2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

APPLY NOW: Wilson Staff Model Golf Balls And The Baller Box Subscription Plan!

BKFFC3LO9AS2.jpgWilson Golf just announced the brand new premier Staff Model, 4-piece, golf ball and Baller Box subscription plan! We are looking for 6 members to test out the new Staff Model golf ball and Baller Box program, reporting back to the community. This is a great event to test a brand new tour-caliber ball that you cannot purchase in stores! Apply now for your chance to be a tester!

About the Staff Model Golf Ball

This new ball is a tour ball that offers maximum ball speed and higher spinning iron shots for maximum performance and control. Wilson's advanced V-COR additive generates maximum velocity off the club for greater distance performance while the HPF inner mantle gives the ball a soft feel and controls spin. The hard ionomer mantle increases velocity off the club face distance and works in conjunction with the cast urethane cover to provide the control and spin on complex approach shots.

How to Apply

In a post below, answer the following:

City, Sate?Handicap?Current golf ball?What would you improve with your current ball?Would you use a subscription golf ball program?How far do you carry your driver and 7i?Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos?You must be a U.S. member in good standing and be able to test the golf balls outdoors on course as well as practice time.

GolfWRX and Wilson Golf will select the testers from the applicants and contact them via PM in about 1 week.

9SCX3XBSTMA4.jpeg

E4LHY6OLXJMM.jpeg

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

City, State? - Naperville, ILHandicap? - Everything. Oh wait, 17.Current golf ball? - KSig OriginalWhat would you improve with your current ball? - Make it available againWould you use a subscription golf ball program? - Possibly. Not good at commitments.How far do you carry your driver and 7i? - Carry 220-225. 7i - 160Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? - Yes, as long as the images are of the ball. My kids say I have the perfect face for radio.Are there points for attempted humor?

Love this and Wilson is the new official ball of the TSSAA, our HS sports governing body.

City, Sate? Franklin, TN

Handicap? 11.2

Current golf ball? Pro V

What would you improve with your current ball? Love it, it carry's a rep but at a cost.

Would you use a subscription golf ball program? Yes

How far do you carry your driver and 7i? Driver 225 - 250, 7i is right at 155

Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

City, Sate? Memphis, TNHandicap? 10.3Current golf ball? Callaway ChromesoftWhat would you improve with your current ball? Maybe a little lower trajectoryWould you use a subscription golf ball program? Yes, if I found the golf ball for me.How far do you carry your driver and 7i? 174 yardsDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely

City, Sate? Fresno, CAHandicap? 1.4Current golf ball? Srixon Z Star XVWhat would you improve with your current ball? Cover durability on full wedge swingsWould you use a subscription golf ball program? Yes I wouldHow far do you carry your driver and 7i? 275 & 175Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? You bet!

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM9 54° D, 60° T, KBS TGI 95s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

City, Sate? Nottingham, MDHandicap? 10Current golf ball? Bridgestone Tour BXSWhat would you improve with your current ball? Consistency and better spinWould you use a subscription golf ball program? I'd certainly consider it especially if it's a good product How far do you carry your driver and 7i? Driver carry about 240, 7i carry about 155-160Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

City, Sate? Pittsburgh, PaHandicap? 2.1Current golf ball? Tp5XWhat would you improve with your current ball? DurabilityWould you use a subscription golf ball program? i would consider itHow far do you carry your driver and 7i? Driver 270 and 7i 170Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes i do

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

Harrisburg, North Carolina6.4Snell MTB-XA little more spin on short iron (7,8,9) shots and durability on finishI typically go through a box a month so yes, I'd be interested in this service235/155Yes

Srixon Z785 6-P
PXG 0211 4h & 5h
Mizuno T 56/58/60
Tour Edge C721 10.5 w/Ventus Red R
PXG 0341 Proto 3w
Titleist 909 5w
TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs Spider
Snell MTB-X

Hollidaysburg, Pa

Titleist ProV1x

Greenside spin on partial shots and more firmness off the tee for more ball speed.

It would depend on price and recurrence of delivery, but I’m open to it.

270/170

Of course I do!

Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Fujikura Motore Speeder VC7.2 Tour Spec X

Taylormade V-Steel 15* Aldila Tour Blue 75TX

Titleist 913 19* Diamana 82hy S
Srixon ZX4 MKII 4i Modus 105s

Srixon ZX5 MKII 5-P Modus 105s

TM MG 50/54 Project X 6.5 8i 

TM Tiger Grind 60* TI s400

TM Rossa Tourismo agsi+

Apply

City, Sate? Birmingham, AL Handicap? 9Current golf ball? ProV1x What would you improve with your current ball? Softer feel Would you use a subscription golf ball program? Yes How far do you carry your driver and 7i? 230/245; 160Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely!

