.

Going to pair them with a slightly higher spinning shaft DG120 or KBS Tour instead of the normal PX 6.0 I normally play.

I'm a 4 HC and a decent player. Looking for T200 reviews from single HC guys. Or possibly P790s. Anything else I should try??

Also Thinking about Ping I210.

Lets hear some reviews.

Posted:

Comments

• jak77jak77 Members  95WRX Points: 28Posts: 95 Fairways

Im also interested in this. In the market for this category of clubs and these two are at the top of the list. Was planning on getting a fitting at the end of this month/early next month but with everything going on that seems unlikely.

Thanks in advance.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • PR3CI5NPR3CI5N Members  104WRX Points: 38Handicap: 5.1Posts: 104 Fairways

I have T200 4-GW with TT DG Tour Issue X100 shafts. I’ve had them since December and I’m a fan. I was fitted at Titleist. I’ve played 10+ rounds with them and they have stayed in great condition. I do clean all of my clubs after each round though.

As far as workability, they’re easy to work and have a soft feel. I switch between fades and draws depending on the pin position. I shoot in the upper 70’s.

The only P790 I’ve hit was the UDI 2i and I ended up returning it. I now have the U510 3i and couldn’t be happier with it. It’s a beast.

Posted:
  • ZA206ZA206 Members  748WRX Points: 139Handicap: 4.0Posts: 748 Golden Tee

Check out the Mizuno JPX 919 Forged and the MP-20 HMB!

The HMB's look stunning IMO!!!

-ZA

Posted:
    TM SIM 9.0 with Fujikura Ventus Blue-Velocore 6X
    TM M5 15 3W  with Fujikura Atmos Blue TS-7X
    TM M3 19 & 22 Rescue Hybrids with Fujikura Atmos Blue TS-8X
    Mizuno JPX 919F (5-PW) with DG 120 X100's
    TM 50, 56 & 60 Hi Toe with S300
    Odyssey stroke lab 10
  • twoodssuperfantwoodssuperfan Members  13WRX Points: 11Posts: 13 Bunkers

I didnt like the feel of the HMB to be honest. Are they that much more forgiving than the MP20 MMC?

Posted:
  • stugotzstugotz Pinehurst Knights 2017 Senior Champion Members  18WRX Points: 78Handicap: 17Posts: 18 Bunkers

I was also a bit disappointed in the feel of the HMB. There is a trade off for sure in feel in any cavity player. Frankly as you suggest, if the MMC forgiveness is similar, I would consider maybe going a bit stronger with the MMC if its distance you are looking for. I play AP2 (716) and they feel and play great but I have the upgrade itch. I am waiting to come out of the bunker and test the T100-S which in theory might be a good upgrade unless the feel went to ****. I am not crazy about T200 looks.

Posted:
    917 10.5
    Rogue 4W,
    AP2 716 5 - PW
    Cleveland CBX 52 56 60
    Newport 2 / Versa 9
    Pinehurst Knights 2017 Champ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.