***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

How much would you pay to play Augusta?

Comments

• PhreddyPhreddy Members  753WRX Points: 292Posts: 753 Golden Tee

What ever the number, it would be $1 less than I would be willing to pony up for a round at Pine Valley.

Posted:
    If you need a grinder to make your weld look good, you are a grinder not a welder.
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • wakit300wakit300 Members  83WRX Points: 90Handicap: 7.5Posts: 83 Fairways

IF it were an all day thing and I was able to play 36, because you KNOW that after you play it the first time you'll be able to improve a Bunch on the second go, I'd say $500. I'll have to spend at least that, if not more on travel expenses just to get there which will easily double the cost.

If I could magically just teleport there and play, I'd go $1000

Posted:
    TaylorMade M5 10.5° /  Project X HZRDUS Smoke 70 S
    Cobra King F9 Baffler Speedback 14.5° / Project X HZRDUS Smoke 70 S
    TaylorMade  M3 3/19° Rescue/ Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 80H S
    Callaway X Forged Utility 22° /  Aerotech SteelFiber fc 90cw
    Cobra KING Forged ONE Length 5-PW / KBS FLT S
    Edison 51° Wedge / KBS Tour S
    Mizuno T20 56° Wedge / DG Tour Issue X100
    Cobra KING PUR 60° Wedge / DG Tour Issue X100
    EVNROLL ER2 / KBS CT Tour

• monty09monty09 Members  337WRX Points: 100Posts: 337 Greens

up to $40k with no issue..any more and i would have to think about it but prob still do

Posted:
  • HotdoctaHotdocta Members  327WRX Points: 88Handicap: -8.3Posts: 327 Greens

2k for me. Anything more and I would be single. Though if that happened I guess I would up it to 5 lol

Posted:
  • AnserAnser ClubWRX  2292WRX Points: 183Posts: 2,292 Platinum Tees

I paid $65 and gave the member a GBB with a aldila longwood shaft :) Bargain :)

Posted:
    TM Sim D-Type Tour AD IZ 7s
    Mavrik SZ 16.5 Tour AD DI 7s
    Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
    TaylorMade P790 6-AW
    TM Tour MG Raw 54/58
    Evnroll ER-1.2
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers  7452WRX Points: 1,520Handicap: 3.9-9.3-7.7 (Health issue)Posts: 7,452 Titanium Tees

$200

Posted:

Advertisement
  • dannyhorndannyhorn Members  9WRX Points: 10Posts: 9 Bunkers

One left nut... even a right one. maybe both

Posted:
  • DandyDonDandyDon Members  229WRX Points: 78Handicap: 13.2Posts: 229 Fairways

2.5 k is a no brainer for me....Would probably do 5k....Just means buying less wine, maybe one less golf trip for the year (I usually do two).

Posted:
  • PowderedToastManPowderedToastMan Members  4404WRX Points: 1,721Posts: 4,404 Titanium Tees

There are few things I splurge on. I’m a very cheap person of modest means.

I’d drop at least 10k and then die happy. My family can recover the 10k and more from my life insurance money.

Posted:
    Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being. Reforming club addict.

i am in the same boat.... this invite wont come along often if at all.. 10k... is nothing over a lifetime

Posted:
  • toddnttoddnt Members  4332WRX Points: 210Posts: 4,332 Titanium Tees
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • farmerfarmer Members  8908WRX Points: 1,342Posts: 8,908 Titanium Tees

OT, but the big charity event with Phil, Tiger, Peyton and Giseles's husband would be spectacular at ANGC.

Posted:
  • greenwavegolfergreenwavegolfer Members  246WRX Points: 111Handicap: 2.7Posts: 246 Fairways

I'd do $1,000 in a heartbeat. If they came to me and said I could play but the price was $2,000 I'd probably still do it after some consideration. That's not a trivial amount of money to me by any stretch, but I could afford it if I had to and I think it would be worth the experience.

