GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE, PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE.

Maltby Moment XII Tour

GandGolf ·  
GandGolfGandGolf Members  21WRX Points: 51Posts: 21 Bunkers

Just wanted to give a shout out to a new purchase I made that I feel is a hidden gem. The Maltby Moment XII putter is fantastic. The alignment cue is unique but makes sense when you are over the ball. I really like the weighting and feel. I’m pretty positive it’s a keeper for me, been really helping my putting thus far. If you have 100 bucks to spare and are on the hunt it may be worth looking into.

Posted:

Comments

• DarthFader17DarthFader17 Members  62WRX Points: 34Posts: 62 Bunkers

What type of putters do you normally game? Ive been interested in this one and when i inevitably determine my putter needs an update, i will likely go this route... any chance you’d post a couple pics? Give a but more detail about what you like/think about it? Maltby is taking over my whole bag, started with “cheap” wedges and now i have a set of TS2/TS1 combos and am looking at their fairways...

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • BogeyParBogeyBogeyParBogey Trying to get better... northern ILMembers  273WRX Points: 113Handicap: not keptPosts: 273 Greens

I thought about buying one of the Maltby Moment putters, but was able to roll a Wilson Staff Infinite The Bean in store. They're about the same price and I was happy with the Wilson so I bought it.

Dave

Posted:
  • GandGolfGandGolf Members  21WRX Points: 51Posts: 21 Bunkers

So I switched to this putter after gaming a Scotty Studio Select Newport 2.5. Gamed that for the last 5 years I would say. Before that the only other putter beyond that I used was a Scotty Cameron Futura. The one with two red lines on top. I don’t switch often at all. Typically stay put ounce I find something I like for a long period of time. First thing I like is that it sets up very square right away. Now I will say this is probably how the newer Mallet putters are in general I would think although I haven’t used one beyond a few putts at a local shop, so it doesn’t separate itself in that way. The weight is ideal for me, not extremely heavy in the head but plenty heavy enough to have the solid feel. I was looking for a putter that had a single line on top that extended through the top line so the line was directly against the ball unlike my Newport. Last thing I like is it just feels so forgiving, like it just seems to stay square through the ball. Again I’m sure this is the same with the putter market focusing on High MOI etc. I never used a two ball style putter before now but It does give some extra confidence. I’ve always used super stroke grips well at least since they have come out so having it already installed was a nice bonus. Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy to help during the down time. Overall it’s just one of those happy accidents so far. 100 bucks went way further than it typically does in the Golf equipment world, I don’t envision switching again for quite awhile.

Posted:
  • Bobb3rdownBobb3rdown Bothell, WAMembers  815WRX Points: 226Posts: 815 Golden Tee

I have a ptm-4. Love this thing. Maltby putters are legit

Posted:
    Titleist 910D3 8.5
    Titleist 910FD 13.5
    Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5
    Adams Pro Mini 23
    Bridgestone Tour B X-CB 5-pw 
    Cleaveland Rtx4 Raw 50mid, 56mid, 60low
    Maltby Ptm-4
    2018 Players 5 Stand Bag
    2017 Srixon Z Star
  • deepreddeepred Members  359WRX Points: 104Handicap: 12Posts: 359 Greens

I love the look of this putter, I see the original Moment X and the red Tour version are now $20 off. My cheap self is hoping they put the XII on sale next.

Posted:
    Cleveland Classic XL Driver
    KE4 5 wood 17* 43”
    Maltby MXU 23* 
    Maltby Tricept TU 5 Iron
    Wilson Pi5 6-PW
    Wilson JP 55* SW
    Ram Watson Troon Grind 58
    Ray Cook M2 Mallet

Thanks for posting this, there are so few reviews on the website I was wondering if anyone was buying it.

I wish the bar across the back was a little lower so my old **** could use it to pick the ball up off the green, LOL

Posted:
    KE4 5 wood 17* 43”
    Maltby MXU 23* 
    Maltby Tricept TU 5 Iron
    Wilson Pi5 6-PW
    Wilson JP 55* SW
    Ray Cook M2 Mallet

Advertisement

Lol...that’s definitely one thing it lacks not easy to use it to pick up the ball. Maybe you could resort to the suction cup on the end of the grip.

Posted:
  • jurgie54jurgie54 Members  22WRX Points: 20Handicap: 21Posts: 22 Bunkers

Hard to beat the value of these at $100. If I wouldn't have found my current TaylorMade on sale I would've been all over one of these.

Posted:
  • PeanutsDaddyPeanutsDaddy Members  8740WRX Points: 358Posts: 8,740 Titanium Tees

I quite like the shape of the head. Thank you for sharing the pictures.

Posted:
    Cobra King F9 10.5*
    Cobra F9 14.5*
    Cobra 18.5*
    Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
    NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
    Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
    Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

I was thinking of a Never Bend grip but they sold out of the good colors, lol

Posted:
    KE4 5 wood 17* 43”
    Maltby MXU 23* 
    Maltby Tricept TU 5 Iron
    Wilson Pi5 6-PW
    Wilson JP 55* SW
    Ray Cook M2 Mallet
  • DarthFader17DarthFader17 Members  62WRX Points: 34Posts: 62 Bunkers

Thank you! Love the pics and the detail in your feedback. nothing like happy accidents! That's actually how my wedges came about...I lost my 60* and broke my 52, (actually gamed it that way for about a month

) finally convinced the wife I needed to get some wedges, but she made me find the cheapest I could find....and now here we are...And I couldn't be happier...because of Maltby, I feel like I can actually afford this stupid game and still have most of the modern tech...and they are actually catching up in the looks department!

How would you rate the sound/feel? I have only rolled the TM spider once, would you say the feel is a bit more muted like that, or a little more lively or "clicky" as some other putters?

Thanks for the info! I agree with deepred, there are so few posts!

Posted:

Advertisement

I’ve only rolled the spiders a few times but from what I remember this one is much more of a live clicky feel. Definitely what you would expect from something without the insert. I Love the feel, but I’ve never liked inserts in putters. As far as the sound goes it doesn’t clink or clank like the old Futuras or something along those lines, it’s just a solid full sound.

Posted:
  • artist08artist08 Members  763WRX Points: 119Handicap: 0.4Posts: 763 Golden Tee

I just bought one of these - 20% off assembled clubs. Great deal! I haven’t gotten a chance to roll it on a green yet, but I’ll keep you posted.

Posted:

I saw that sale and was so tempted, but somehow didn’t pull the trigger, will love to hear your experience!

Posted:
    KE4 5 wood 17* 43”
    Maltby MXU 23* 
    Maltby Tricept TU 5 Iron
    Wilson Pi5 6-PW
    Wilson JP 55* SW
    Ray Cook M2 Mallet
  • artist08artist08 Members  763WRX Points: 119Handicap: 0.4Posts: 763 Golden Tee

Rolled a couple on the practice green after the round. Feel and balance were excellent. I’ll take it out and the course this week and really put it to the test.

Posted:

I played a couple of rounds with it. I’m very impressed! My distance control is excellent with this stick.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.