Ping G410 Plus?

RickRude ·  
RickRudeRickRude Members  2WRX Points: 0Posts: 2 Starters

Hello,

With the coronavirus quarantine it looks like I need to order a driver and just see if I like it or return it.

Can anyone recommend the Ping G410 Plus? I'm about a 13 handicap but have below average swing speed for the handicap. My swing speed is likely around 90 mph. I was thinking about trying the G410 with appropriate loft/shaft, but it is daunting ordering a club without hitting it a dozen times in the simulator, which is unavailable in Canada for the foreseeable future due to covid-19. Anyone else having this problem, where they can't try clubs before purchasing? Of course you can return them if they don't have significant wear.

Thanks!

Posted:

Comments

• MyherobobhopeMyherobobhope hey there, blimpy boy. Flying through the sky so fancy free. Members  2975WRX Points: 708Handicap: 6Posts: 2,975 Titanium Tees

Wrong forum, but ping makes great equipment and as long as you get the right shaft, I’m sure you’ll be pleased with it.

You can also take a flier on old stuff on eBay... cobra and mizuno equipment loses value quickly and competes favorably with anything on the market. St190 from mizuno or cobra f9 or f8

Posted:

As of 6/5/20
    9.5 Cobra LTD Pro with Aldila Silver 110 X
    13 Degree Adams Speedline with Aldila Alpha X
    18 Degree Adams A12 with Proforce X
    6-PW Adams CMB with Project X 6.0
    5 iron Sub70 639 CB with S400
    4 iron / utility Sub 70 699 with Proforce 85 gram X
    50, 54, 60 Vokeys
    Tank Counter Balance #7
    Driver and Putter are set for now. Wedges are safe for time being.

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • hardtenhardten Members  3659WRX Points: 151Posts: 3,659 Titanium Tees

Nothing wrong or off base on a 90 mph driver SS with a 13HC. Believe 1/2 the BS you read on the forums on one's average driver distance. Valid acknowledged proved tests have shown most non pros believe their driver distance to be far greater than the reality of what the distances are..

Posted:
  • AngryGilmoreAngryGilmore Members  8WRX Points: 9Posts: 8 Bunkers

I tried it and it just "sat" wrong. I bought a Titleist TS2 and that thing is an absolute weapon.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.