2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

APPLY NOW: Sub70 639 Iron Testing! Muscle, Cavity Back, or Combo! Your Choice!

MIW3ZVID14MC.jpg

We are looking for 2 members to test out the new Sub70 639 forged irons! If you are one of the lucky members selected, you will get your choice of 639MB, 639CB, or a combo set of CB long irons and MB short irons! Members need to be able to get these on the course, as well as the range, to put them through their paces and report back to the community with their findings.

About the Sub70 639MB

The Sub 70 639-MB Forged Iron is a study in beauty and efficiency of design. The club head itself begins as a solid billet of DT-4 soft stainless steel. Each head is precision forged for unparalleled feel and responsiveness off the face while the back is finished with a custom milling process. While a traditional blade, offering a thin top line with maximum work-ability and trajectory control, it also provides a muscle back design to provide maximum distance. The MB is a player’s club, to be sure, but one that is of moderate face size, to induce confidence and forgiveness.About the Sub70 639CB

The Sub 70 639-CB Forged Iron is a workhorse for the player who seeks distance and control while retaining feel. The club head itself begins as a solid billet of DT-4 soft stainless steel. Each head is precision forged for unparalleled feel and responsiveness off the face while the back is finished with a custom milling process. The club is designed with a rounded leading edge and sole design to provide better turf interaction for the player who needs forgiveness, and the player’s style cavity back provides additional margin for error while not eliminating workability.

How To Apply

In a post below, answer the following:

City, Sate?Handicap?Current gamer irons?Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons?What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)?Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos?You must be a U.S. member in good standing and be able to test the clubs outdoors on course as well as on the range.

GolfWRX and Sub70 will select the testers from the applicants and contact them via PM in about 2 weeks.

2K0LDCCC6RVE.jpg

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

City, Sate? Warren, MIHandicap? 10Current gamer irons? Mizuno MP18 SC 4-PW w/ project x 6.5Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I like the way the irons look and I would like to know if they feel as good as they look. I was already considering demoing there irons this summer.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? CBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes, I agree.

How To Apply

City, Sate? St Petersburg, FLHandicap? 9Current gamer irons? Titleist 718 AP2Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I would love to see how an up and comer in the industry can compare to one of the most respected brands in the industry. My second set is a set of Nike VR Pro Combo's so I could do a direct apples to apples comparison with that set as well. They look fantastic and I really like the milling!!What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? Combo 3-6 iron CB, 7-PW bladeDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely!You must be a U.S. member in good standing and be able to test the clubs outdoors on course as well as on the range.

GolfWRX and Sub70 will select the testers from the applicants and contact them via PM in about 2 weeks.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

City, Sate? Edmond, OKHandicap? 9.8Current gamer irons? PXG Gen 3 0311TWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Reputation, style/lookWhat set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

GAMER SETUP:

Callaway AiSmoke TD 8* @ 7* | Tour AD HD 7s 

Callaway AiSmoke TD 3W | Denali Black 6.0 70g

TaylorMade SIM Ti 5W | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway Apex Black 4-P | Nippon Modus 120 S +1"

Titleist 48* @ 49* Vokey SM9 | Nippon Modus 120 S +1”

Titleist 54* @ 55* Vokey SM9 | Nippon Modus 120 S +1”

Titleist 58* @ 59* Vokey SM9 | Nippon Modus 120 S +1”

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 | 36" - 71* - 3.5*

City, Sate? San Francisco, CAHandicap? 19Current gamer irons? P790Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Have followed this company for about two years and I’m intrigued to see if their price point meets performance!What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

City, Sate? Portland ORHandicap? 18Current gamer irons? Titleist T200Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Very interested in Sub70, and want to contribute something back to this community, RE reviewingWhat set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

City, State? Swampscott, MAHandicap? 4.7Current gamer irons? Ping i200 (black dot), ping awt 2.0 shaftWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I have followed the company for some time and have always been interested in testing these irons out, but really can never find a spot to try them. would love the opportunity!What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

City, Sate? Jonesboro, ARHandicap? 3Current gamer irons? Mizuno MP 20 MBWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? They look amazing. I have been a mizuno blade guy for years but would like to find another brand that I would like the feel of. What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? MB possibly Combo on longer irons since I don't play 3 or 4 iron currentlyDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes for sure

