Bandon Dunes Caddie Assistance Fund

QuarterTank ·  
QuarterTankQuarterTank Members  60WRX Points: 54Posts: 60 Bunkers

Hi all-

The impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic are continuing to spread. Approximately 350 caddies at Bandon Dunes have been out of work since March 25. A GoFundMe has been launched with the assistance of The Greater Bandon Association to aid these caddies in these difficult times. I hope that some will consider a donation to aid those in need.

Here is a link to the GoFundMe Page:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/q33nw-bandon-caddie-relief-fund

"When it rains look for rainbows, when it's dark look for stars"

The sun is out in Bandon and waves are crashing on the beach. The fescue has been invigorated by spring and the greens are perfect. However, some of the finest and most revered courses in the world are empty and awaiting the return of the heart of Bandon Dunes...the golfers. It’s times like these that make us ask a simple question: What is greater than golf? The quote above provides us, the caddies of Bandon, the hope of being here when you return.

Due to the generosity of the The Greater Bandon Association, a 501(c)(3) dedicated to the community and economic revitalization of the greater Bandon area and the cooperative support of Bandon Dunes Golf Resort, we have launched this GoFundMe page to ask for your donations to the Bandon Caddie Relief Fund. The fund will benefit the hard-working men and women comprising the Bandon Dunes Caddie Program.

It is difficult to determine a financial goal for this campaign, due to the size of our program and the number of individuals and families that will be assisted by your generosity. We are hoping this campaign will grow large enough to provide each caddie with enough support to help them through this difficult period. Due to the size of this endeavor, we are setting our goal at $1 and leaving it up to your discretion. Our goal will be met when each person with a memorable caddie experience at Bandon Dunes has had an opportunity to show their appreciation through this Fund. We have over 350 caddies out of work since March 25th. We like to think of our guests as the heart of the resort, and we hope you see us as it’s soul.

This pandemic has proven certain things are "greater than golf." Once we break through this chaotic time, please know we will still be here to exceed in customer service. As always, our professional goal is to provide you with the golf experience of a lifetime, with memories and many laughs to carry you through. We look forward to seeing you in the future when we can once again cheer your net pars or kick back that 3 footer.

Be well, healthy and safe.

Far and sure,

Your Bandon Dunes Caddies

#greaterthangolf

I apologize if this is posted in the wrong forum and ask that a moderator move if necessary.

Thank you

Posted:

Comments

• 2ball2ball LEFTY Members  635WRX Points: 130Posts: 635 Golden Tee

970 donors and $112,000 already wow. I should start a go fund me page.

Posted: