GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE, PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE.

INTRODUCING TIGER TUESDAYS / Which Tiger Woods commercial is your favorite?

GolfWRX ·  
GolfWRXGolfWRX Team GolfWRXMarshals  9091WRX Points: 684Posts: 9,091 Marshals

GolfWRXers, we’re proud to introduce something we think is, frankly (no headcover-related pun intended), long overdue: Tiger Tuesdays.

The 15-time major champion and his equipment have been uniquely interesting to GolfWRX members since our early, forum-only, days. Now, we don’t delude ourselves into thinking the percentage of hardcore TW fans is higher than elsewhere in the golf mediasphere. However, we do believe, with regard to Tiger Woods, the milestones and miscellany of his career—and certainly, his equipment—our serious Woodsian scholars are the best informed in the business.

It’s with this in mind we’re adding Tiger Tuesdays to our weekly content mix. And while the specific pieces you’ll see on the front page will have a multiplicity of forms greater than a tiger’s stripes, and important element will always be GolfWRXer input.

To that end, we’ll be running plenty of polls and surveys in the forums, of which this is one (obviously).

So, GolfWRXers, which Tiger Woods commercial is your favorite?

Posted:
Post edited by BAlberstadt on

Comments

• QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members, ClubWRX  10629WRX Points: 3,756Handicap: 8Posts: 10,629 ClubWRX

The commercials with Frank the headcover.

Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade SIM 10.5 KBS TD 70TX
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 49 and 64
    WEDGES: Titleist SM7 54 and 60 KBS tour custom matte black shafts.
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • shoot4parshoot4par Life's A Course 412ClubWRX  377WRX Points: 130Handicap: 7Posts: 377 ClubWRX

Give Paul Giamatti his due. When Rory and him are on the range. "Dude is that your real hair?" Gets me every-time.

Posted:
    Jones did it with corn whiskey. Hogan with cigarettes & Tiger with will.
    If you were wondering the secrets in the dirt.

WITB
    Driver: Callaway XR Pro 9* (N/S) Oban Kiyoshi Black 65g 04 (Iomic White .60)
    Callaway Epic Subzero 9* (N/S) (TC) Kiyoshi White 65g 04 Kiyoshi White  (Iomic White .60)
    Fairway Wood: Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro Limited 16.5* Kiyoshi White 75g 04 (Iomic White .60)
    Hybrid: CB Pro U 19* Kuro Kage 90s. (Iomic White .60)
    Irons: Miura 1957 Baby Blades 4-PW KBS TOUR 120s Black standard loft / standard lie (Iomic White .60)
    Wedges: Vokey Wedgeworks 52*, 56*, 60* KBS Matte Black 120s (Iomic White .60)
    Putter: Odyssey Metal X Milled #9

WITB
  • Fjc27Fjc27 Members  47WRX Points: 38Posts: 47 Bunkers

I’m ashamed to admit that I never put Frank’s voice to Paul Giamatti until now...

Posted:
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members, ClubWRX  10629WRX Points: 3,756Handicap: 8Posts: 10,629 ClubWRX
    Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade SIM 10.5 KBS TD 70TX
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 49 and 64
    WEDGES: Titleist SM7 54 and 60 KBS tour custom matte black shafts.
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • FergusonFerguson Members  5934WRX Points: 3,396Handicap: 7.0Posts: 5,934 Titanium Tees

The one with Ian Poulter.

Posted:
  • ElMosquitoElMosquito GolfWRX Staff Writer aka Gianni Members  15WRX Points: 25Posts: 15 Bunkers

'Tiger, I am more prone to be inquisitive, to promote discussion. I want to find out what your thinking was. I want to find out what your feelings are, and did you learn anything?'

Genius from Nike.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Dion1970Dion1970 Members  26WRX Points: 16Posts: 26 Bunkers

Hello world.

Posted:
  • tangojaytangojay Members  1076WRX Points: 199Posts: 1,076 Platinum Tees

Why so much Tiger Woods coverage?

Kind of insulting to the rest of the PGA, I know I fall in a very Very small group , but ( I forgot if it was a magazine or webpage ) I enjoyed reading about those golfers in the Nationwide group, the one’s living in their cars and sharing rooms grinding their way to a PGA card.

Hey, maybe have a “Nationwide Tour” section, help them guys out.

Posted:

• cugolf14cugolf14 Members  94WRX Points: 60Posts: 94 Fairways

The one where he was bouncing the ball on the wedge and then ripped it down the fairway was crazy in its time. No one had ever seen anything like that before then.

Posted:
  • heavy_hitterheavy_hitter Members  3870WRX Points: 1,175Posts: 3,870 Titanium Tees

The one's he isn't in.

Posted:
  • MountainGoatMountainGoat Mid-MarylandUnregistered  2811WRX Points: 1,389Posts: 2,811 Titanium Tees

The one in which he hits balls with the same club thru different windows of an old building.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • ztiberiusdztiberiusd Members  10WRX Points: 9Posts: 10 Bunkers

The series of 'Golf Isn't Hard' from the late 90s.

Posted:
  • knick05knick05 Members  54WRX Points: 74Handicap: 7Posts: 54 Bunkers

2005 Masters chip in commercial - revolutionized Nike golf.

Posted:
  • pacifictourpacifictour Members  17WRX Points: 16Posts: 17 Bunkers
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.