PXG Proto +, 10.5 turned to 9; Ventus 
PXG Gen4 3 metal ; Tensei Blue
PXG Gen4  5 metal;  Tensei Blue
PXG Gen4 hybrid; 21 degrees
PXG Gen4 Ps; 5-Gap with Nippon 950gh S
PXG Sugar Daddy wedges; 54 and 58; Nippon 950gh S

PXG 38” counter balanced, PXG Mustang

Titleist Pro V1x

City, Sate? Portland, OregonHandicap? 7Current golf ball? ProV1X What would you improve with your current ball? Softer feelWould you use a subscription golf ball program? MaybeHow far do you carry your driver and 7i? 265/165Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

City, Sate? Watsonville, CaHandicap? 9.2Current golf ball? Bridgestone Tour B RX / ProV1What would you improve with your current ball? Neither ball seems to listen very well.Would you use a subscription golf ball program? If the price was right I might consider it.How far do you carry your driver and 7i? 230 / 155Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes.

City, Sate? Norwood, NJHandicap? 8 Current golf ball? Vice Pro Plus/ Bridgestone B XSWhat would you improve with your current ball? Driver spin Would you use a subscription golf ball program?Yes How far do you carry your driver and 7i? 275 & 180 Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

City, Sate? Atlanta, GAHandicap? 4Current golf ball? Wilson Duo Soft SpinWhat would you improve with your current ball? Maybe a little more distance, but on the whole I'm pretty happy with the ball.Would you use a subscription golf ball program? potentially, but the value proposition needs to be more than just ease of getting balls direct to your front door.How far do you carry your driver and 7i? Modern: 270, 165; Hickory: 235, 160Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? yes

City, Sate? Carmel, IndianaHandicap? 11.3Current golf ball? Currently in the market (switching from Kirkland 3-piece)What would you improve with your current ball? Higher compression, lower spinWould you use a subscription golf ball program? MaybeHow far do you carry your driver and 7i? 265 and 160 (ish)Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? yes

City, Sate? Brookfield, ILHandicap? 8Current golf ball? Titleist pro v1xWhat would you improve with your current ball? Better distanceWould you use a subscription golf ball program? NoHow far do you carry your driver and 7i? 250 and 175Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

City, Sate? - Palmetto, FLHandicap? - 15Current golf ball? - TP5What would you improve with your current ball? - Spin around greenWould you use a subscription golf ball program? If the ball helped my overall game and was better than my current gamer. How far do you carry your driver and 7i? - 290/170Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? - yes

City, Sate? Reno, NVHandicap? 5Current golf ball? Titleist Prov1XWhat would you improve with your current ball? Not much, it is really good, but I do love options. Would you use a subscription golf ball program? Possibly, if the ball was better, or the price was rightHow far do you carry your driver and 7i? Driver 315. 7 iron 197Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Of course

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

City, Sate? St Petersburg, FLHandicap? 9Current golf ball? Bridgestone Tour B XWhat would you improve with your current ball? In terms of performance, not much. I wouldn't mind it being a touch softer and a bit less expensive.Would you use a subscription golf ball program? Yes, it would take one more thing off of my busy calendar.How far do you carry your driver and 7i? 7 iron 175 yards, Driver 280 yardsDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely. I have a SkyTrak at my office and can provide a detailed review comparing to a few different "tour" level balls.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

City, Sate? Minneapolis, MNHandicap? 11Current golf ball? Srixon Z StarWhat would you improve with your current ball? more ball speedWould you use a subscription golf ball program? probably not as I do not lose many ballsHow far do you carry your driver and 7i? Driver~230 and 7i~150Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

City, Sate? Manti, UTHandicap? 7Current golf ball? Srixon Z star XVWhat would you improve with your current ball? A little more spin around the green without increasing spin on full shots.Would you use a subscription golf ball program? I'm not entirely sure. Depends on a few factors, like lost ball rate, cost, does it come on a regular basis or just when I order, and obviously do I like the ball, etc...How far do you carry your driver and 7i? Driver: 275, 7i: 180Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

Callaway Epic Max LS
Callaway Epic Speed Fairway
Callaway X Forged 21* UT
Callaway Apex 21, 5-AW
Callaway MD4, 52, 56, 60
Scotty Cameron, Squareback 2

City, Sate? Fulshear, TX.Handicap? 6.Current golf ball? 2018 ChromeSoft.What would you improve with your current ball? More spin on the short irons.Would you use a subscription golf ball program? It would depend on the frequency.How far do you carry your driver and 7i? 270 yards and 170 yards.Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