Posted:
    WITB:

Ping G400 LST 10º (Playing 9º) Accra TZ5 65 M4
    Ping G410 LST 3W (14.5° standard setting) VA Nemesys 75 Four (Tipped 1")
    Titleist T-MB 2i (17º) Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X (swap 2i and 3W in and out)
    Srixon Z-785 3i/4i Nippon Modus Tour 120X
    Srixon Z-Forged 5i-PW Nippon Modus Tour 120X
    Cleveland RTX4 Black Stealth 50º, 54º Nippon Modus Tour 120X, 60º Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
    Scotty Cameron Special Select Squareback
  • sailfishchrissailfishchris Long Island NYMembers, ClubWRX  1121WRX Points: 301Handicap: 4Posts: 1,121 Platinum Tees

Titleist just posted a fundraiser - Let's Chip In Fundraiser. Guess they're monitoring WRX LOL!

Posted:
    TaylorMade M3 8.8 TPT 14 LKP LT LW Proto
    Ping G400 14.5 Tensei Pro Orange 80 TX
    Mizuno JPX919 Forged 4i SuperPeening Blue X
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tours5-PW Super Peening Blue X
    Vokey SM7 raw 52, 56, 60 DGTI-s400
    Byron Morgan Proto DH89
    Pro V1
    Jones Utility Trouper-Carry
    Ogio Silencer Alphard E-wheels
  • PreppySlapCutPreppySlapCut This is just babytown frolics... Members  6654WRX Points: 326Posts: 6,654 Titanium Tees

Rumor has it a five figure donation is enough.

Posted:
    Bag is a mishmash right now, but playing well so I don’t want to change it...
    Taylormade SIM 10.5* w/ Graphite Design VR-5 (X)
    Callaway X-Hot Pro 17* w/ UST V2 86 (S)
    Ping G 19.5* w/ Ping Tour 80 (X)
    Callaway X-Hot Pro 23* w/ UST VTS Silver 85 (S)
    Ping i210 5-PW w/ Aldila RIP 115 (S)
    Ping Glide 2.0 50*, 55*, 60* w/ Aldila RIP 115 (S)
    Scotty Cameron Toolbox
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members  3368WRX Points: 1,458Posts: 3,368 Titanium Tees

$200 or so.

I'm not a 'destination golfer'.

Posted:

Epic Flash - Motore X F3 / Pro 2.0 7 / Apex 19h - Pro 2.0 8 / Apex 19 - Apex Pro 19 1050Gh HSx1 / MD5 / Phantom X5.5 - SS Mid Slim 2.0

Advertisement
  • CobraKatCobraKat Los AngelesMembers  89WRX Points: 60Handicap: 18Posts: 89 Fairways

$1000 easily but I'd trade ten rounds at Augusta for one round at Cypress Point.

Posted:
  • dannyhorndannyhorn Members  9WRX Points: 10Posts: 9 Bunkers

AS a die hard patriots fan... the "gisele's husband" just brought a smile to my face... in this awful awful time of us having to suffer now. Thank you for that, good sir

Posted:
  • rochestergolfer36rochestergolfer36 Members  84WRX Points: 20Handicap: +1.2Posts: 84 Fairways

this somehow came up with my wife the other week and I said if I could play there for $1000 wouldn't even be a question, she played college golf but still looked at me like "no you wouldn't". I said I plan to pay a good amount just to walk the course and see a practice round, if I could play...

Posted:
  • Redjeep83Redjeep83 Members  6097WRX Points: 622Posts: 6,097 Titanium Tees

that 50-100k is paying for 3 months on the camps near Everest including training, food, gear, experts watching out for you so it's alot more than playing a 4 hour round of golf at Augusta.

Playing Augusta is rare but you just need to know someone. There was an instagram clip of george gankas with Tristan Gretzkey on the course a few years back playing, I'm sure his dad Wayne had a bit to do with getting him a tee time.