Callaway Paradym TD Ventus 6S Black Velocore
TM Sim2 3 wood Tour AD DI 7x
TM Sim 5 wood Ventus Blue Velocore 8x
Mizuno JPX 923 Modus 120x 
Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide
Vokeys SM9 56,60

City, Sate? Hoschton GAHandicap? 6.8Current gamer irons? Ping i210Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Been looking closely at forged irons as I miss the feel. What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? CBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? For sure

City, State? San Jose, CAHandicap? 20Current gamer irons? 2015 JPX EZ Forged 4 - AW w/Project X 5.0Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Curious to see how an upstart can match up against the big OEMs. Love the look of sub70s and would love to support a smaller club manufacturer. As my ball-striking has improved I've been interested to see see how a mb would do for my mid/shorter irons compared to my current CBs.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? Combo, CB 4-6 and MB 7 - PW. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely!

City, Sate? Sault Ste Marie, MIHandicap? 7Current gamer irons? Titleist AP2Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I would love to play and support a club maker that takes pride in the quality of their build. I’ve heard positive reviews and I believe it’s time we as consumers start expecting service that Sub70 golf provides. In addition, I believe they are providing an opportunity to play great clubs leading to better performance, resulting in more fun. Plus, I think at their fair price point it can help grow the game. What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? YesThanks

City, Sate? Joplin, MOHandicap? 5-6Current gamer irons? Hogan Ft. WorthWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? They are gorgeous! I love the milling, the compact head, great shape and topline. Just awesome! I'm also interested in the forged stainless, vs traditional forged carbon steel irons as I've mostly playing forged carbon steel blades. What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? MB.Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely! I've got a DSLR ready to take some awesome photos.

City, Sate? South Boston, Va Handicap? 1Current gamer irons? P790Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I've been looking at new forged irons to replace my p790 (go way too far) and the Sub70 have caught my attention. What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? Combo Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes.

City, State? San Diego, CAHandicap? 8.6Current gamer irons? Titleist AP3Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I'd heard about Sub70 a few months ago and read a lot of good things about the company. The irons look great for the price. Would love to see how they perform at Torrey Pines!What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes.Thanks again to WRX for another great opportunity.

**WITB** **Driver**: Titleist TS2 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Elite Orange S **3 Wood**: Adams Idea XTD 15* Super S Hybrid w/ Fubuki AX350 S **Utility**: Titleist 818H2 19* and 23* w/ Fujikura Motore TS HB 8.8 **5-PW**: Titleist AP3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lites **WEDGES**: Titleist Vokey SM7 52* and 56* **PUTTER**: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 w/ Superstroke

City, Sate? Scottsdale, AZHandicap? 7 and trending downCurrent gamer irons? Srixon Z585 / Z785 comboWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Sub 70's whole lineup is really eye catching, and I've always preferred to steer away from golf biggest brands, opting for Bridgestone and Srixon iron sets in the past. Recently, the DTC options have been calling my name. I've been wanting to test something from Sub 70 for a while. The price and looks are reviews are all so good. I'd be stoked about this one. What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? 639 CB all the way. That is a beautiful iron.Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Definitely. Golf courses in AZ are open. I'm at the range everyday on my lunch hour. Wife is a photographer, so I am ready. Let's do this.

PING G400 MAX 10*, Ventus Blue 6X

Cleveland HiBore XL 2 Wood - THE GOAT

Cobra F6 Baffler 17,5*, AD DI 8S

Cobra F7 Hybrid 21.5*, AD DI 95S

Srixon ZX5mk2 5, ZX7mk2 6-PW Modus 120x

50/54/60 Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore DG Spinner

City, Sate? Fort Wayne, INHandicap? 3Current gamer irons? Pxg 0311pWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? They are a very solid looking forged irons. I am very interested to personally test what how they perform against offering from bigger companies.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)?Combo setDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes Thank You WRX

City, Sate? Covington, LaHandicap? 4.7Current gamer irons? Mizuno Craft Made 911Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Because I love blades and these look incredible!What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? MBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes I doThanks for the opportunity!

City, State? Marion, IAHandicap? 4.7Current gamer irons? Callaway Steelhead XRWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I have Sub70 wedges which I love. I'm interested to see if their irons are as good as their wedges and could replace my gamers by providing good distance and superlative control.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? CBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes, definitely! Would also post on Twitter where I have over 2000 followers.