City, Sate? Philadelphia, PAHandicap? 13Current golf ball? TP5 or Callaway Truvis. What would you improve with your current ball? I hit the ball very high, always have, even when I had a much higher swing speed. If I could get something a bit flatter with woods I'd be very happy.Would you use a subscription golf ball program? I'm pretty good about not losing balls. I buy around two boxes a year, and I lose them more at courses I don't know than anywhere else, and usually early in the season. Not to say I don't have bad rounds, those happen too. :D That being said, if I liked the ball and knew I could consistently get it at set intervals that I can control/change I would be very interested. A trustworthy ball is like a warm blanket. Comforting and hard to give up.How far do you carry your driver and 7i? Driver:260 7i:160Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes. Since photography is part of my everyday life anyway, that part will especially be easy. :)

D - Tour Burner TP 9.5*/Mitsubishi Diamana Whiteboard 63g 

3W - 07 Burner TP TS/Mitsubishi Diamana Blueboard 73g

2h - Razr Tour/Aldila NV Hybrid 85

3h - Diablo Edge Tour/Motore Speeder Tour Spec 9.8 HB

5-7 - P790/KBS C-Taper 120

8-PW - P770/KBS C-Taper 120

50* - Nike Engage 

54* - Nike VR Forged 

60* - Nike VR Forged

P - Nike Method Origin B2-01 Naked

City, Sate? Albany, NYHandicap? 15Current golf ball? Maxfli TourWhat would you improve with your current ball? Better spin trajectory off the teeWould you use a subscription golf ball program? If price ratio made senseHow far do you carry your driver and 7i? Driver: 270 & 7i: 165-ishDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

Titleist TSR2 9* - Ventus TR Red 6X

Titleist TS3 4W 16.5* - T1100 Evenflow White 6.5

W/S UT 20* - HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0

Callaway Apex '19 4-PW - PX Rifle 6.0

Vokey SM9 49* - PX Rifle 6.0

Vokey SM8 54/58 - PX Rifle 6.0

SINK 1992 Custom

City, Sate? Las Vegas, NVHandicap? 4Current golf ball? Titleiest Pro V1XWhat would you improve with your current ball? I'm happy but a tad more softerWould you use a subscription golf ball program? Yes I think I would since I always have a stock of 5 - 10 doz.How far do you carry your driver and 7i? Driver - 230-245 yds , 7i - 160 ydsDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes I would for sure!

Current "Bag of Tricks"

Driver:  Callaway Maverik 10.5 "Tour Issue" Single Diamond w/Graphite Designs AD-VR5 S 

3W:  Taylormade M1 3HL w/Graphite Designs AD-DI 6 S

Utility:  Taylormade GAPR 3 Low w/Graphite Designs AD-DI 95 S tipped 1"  

Irons:  Miura CB-301 4-PW, SHIMADA S-Shafts, ELITE grips

Wedges:  Titleist Vokey  SM6 F 52/12,      SM7 F 56/14,       SM6 M 60/08 Copper Lmt. Ed.

Putter:  Scotty Tei-22 Fastback 1.5   34"  

Ball:  Titleist Pro V 1X  

City, Sate? - Kansas City, MOHandicap? - 6.2Current golf ball? - Bridgestone Tour B XSWhat would you improve with your current ball? - price pointWould you use a subscription golf ball program? - noHow far do you carry your driver and 7i? - 172Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? - Yes

TSR3 10o - Ventus Blue TR 6-x

915fd 5w - D+ Ltd. 80-x

Ts2 7w - Rombax P95-x

T200 3G 5-P - PX 6.5

Vokey 46oF, 52oF, 56oS, 60oV - PX 6.5

SC T22 NP2

Eugene, OR

20 handicap

Currently play - Callaway ChromeSoft

Is it my swing or is it the ball? Always looking to improve driver carry and have consistent greenside spin

I would use a subscription service for golf balls if I can control the delivery time frame and the price was right.

Driver carry - 225 yards

7i - 155 yards

I will gladly provide any and all reviews, photos and opinions to the GolfWRX forums

APO, AP+2.3 Tour B XS, Z Star, TP5I prefer max spin within ~ 75 yards, but am always searching for a ball that performs better in the wind on full shots.No, I can't see using a subscription. I don't go through a set rate of balls, and I like being able to try other balls on a whim without stockpiling.Driver carry: ~ 265, 7i carry: 175, at sea levelI'm happy to provide honest reviews, and am a photography enthusiast, so yes!

City, Sate? Redondo Beach, CAHandicap? 15.2Current golf ball? Titleist AVXWhat would you improve with your current ball? Price and more spin/touch on the chipsWould you use a subscription golf ball program? YesHow far do you carry your driver and 7i? Driver 240-260 7i 160Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes!