Fit for Golf System

I was wondering if anyone had used the fit for golf system. I follow him on instagram and it looks like it gives good results but wondering if anyone from the GolfWRX community has had any experience with it. If so, what specific program did you use? He claims to be able to increase your swing speed without making you work too hard.

• 3 weeks later...

I follow mike and love his stuff but haven’t done his program... he’s going to be in the chasing scratch podcast they release tomorrow.

he seems to know his stuff from what I’ve seen of him... I need to commit to his program.

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

• 2 weeks later...

Entering week 3. Overall I like it. I’m using Blast motion to keep track of gains when hitting a ball. Overall maybe seeing a tiny bit more speed, but 2 weeks in is way too early to expect anything. I am already on level 2 of SuperSpeed protocol. Typically I do a soft issue exercise, mobility exercise, level 2 SuperSpeed protocol, then Fit For Golf weight lifting. Every workout uses core, upper body, and lower body. I workout Saturday, Monday, Wednesday with Thursday and Friday off. We’ll see what happens. I’m pretty motivated right now. I hope I can keep it up over the next year and get big gains.

I am starting to get a better understanding of why I’ve never really had explosive power whether it be golf or ice skating. All my lifting has been high rep lower weight. This has me doing low rep high weight. Based on some reading this makes a ton more sense for wanting to increase CHS.

My CHS is up on average 7-8 MPH and I'm only on week 3 of the SuperSpeed program. If you're on the fence just do it. Seriously its $12 per month. If you don't like it after the first month just cancel. I'm pretty geeked as I didn't think I could ever get into the 1-teens and I hit 113 a couple times today. I can't recommend this enough.

• 7 months later...
On 6/22/2020 at 2:54 PM, xmanhockey7 said:

My CHS is up on average 7-8 MPH and I'm only on week 3 of the SuperSpeed program. If you're on the fence just do it. Seriously its $12 per month. If you don't like it after the first month just cancel. I'm pretty geeked as I didn't think I could ever get into the 1-teens and I hit 113 a couple times today. I can't recommend this enough.

Any update here?  Considering trying the program, but not super into everything "as a subscription" these days.

Thanks!

OG Stealth Graphite Design Ventus Blue TR 60X

Ping 425 Max Hotmelted Tensei Orange 1k

Titleist T100, Project X LS 6.5

Epic 3w/5w/4h - Tour AD-DI

Wedgeworks SM8 55.13D / SM9 60.08M

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

I just started the first week in January and think it was one of the best decisions Ive made. Tracking your speed makes you want to keep chasing your goals and Mike is so responsive on the app with any questions you might have its like having a personal trainer. I also did see a pretty big jump in CHS over the first few weeks. Mike would say its not from gaining speed that early in the program but unlocking what you already had but it definitely motivates you to keep chasing more speed. My back feels best its felt all year and I already feel more flexible/mobile in areas I never was. You also do so many different workouts that you really get in a great workout every day that you do this. Even have stuff to do on off days.

• Thanks 1

I've posted similar results elsewhere in this forum, but I started FFG just before shutdown last March. Pre-COVID, I played squash two times a week and did a 45 minute functional workout twice a week before I started FFG (but the functional workout never involved heavy weights). I was also completing 2-3 superspeed workouts per week. Max ball speed on skytrak before starting FFG was about 162.

According to the app, I've completed 164 workouts. I also stopped doing superspeed workouts because there is just not enough time in the day. I've hit 177 mph on SkyTrak a few times now, but it wasn't an immediate jump. Took about 4 months to get to 168, then a couple months to crest 170, then a couple months to break 175. Highly recommend FFG.

• Thanks 1

Does fit for golf have an home/ limited equipment program? Will I even get anything out of it doing it without compound heavy lifts?

Driver: Titleist Tsi2 - GD AD-IZ 6x

3 wood: Taylormade SIM Max 15 - GD AD-VR 7x

hybrid: Ping G425 19 - GD AD-DI Hy 95x

irons (4-pw): Ping iBlade - Project X rifle 6.5 +1"

wedges (50,55,60): Vokey Sm9 - Project X rifle 6.5 +1"

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 36"

Ball: Titleist ProV1

23 hours ago, ryan84 said:

Does fit for golf have an home/ limited equipment program? Will I even get anything out of it doing it without compound heavy lifts?

Straight from website:

Q. I workout at home and don’t have certain equipment. What should I do?

Over 50% of the 1000+ Fit For Golf app users do their workouts from home. It can also be used while traveling / staying in hotels with a combination of the equipment in the following list that travels well, and hotel gyms. Here is the equipment list I recommend if doing the workouts from home:

Medicine Ball: I recommend a 6-10lb ball weight. This is dependent on your strength level. LINK. All medicine ball exercises can be simulated with resistance bands / tubing if throwing a medicine ball is not an option for you.
Dumbbells: The weight required will vary for different exercises but pairs of 20lb and 35lb would work well for most people. The more options in this regard the better. Most of the dumbbell exercises can be replicated with resistance bands however.
Resistance Bands /Tubing:  like these ones from Weinas .They can be used to replicate any of the exercises done on a cable machine in the gym, and can be used to simulate medicine ball exercises. They are also perfect for people who travel a lot. I also recommend this band from SKLZ, which will be used for warm-up exercises and is slightly different to the tubing style bands above.
TRX Suspension Straps Equivalent OR Pull-up Bar:  TRX Style Suspension Straps / Pull-up Bar
Dowel Rod / PVC Pipe / Broom Handle  (4-6 feet in length). A golf club can be used instead.

I personally started the program with dumbbells, a pull up bar, and resistance bands, but I then spent the money on a squat rack and weights in order to really be able to do the heavy squats, deadlifts, and bench presses.  If the dumbbells are heavy enough for you, than they'll be fine, but if you keep getting stronger than it gets difficult to do everything without a squat rack.  What equipment do you have at home?

Ping G425 Max 10.5* - Hzrdus RDX Smoke Blue 6.5 75g - 43.75 in.
Ping G425 Max 17.5* 5 wood - Hzrdus RDX Smoke Blue TX 88g - 41 in.

TM Stealth Rescue 22* 4H - Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 90s
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Combo - 4-PW - DG X100
Cleveland RTX 50*
Cleveland RTX-3 54*
Cleveland RTX-3 58*
Cleveland HB Soft 10.5 Putter

I signed up a few months ago and promptly broke a rib. I then signed up again during December and the gyms here closed as a result of another national lockdown. I have the feeling that myself and Fit For Golf are just not meant to be 😂

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

52 minutes ago, dsmil said:

Straight from website:

Q. I workout at home and don’t have certain equipment. What should I do?

Over 50% of the 1000+ Fit For Golf app users do their workouts from home. It can also be used while traveling / staying in hotels with a combination of the equipment in the following list that travels well, and hotel gyms. Here is the equipment list I recommend if doing the workouts from home:

Medicine Ball: I recommend a 6-10lb ball weight. This is dependent on your strength level. LINK. All medicine ball exercises can be simulated with resistance bands / tubing if throwing a medicine ball is not an option for you.
Dumbbells: The weight required will vary for different exercises but pairs of 20lb and 35lb would work well for most people. The more options in this regard the better. Most of the dumbbell exercises can be replicated with resistance bands however.
Resistance Bands /Tubing:  like these ones from Weinas .They can be used to replicate any of the exercises done on a cable machine in the gym, and can be used to simulate medicine ball exercises. They are also perfect for people who travel a lot. I also recommend this band from SKLZ, which will be used for warm-up exercises and is slightly different to the tubing style bands above.
TRX Suspension Straps Equivalent OR Pull-up Bar:  TRX Style Suspension Straps / Pull-up Bar
Dowel Rod / PVC Pipe / Broom Handle  (4-6 feet in length). A golf club can be used instead.

I personally started the program with dumbbells, a pull up bar, and resistance bands, but I then spent the money on a squat rack and weights in order to really be able to do the heavy squats, deadlifts, and bench presses.  If the dumbbells are heavy enough for you, than they'll be fine, but if you keep getting stronger than it gets difficult to do everything without a squat rack.  What equipment do you have at home?

Thanks, I have some lighter dumbells, med balls, bands, and cardio equipment (bike,tread). Did you feel like you were getting stronger and/or gaining speed without the compounds?

My two concerns were:

1. that without the heavy compounds it would end up being more of a cardio/get in shape routine. Not FFG's fault, but not something I really want to pay for. 

2. Is it the user who has to be creative with replacing the routine with the proper exercises, or does FFG give you a routine based on what you have?

Driver: Titleist Tsi2 - GD AD-IZ 6x

3 wood: Taylormade SIM Max 15 - GD AD-VR 7x

hybrid: Ping G425 19 - GD AD-DI Hy 95x

irons (4-pw): Ping iBlade - Project X rifle 6.5 +1"

wedges (50,55,60): Vokey Sm9 - Project X rifle 6.5 +1"

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 36"

Ball: Titleist ProV1

2 minutes ago, ryan84 said:

Thanks, I have some lighter dumbells, med balls, bands, and cardio equipment (bike,tread). Did you feel like you were getting stronger and/or gaining speed without the compounds?

My two concerns were:

1. that without the heavy compounds it would end up being more of a cardio/get in shape routine. Not FFG's fault, but not something I really want to pay for. 

2. Is it the user who has to be creative with replacing the routine with the proper exercises, or does FFG give you a routine based on what you have?

I was getting stronger in certain exercises but I also had dumbbells up to 60 lbs each at my disposal.  With lighter dumbbells only, I don't think that would have been possible.  The normal programs in the app lay out a routine and often give a dumbbell alternative, but you can also substitute exercises as needed.  There is also a list of "home/hotel workouts", outdoor options, etc. which require far less equipment but don't follow one of his main workout programs.  There is also a lot of mobility work in there which helps get the body more flexible for the golf swing. Squats and hip hinges (similar to deadlift) would certainly be difficult with lighter weights but you could do split squats or one legged hip hinges so the weight requirement is less.  Or you could find ways to make the moves more explosive if the weight is less, like jumping up while doing squats.  I believe that you can subscribe to the app monthly so if you don't like it, you're only out $12.