City, Sate? Slc, UTHandicap? 4.0Current gamer irons? Nike vapor pro comboWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I've been looking at sub70 as replacement irons for awhile since Nike stopped making clubs. The aesthetic and the price point make them an excellent value and the opportunity to test before buying would be awesome.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? I would like to test the MB set as I think they would be closest to my current setup.Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes. I've been playing roughly 4 rounds a week and would put them through the ringer.

City, State? Shelby Twp, MIHandicap? 4.2Current gamer irons? Taylormade rsi TPWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Wanted to try them for a while now. Love the look of them and I'm in the market for a combo set. The price point is unreal and it seems these are just what I'm looking for.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely!!!

newport, R.I. 2.5718 AP2 - Project X LZ 6.0 i have been following Sub 70 on twitter for a bit now and am very curious about the quality of their irons and would love to be part of helping them grow their brand. MB or Combo Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes - I agree and consent to the terms.

City, Sate? Pinehurst, NCHandicap? 7Current gamer irons? Titleist 755 with project x 6.5 soft stepped twiceWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Looking for new irons and want something more forgiving. I was fitted about 6 years ago when I swung around 114 mph and now swinging about 104. I know that I need something new. I am actually scheduled to have a fitting and would love to test these out compared to all the OEM brands to see which is the best bang for the buckWhat set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? Cavity back, I am not the greatest ball striker Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes I love posting pictures, videos and critiques of things. I am a social media person

City, Sate? Folsom, CAHandicap? 4.5Current gamer irons? Ping i210, red dot, Modus 105sWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? As a sales manager who travels, I am interested in an iron with forged feel that can plan in a variety of course conditions across the Western USWhat set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? YES! I have reviewed many items in the past, and was a former moderator on another web site for golf

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* // LA Golf DJ Series 65 (5)
TM Stealth Plus 13.5* // Ventus Black 6x
Callaway Uwood 19* // Ventus Blue 7s
4i - Callaway Rogue ST Pro // Mitsubishi MMT 105tx

5i-PW - NCW // Mitsubishi MMT 105tx
Vokey SM8 52.12F S300
Vokey SM8 56.14F S200
Vokey SM8 60.14K S200
Odyssey 2 ball ten
Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

City, Sate? - Raleigh, NCHandicap? - 14.2Current gamer irons? - Cleveland 588 CB/MB combo Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? - Love the look, love the customer service behind the company, been interested in seeing how they perform for a whileWhat set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? - ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? - Absolutely. Have access to a driving near the house and the golf club I am a member at.

City, Sate? Chicago, ILHandicap? 14Current gamer irons? Titleist 710 AP2Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Love the looks of the clubs, and got to take a couple swings at the Chicago Golf Show, as well as meet Jason. Was a fantastic experience and the clubs were great, and Jason was extremely nice, professional, and super helpful and easy to talk to about clubs and the company. Their customer service has always been top notch with questions either via email or on social media!What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? CBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes, I agree.

City, Sate? Hillsboro, OregonHandicap? 7Current gamer irons? Ping i210Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Compare performance vs major OEM performanceWhat set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? CBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

City, Sate? Medford OregonHandicap? 9.3Current gamer irons? 2007 Callaway X Forged, Project X 6.0 3-PWWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Who wouldn't want to test these irons, they look amazing. Been gaming my last set of irons for 13 years and will be buying a new set later this year. This would be perfect timing for me, I play 2-3 times a week and could put these irons through the ringer.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? Combo would be my preference, but would do CB as wellDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? I would be thorough in my reviews and ongoing testing

I’m in Manhattan IL

10 handicap

current set, Adams Golf Ovation 3 irons

I would love to test a set of these clubs because I’m locally close to Sub 70, I’ve heard incredible things about the customer service and the clubs themselves, I currently feel like my game is ready to leap what my current clubs can do so I can make shots attacking the pin, not just the green.

id love to play the muscle back

and absolutely I can hit a number of driving ranges and courses in my area

City, Sate? Woolwich Twp, NJHandicap? 4Current gamer irons? Titleist AP2 718Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Value for price and commitment to the customerWhat set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? MBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? I'll buy the latest iPhone for photos and download multiple writing apps

How To Apply

City, Sate? Cedar Rapids, IAHandicap? 4Current gamer irons? TaylorMade P790Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I would like to compare them to my TaylorMade's and validate the positive feedback I've seen on Twitter and other places about Sub70's irons.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? YesThanks.

Pat Erb