Posted:
  • vallygolfvallygolf Members  584WRX Points: 159Posts: 584 Golden Tee

This is not a value proposition. Simply a bucket list equivalency comparison. Actually that would make for a fantastic poll question. I get the sentiment however.....

Posted:

Advertisement
  • bowilbury8bowilbury8 Members  236WRX Points: 80Posts: 236 Fairways
    Posted:
  • The PearlThe Pearl Members  2085WRX Points: 207Posts: 2,085 Platinum Tees

Really fun decision to work through.

There are 4 main decisions in my opinion:

1. What are the parameters? Is it all day? I would certainly pay more for an all day "Bandon" type experience. On the range at first light. Play 18, lunch, play 18, finish on the par 3, late dinner.
    2. What "premium" do you pay above the normal going rate for the exclusivity? This metric is hard to quantify.
    3. What are the golfing alternatives and opportunity costs for the money paid? At too high a price you can generate multiple golfing experiences. Figures like 40K etc. are just foolishness.
    4. Can you bring your golfing buddies? I would pay less to play by myself than with my golfing buddies.

Depending on what you value most will determine your price tag. I am more interested in the course than the "mystery" of Augusta, so I would pay less for the "honor" of playing it. For me, particularly after experiencing Bandon several times, meandering across St. Andrews or RCD holds much more "romance" than Augusta's exclusivity. But, I certainly would not blame anybody for being drawn to Augusta's mystic.

Posted:
  • Qqq123xxQqq123xx I wake up take a few steps and am in a haze the rest of the day. Members  6949WRX Points: 1,149Handicap: XX.5Posts: 6,949 Titanium Tees

$1000

Would have to include the par 3

And a cabin to stay in.

And maybe a second rd. for $500 and meals

Posted:
    Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
    Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
    MG ball
    Cleveland Classic #4
  • LarkLark Members  221WRX Points: 159Posts: 221 Fairways

If this really were auctioned, the minimum would be $50,000. Winning bid likely in the six figures.

Posted:
  • Qqq123xxQqq123xx I wake up take a few steps and am in a haze the rest of the day. Members  6949WRX Points: 1,149Handicap: XX.5Posts: 6,949 Titanium Tees

Ageed. And the end price would be a lot more. Myself I might be coerced into going $500 more. Probably wouldn't take much.

Posted:
    Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
    Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
    MG ball
    Cleveland Classic #4

Advertisement

a threesome would go for $200,000-$400,000 easy.....

Posted:
  • alyonsalyons Members  5WRX Points: 6Posts: 5 Bunkers

I'd save up for a while and pay up to $3,000.

Posted:
  • TerpFangolferTerpFangolfer Members  752WRX Points: 164Handicap: 6.2Posts: 752 Golden Tee

lot of good points here...I would just add - also get to pick the day...weather would be so important. The son of a guy at my club back in the 90s got to play it - as he was a member of the Yale golf team. But they had 1 day and 1 day only...and it poured most of the day. He still said it was great, but that would totally suck

would say my # is somewhere in the $1,000-1,500 range.

Posted:
    TM R1
    TM Rbz Stage2 3w (15) & 3 hyb (19)
    Mizuno MP-64 4-Pw
    Mizuno MP-T5 50-7
    Titleist Vokey SM-4 54-8 & 58-12
    Ping TR 1966 Anser2

Advertisement
  • CBadGolferCBadGolfer Carlsbad, CAMembers  31WRX Points: 13Handicap: 12Posts: 31 Bunkers

$2,500

Posted:

Cleveland Launcher UHX 4-DW Gold DST 98
    Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo 10.5
    Cleveland Classic XL 3 Wood Aldila NV® Green 65 S
    Cleveland Launcher Halo Hybrid 16
    Cleveland CBX 2 54, 58
    Odyssey Versa #9 White 34
    Srixon Z Star XV

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.