Ping G425 Max 10.5* - Hzrdus RDX Smoke Blue 6.5 75g - 43.75 in.
Ping G425 Max 17.5* 5 wood - Hzrdus RDX Smoke Blue TX 88g - 41 in.

TM Stealth Rescue 22* 4H - Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 90s
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Combo - 4-PW - DG X100
Cleveland RTX 50*
Cleveland RTX-3 54*
Cleveland RTX-3 58*
Cleveland HB Soft 10.5 Putter

3 hours ago, ryan84 said:

My two concerns were:

I can't speak specifically for Fit for Golf, but I went through a similar problem with a golf-oriented workout program I was paying for.  Basically, for strength I had: dumbbells up to 50lbs, a bench, medicine ball and a variety of resistance bands.  I also had a foam roller and some lacrosse balls for mobility.

I did make significant progress.  Mobility was improved, I did get stronger, and picked up a few mph with the driver.  But I did reach a point where I felt like I needed "more" to make progress.  Many of the strength exercises eventually weren't challenging, so a lot of the workout felt like I was going through the motions.  Unlilateral work certainly did make it more challenging, but my knees could only take so much of that so I don't feel like I was pushing myself as hard as I could with those exercises.

I did eventually buy a squat rack and barbell/weights.  That was pretty much a game changer.  Heavier weights is challenging my mobility more, too.  My knees have actually felt better since I started lifting heavier, too.  All of that is also translated to better performance on my unilateral work, too, that I was struggling with prior.  I can't tell you yet if any of this has translated to the golf course, but I do know that I'm swinging my irons with less effort and virtual no back pain.

Edited by SirFuego

19 hours ago, ryan84 said:

My two concerns were:

Just to put your mind at ease regarding point 1 - it's not a cardio / get in shape work out at all really. 

All of the fit for golf work outs are for developing speed / explosive power.  He doesn't advocate any cardio beyond walking when you play & sprint training. 

Even without the heavy lifts you'll find the mobility, speed, jumping & throwing exercises beneficial (in my opinion)

Driver - Taylormade SIM 10.5°

3 wood - Titleist 910f 15°

Hybrid- Titleist 910h°

Irons - Mizuno 919 Tour 4 - PW

Wedges - Titleist SM7 51 / 55 / 60 DG

Putter - Yes! Callie

Ball - Titleist Pro v1x

I've also posted this elsewhere (I think) on this forum, but I've been using FFG for about a year and love it. The programs are not just "golf specific" and are good workouts, period. They are also not overly long and you can typically complete them in less than 1 hour. With a new baby I'm currently doing the "In-season Power" workout and can complete the workouts in 30-40 minutes.

Mike is very responsive on social media and is constantly updating the app with new content. I've seen significant progress -- my driver swing speed increased from ~100-105 mph to ~110-115 (measured on a Full Swing simulator) after completing a few programs. Results will obviously vary as my mobility was pretty terrible before I started. There are usually discount codes to buy the program, but I say it's even worth the full price.

On 2/7/2021 at 4:58 PM, MysteryV said:

Any update here?  Considering trying the program, but not super into everything "as a subscription" these days.

Thanks!

It’s $12 a month. Usually can get first month 1/2 off. Try it for $6 the first month. If you hate it drop it after the first month. I do highly recommend. 

I've been doing FFG since November, religiously 3 times a week w/ Superspeed basically in the middle of the Offseason workout plan. So after the jumping & medicine ball stuff. Then weights afterwards.

We're stuck in lockdown here in Canada still so this has all been done indoors. I'm just using dumbbells, resistance bands and a medicine ball.

Between FFG & Superspeed I got my driver SS from around 105, I max out at 118 now. It's honestly a pretty intense workout that takes about 60-70 mins, but what else am I doing right now? I've had various plateaus with Superspeed but I guess thats to be expected, I just started Level 3 and really the only gains I have seen in like a month are my LH swings.

I'd say in general the biggest thing I've gotten from FFG is mobility. I wish I had access to heavier weights at this point but thats the situation I'm in. I'm not a big guy by any means (5'10" 150lbs) so the speed gains have been pretty sweet, & hopefully they'll carry over to the season. But I'd definitely recommend FFG as its just a generally good workout plan even if you don't golf. 

Sorry for the ramble haha.

D - TSR3 | Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W - Stealth+ | Ventus Blue 7X

5W - TSR2 | AD DI 8X

4H - TSR2 | AD DI 9X

5-PW - MP-223 | PX LZ 6.5

50/55/60 - MG4 | DG TI S400

P - Studio Stainless NP2 350g

B - ProV1x

B - Linksmaster