2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Bushnell wingman

I've had mine for two rounds now.

The sound quality of the speaker is as good as you want in a golf cart. It's not super loud, and I wouldn't want it to be. It's plenty loud enough for the golf course.The build quality of the speaker seems good. The buttons all work well, they're arranged simply, and the magnet is very strong. It hasn't budged for two rounds. Seems like it will be weather proof too.Battery life seems great, I've played two rounds with it and had battery to spare. I know that tends to degrade over time but it's fine right now.The Bushnell software is where things start to go wrong. The software for the course is great, the details are good, the configurability is good, the yardages are not perfect but close enough for my game. But, after that, there's a problem. The software has a VERY complicated process to pair both the main unit and the little detachable button/disk to your phone. They don't have to both be paired to just play music, but if you want the GPS features, you have to have both paired. The software is VERY flaky. For instance, it consistently showed that neither was paired, when the main unit clear was and was already playing music. Further, the detachable button/disk stubbornly refuses to pair without a really frustrating amount of effort. The software gives you directions that are not based in how either device actually behaves or responds. I finally got them both paired, got to the course, and ..no...the button/disk was no longer paired. I spent all of one round, then all of one evening, and half of another round messing around with it, unpairing, repairing, yada yada....and finally got both working at the same time for the last half of the second round.This is Bushell, they're a pretty good company, and they can probably fix this with a software update. But until that happens, this is just a pretty good wireless speaker that might work as a basic yardage tool if you get lucky.

My two cents.

Mine got delivered after my round today so no on course GPS review yet, but as a speaker it’s impressive enough to justify. We

Solid sound quality and volume. Magnet holds it well.

I had it pumping in our wedge game area at the club today with a buddy and it goes far louder than you’ll ever need while actually playing. Sound actually has some pseudo bass to it. The EQ is well done to make it sound good with all music types.

playing in the AM at a course that’s new to me. Will give it a good gps comparison to my range finder. The Bushnell golf app seems solid as well in terms of yardages to hazards and forced carries.

great sound! way louder than I expected!

app: havent had many problems yet but I hate how no matter how far you are out it shows a red line with half the distance with a dot in it. like 100 out and it says 50/50 with a bullseye. yeah im not trying to hit there. I can tap the target but thats just silly to keep doing it over and over

• 4 weeks later...

nezander I'm having the same exact problem with pairing. When it works it's great but when it's not - it's a pain. I'm on my way to exchange a second one because of the problem. I thought it might be the first disk, or maybe my phone. Even when through the issue of troubleshooting with Bushnell direct. They just had me buy a new battery for the remote disk. Anyway, hopefully it is a software fix.

They only other issue I have is with the auto announce for distance when you get to the next tee. If you are playing courses with parallel fairways and get to close to another it will automatically jump to that hole and give bad yardage.

nezander I'm having the same exact problem with pairing. When it works it's great but when it's not - it's a pain. I'm on my way to exchange a second one because of the problem. I thought it might be the first disk, or maybe my phone. Even when through the issue of troubleshooting with Bushnell direct. They just had me buy a new battery for the remote disk. Anyway, hopefully it is a software fix.

They only other issue I have is with the auto announce for distance when you get to the next tee. If you are playing courses with parallel fairways and get to close to another it will automatically jump to that hole and give bad yardage.

Exactly. Some days it seems to pair just fine, but it never stays paired like a set of ear buds or whatever. So the next time you head to the course, you have to do it again, and sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. I'd say out of 10 rounds, maybe 2-3 rounds I was actually able to use the device as intended. I'm not impressed, which is a shame because when it's working, it works well and I enjoy it. As far as the auto announce goes, I wish that could be tuned a little more, for sure. It doesn't do me much good to announce that the hole is 700 yards from wherever I am at the time it decides to announce, when the blue tees I'm actually going to play from are 420 yards from the hole. Like, it has built in GPS. How hard would it be to wait to announce yardages after I stop moving?

I actually bought two at once. Both had the same issue. I tried trouble shooting with Bushnell and with BudgetGolf.com. BudgetGolf.com was great however and exchanged both of them. I got the replacements on Thursday and it paired immediately and worked great all weekend. Lasted 36 holes on Saturday. Crossing my fingers it lasts because it really is a great product when working. My only real issue is the app is horrible for keeping scores because it doesn't save them to go back and enter them into the handicap system for USGA or in my case WSGA. If it's not too late, I'd suggest exchanging yours for a new one.

• 4 months later...

I do enjoy the Wingman speaker and and have found the distances to be pretty dead-on.  It is distracting to have the phone ring through the Wingman while on the course though.  Does anyone know if it's possible to disconnect the phone part while keeping the music and apps connected?  Nothing worse that getting a phone call while on the tee and having the entire are "ringing"! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had mine for a month now, and all I can depend on is the speaker. The remote is a joke! Just like the other comments, mine only works once in a while. When trying to pair the remote it tells me that the device's bluetooth is not turned on. Bushnell replaced the remote after three frustrating weeks, and the new one worked one round and now won't pair again. 

All in all, it's a nice speaker but not worth  $150.00.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey..anybody else have an issue with the voice for yardage speaking in a very fast female voice and through the music?

I went into settings for voice and I have just 2 choices, English or Spanish. Nothing works in the search bar there either.

Frustrating because some buddies have these and they work great for them. One has an iPhone and the other an Android so it isn’t my phone. 

Ideas or repair suggestions? TIA

• 2 months later...

I bought one around 16 months ago. Love the speaker great volume and quality sound . However a month ago the remote crapped out . Emailed Bushnell they were kind enough to send me a free remote and it worked fine. Then the speaker stopped taking a charge . Very disappointing I liked the product but is is just junk now .  Bought this little waterproof speaker on amazon for my music great little inexpensive  speaker with fantastic battery life I get for 3 plus 18 hole rounds without recharge .  https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08ZLWDZ6H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 when with a skycaddie Lx5 for my gps 

• 2 months later...