***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

How much would you pay to play Augusta?

1235»

Comments

• hsmahonhsmahon Members, Paid BST  79WRX Points: 83Handicap: 6.8Posts: 79 Fairways

Somewhere between 5k and 10k. People pay that much to WATCH golf there.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • DFS PFDDFS PFD Members  1737WRX Points: 1,007Handicap: 1.8Posts: 1,737 Platinum Tees

I'd pay $10,000 assuming it was in Masters condition. $1000 for regular set up (which is still superb supposedly )

Posted:
    SIM 8* Ventus Black 6X
    G410 LST  HZRDUS Smoke Hulk 6.5TX 60g 
    Epic Flash SZ 15* Tensei PW 80TX
    2-PW Ping Blueprint DG X7
    55* SM8 Raw
    61* SM8 Raw
    L.A.B 2.1 

• ShankyouverymuchShankyouverymuch Members  21WRX Points: 26Posts: 21 Bunkers

My son's college football team plays an outing at Pinehurst #2 every year. Cost is $1,250/person not including travel and lodging etc.. One of my tailgate friends played and they got a team logo pullover as a gift. He always referred to it as his $1,000 pullover. It was supposed to be a scramble but they knew they would not win so they all just played their own ball to get the full experience. I've played The Ocean Course twice at around $400 plus caddy. Heck, I paid something like $50 to just hit balls on the range at The Ocean Course with my son one year when we were there. I would probably go up to $1,000 for Augusta but that is more my wallet limitations. There was an article on Golf.com that talked about ways to get on Augusta. Most likely ways were to be a volunteer or a journalist and hope to get lucky and hit the tee time lottery.

Posted:
  • adl300adl300 Members  103WRX Points: 32Handicap: 3Posts: 103 Fairways

you gotta go for it. the answer is whatever they want to charge for it. it's simple.

Posted:
  • Jcbgt106Jcbgt106 Members  52WRX Points: 31Handicap: 1.5Posts: 52 Bunkers

For me I think $5,000 is the answer but I want the members experience - dont kick me out right after the round, let me hang around for a cocktail or two.

Posted:
  • RSinSGRSinSG St George, UT (Formerly Palm Springs, CA)ClubWRX  3518WRX Points: 542Handicap: 7.3Posts: 3,518 ClubWRX

My buddy and I played Pebble and Spyglass in 2018 and stayed at the PB resort. That was over $4k each and worth it. I probably won't do it again but I'm glad I went. I have an acquaintance who is good friends with a member at ANGC and he has taken several people to play there. Its not cheap even when a member gets you on. I'm still working that angle hopeful to get asked but for now all I've gotten was some shirts and other Masters stuff. To answer the OP question I would gladly drop $10k for the experience. It is one of the few remaining items on my golf bucket list.

Posted:
    Ping G410 Tour AD DI S
    Ping G30 3 wood, 5 wood
    Ben Hogan VTKR 21* hybrid
    Ping G400 Irons 5-SW, Steel Fiber i95
    Ping Glide 60* LW
    Scotty Cameron Studio Blade (or)
     Scotty CameronFastback
    Gamegolf
    https://www.ledges.com/ Home course

Advertisement
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers  4813WRX Points: 1,889Posts: 4,813 Titanium Tees

PT Barnum would be proud of this thread. I'd pay more for a round at Cypress Point over ANGC. Every day. That's just me. That said given the chance to play Cypress Point tomorrow I wouldn't pay anything near some of the absurd "bucket list" numbers people have mentioned to play Augusta. Interesting that some here whine about paying $4+ dollars a ball for a premium golf ball yet will claim to drop near 5 figures for a round of golf at Augusta. So WRX.

Posted:
  • Carl Spackler3Carl Spackler3 Members  1301WRX Points: 454Posts: 1,301 Platinum Tees

I suppose $500 would be my tops for Augusta, 1/2 that for other places, ( pebble< Shinnicock,Erin Hills)

Posted:
    Titleist 915 D2
    Ping G 3 W
    Ping G 5W
    Ping G25 Hybrid
    Mizuno JPX 900 hot metal 5-GW
    Vokey 52-08 sm4
    Vokey 56-14 sm6
    Odyssey White Hot RX2 ( but it better be careful)
  • WildcatGolferWildcatGolfer Members  159WRX Points: 66Handicap: ∞Posts: 159 Fairways

to be entered into a raffle? $100 since I know it’s about as useful as setting fire to it. For a guaranteed spot? 2500

Posted:
    Shovels
    Rakes
    2x4s
    Baseball Bat
  • shantanu1203shantanu1203 Members  80WRX Points: 24Posts: 80 Fairways

$2k easy!

Posted:
  • MaxBuckMaxBuck Members  526WRX Points: 270Posts: 526 Golden Tee

I'm not all that enthusiastic about playing Augusta, but I'd certainly shell out at least $3k for Pine Valley.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • monty09monty09 Members  337WRX Points: 100Posts: 337 Greens
    Posted:
  • deckmc4868deckmc4868 ColoradoMembers  14WRX Points: 26Handicap: 10Posts: 14 Bunkers

$5k... no doubt!

Posted:

All my grips are Golf Pride Gold Mid size

Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* Ping Tour XStiff 75

3 Wood: Ping G400 14.5* Ping Tour XStiff 75

3 Hybrid: Ping G410 19* Ping Tour XStiff 85

Irons: Ping i200 +1 1/2" White Dot 4-UW Dynamic Gold x100 

Wedges: Vokey SM7 54* and 58*

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

• az2auaz2au Scottsdale, AZ/New York, NYUnregistered  2302WRX Points: 463Handicap: 4.8Posts: 2,302 Platinum Tees

I know several people that have played there. None of them have paid a cent because the member has always paid. My wife has actually stayed onsite in a cabin for a work function as a guest of a member but I couldn't go due to my own work commitment. I'm 100% sure I'll play there some day if I really want to push connections to make it happen but to this point I haven't done so.

Posted:
  • averysdadaverysdad Members  1494WRX Points: 310Posts: 1,494 Platinum Tees

I’ve know some dudes who have played there and it was hard core bucket list but you gotta know somebody or have a solid in but I’d drop a grand in a sec to play it in members condition in a sec....I’ve got a feeling I couldn’t break 120 in masters condition

Posted:
  • b_smith07b_smith07 Members  225WRX Points: 74Handicap: 4.2Posts: 225 Fairways

I'd pay $5,000 in a heartbeat. Probably $10k if there was really an offer. Its such a bucket list thing that very few people ever get an invite to do. Ive paid $400 to play Chambers and about $300 for Torrey and Pinehurst #2....and those are all public.

And I agree...if there was an auction....all 25 of those foursomes would go for at least 6 figures a man.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • pkellz25pkellz25 Members  50WRX Points: 20Handicap: 8.2Posts: 50 Bunkers

Easy 3k. Once in a lifetime.

Posted:

In my Nike Standbag:

Taylormade SIM max 9* W/testing shafts at the moment

Callaway X Hot 3 Wood W/Matrix 7m3 Black Tie

Callaway X Hot 3 Hybrid

Taylormade Speedblade 4-PW W/DG S300

Callaway Mack Daddy 4 50*, 54* 58*

SeeMore PTM3 Milled

Titleist Prov1x

• ChrismydawgChrismydawg JLo Members  409WRX Points: 66Handicap: 4Posts: 409 Greens

$1000

Posted:
  • njlamnjlam Members  910WRX Points: 63Posts: 910 Golden Tee

Easily $10K as a single.

To have a foursome of my friends and to stay overnight? $50K.

Posted:
    Driver: Ping Rapture 12 w/MR Diamana BB R
    Woods: Ping G25 4w & 7w w/MR Diamana BB R
    Hybrid: PXG 25 w/MR Tensei Red R
    Irons: Ping i200 5-U w/Project X 5.5 LZ
    Wedges: Cleveland 588 Tour Issue w/DG S400
    Putter: Gamer GOAT
    Ball: Titleist ProV1x
  • 88alphaK1NG88alphaK1NG Members  4WRX Points: 5Posts: 4 Starters

doesn't the boys club of NY do a yearly auction that starts at 250k for a foursome with a charter?

Posted:
  • alphabits12alphabits12 Members  48WRX Points: 10Posts: 48 Bunkers

$2k for sure, maybe more

Posted:

Advertisement
  • monty09monty09 Members  337WRX Points: 100Posts: 337 Greens

i think 75-100k for a foursome is prob in the area of getting it done...

Posted:
  • miamistompmiamistomp Members  102WRX Points: 73Handicap: 13Posts: 102 Fairways

I love the tradition of the Masters but would rather play Pine Valley

truthfully I often enjoy walking the great courses and enjoying the architecture more than actually playing them as a one off

Posted:
  • blitzgolfblitzgolf Members  41WRX Points: 20Posts: 41 Bunkers

Agree with CMCS. I could see them going for hundreds of thousands - million / foursome. Write off to a lot of corporate guys / foreign money who would all want a spot.

I'm in at the 10K if anyone has a spot 😁

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.